STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Serious question. Anyone work out when they're high? I feel like I don't feel as much struggle to get th weights up. And I don't feel muscle fatigue as fast. I just did about 70 crunches and finally got cramps in my abs so I stopped.

Yeah that's real. I'll take a light dab if I leave my pen in my car on the way. I don't get high, just focused.

My body is starting to hold water again. Ive been slacking on my water in take. Its ok its time for me to start slowly getting carbs back in anyway. Ill bulk for about 5-6 weeks before i go back to maintaining and my trip to korea next year

Been on JPHYSIQUE program and this week is week 9. Ive never felt stronger and better.

Hit that man up for that online coach. He got them NT fam prices

Don't forget db rows for grip strength, not to mention a good back exercise

I drive a lot for work and i keep one of those hand squeezers with me, but i dunno how much it helps

That's the route I'd like to take. I don't want the bar tied to me once I'm getting up there in weight. I want to be able to drop it if I have to.

How do you suggest I do that? Just keep deadlifting? My grip used to top out at 160 or so. It's definitely getting better.

Tha bar isn't really tied to you. As soon as you loosen your grip, the bar will slide right out of the straps. I use them on days when I feel like going heavy and don't want grip strength holding me back.

Does chalk make a mess? I go to 24 hour fitness and it's pretty sterile.

I just joined 24 and I know a bunch of dudes that use chalk. Apparently the employees don't mind that much but there are certain members that complain if they see it. Could vary with location though.

I used chalk at 24 all the time, I can't deadlift without it since my sweaty hands kill my pulls. It really doesn't make much of a mess.

Serious question. Anyone work out when they're high? I feel like I don't feel as much struggle to get th weights up. And I don't feel muscle fatigue as fast. I just did about 70 crunches and finally got cramps in my abs so I stopped.
Unless you were high enough where you THOUGHT you did 70 but really did 7 
laugh.gif

Does chalk make a mess? I go to 24 hour fitness and it's pretty sterile.

I'll hit some reverse curls everyday this week and see what happens next week. I deadlift on Mondays.

Some gyms are picky when it comes to chalk. I just try to minimize the mess and clean up after myself. Chalk will definitely help with the bar slipping and all that.

My body is starting to hold water again. Ive been slacking on my water in take. Its ok its time for me to start slowly getting carbs back in anyway. Ill bulk for about 5-6 weeks before i go back to maintaining and my trip to korea next year

Been on JPHYSIQUE program and this week is week 9. Ive never felt stronger and better.

Hit that man up for that online coach. He got them NT fam prices
he's charging you? 
laugh.gif

No one will say anything to me if I use chalk. I just don't want a big mess to clean up. I go after hours.

I'm about to see what happens after I work on my grip a little more. It's still consistently getting better I guess.

You were over 350 because of working retail?

Yeah i played football in college was already big . Started working got promoted worked a lot ate terribly. Like ate one big fast food meal a day. Teally bad choices. I didnt care i was making money combine that with stress .

Sucked man

I was really lost...i really didnt care .about being fit since my bills.were paid

Last edited:

he's charging you? 
laugh.gif
No shade to the guy, but everyone is a coach these days lol I pay for mine but he makes a whole program suited to me personally and gives me feedback within 5-10 minutes of texting, he makes it easy all I have to do is lift, no thinking involved. I would find it hard to believe if guys like Chris Jones and CG can be reached very quickly and Id bet they use the same program for everyone and the rep scheme is around 3-5 sets of 10-15 reps.

Also all of them are gonna give you somewhat close to the same meal plan, I would NEVER pay for one of those.

Just caught the last couple of pages. First, the Nutribullet is amazing. Second, I realized how little I know about CF. Anyway, I've always been athletically active, and tend to eat on the healthier side. Recently I've been making an effort to put on a little more weight, in order to build muscle. I have an ectomorph body type ( I'm told), so I have to eat more than ever.I'm waiting for my YMCA membership to be processed. Enough of that. I'm just interested in visiting this thread to gain useful gems.

Last edited:

No shade to the guy, but everyone is a coach these days lol I pay for mine but he makes a whole program suited to me personally and gives me feedback within 5-10 minutes of texting, he makes it easy all I have to do is lift, no thinking involved. I would find it hard to believe if guys like Chris Jones and CG can be reached very quickly and Id bet they use the same program for everyone and the rep scheme is around 3-5 sets of 10-15 reps.

Also all of them are gonna give you somewhat close to the same meal plan, I would NEVER pay for one of those.
You're right. Everyone is a "coach" these days lol. And they give bad terrible programs, "meal plan" advice. And gives real coaches/trainers a bad rep. If you do your research you can find a good coach. I don't use a cookie cutter program hahaha. I work with percentages and total tonnage. Progressive overload. Getting stronger leads to more muscle growth. 5 sets of 10-12 reps like these basic plans that you get off a magazine is horrible! 

No shade to chris jones and CG but these guys use basic meal plans. Eat this for meal 1 and so fourth. Chris Jones even as a over 200 pound meal plan! Haha. If you're 200 pounds use this meal plan and you'll lose weight. He doesn't account for metabolic rate, metabolism. How much can they really eat to lose weight and still be able to enjoy their food and live life while at a deficit. Its just a cookie cutter meal plan(eat this at 1 meal/eat this at meal 6) and do all this crazy cardio. Of course you'll lose weight when use eat less and do cardio lol. 

I on the other hand. Will sit down with you and we will taylor a custom macro plan for you. So no "meal plan" aka eat this at meal 1 and so fourth. I will see how much carbs protein fats you can eat. That is if you're cutting, trying to lean bulk. If your carb sensitive. Even if you're vegan. I have a degree in kinesiology, a background in athletic training and nutrition. Real certs. Unlike these "poplar youtube fitness gurus" that don't have any real degrees or certs. If you're not popular on youtube it doesn't mean you don't know how to train or coach people. 

A lot of people need coaches. Not everyone has the knowledge or time to do and figure it out on their own. Look around and do your research. Just don't go with the most popular person(thinking he/she knows it all or is god because they have 1 million subs on youtube lol)

My buddy got a coach and got shredded af
Remmeber depends of you and the research on finding a good coach. Also getting shredded is easy lol. But did he have to suffer and eat nothing and do crazy amount of cardio that is the question? But he might be one of the good guys like me! lol

My buddy got a coach and got shredded af

Remmeber depends of you and the research on finding a good coach. Also getting shredded is easy lol. But did he have to suffer and eat nothing and do crazy amount of cardio that is the question? But he might be one of the good guys like me! lol

Nah. Ive seen his meals, theyre good portions. The only time he ever does cardio is once a week for soccer

If I wanted to compete I'd get a coach. I know all about food and dietary needs so no need there. When I first started lifting I was kind of lost. A friend showed me a lot of lifts and I learned a lot off YouTube. Deadlifts, powercleans, front squats, proper bench form. It's all out there for free.

I think competing in powerlifting would be fun as hell though. I'd get a coach for that. Maybe one day when I'm no working so much.

I think the hardest part about getting shredded would be your diet. But that wouldn't even be that bad. It's harder for me to put down massive amounts of food that I need to. I will hit 170 of its the last thing I do. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah man I agree with you 100% those dudes are just making money off idiots, cant knock the hustle.

Thats cool that you make it tailored to the individual though, but I still think the majority of people don't need a diet coach. They should be able to find all the info they need online to help them gain muscle/lose fat. Now if you need to do contest prep thats another story. 

Back
Top Bottom