STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

send it to me since we both in NJ lol
nerd.gif

The Olympics is going to be close between Ilya and David Bedzhayan and Nurudinov

Ilya is the best at the clean and jerk of the three, obviously, but the other two are not that far behind

Ilya is probably the poorest at the snatch of the three. The other two guys are more comfortable snatching in the 190's than he is. And I can see all of them clean and jerking 242 or higher in the Olympics.

Ilya got to try his best to get his snatch up higher. Snatching 191 might not cut it..

That's how epic the 105 category is going to be. Snatching 420 pounds over your damn head might not cut it :x :x :x

*edit

Nvm. Ilya clean and jerking 250 should give him the overall lol

Last edited:
I always love the "I squat XXX lbs" or bench. I know I'm not that strong but when my friend is like I squat 365 for like 4-5 and they never go to the gym then you go with them and it's a quarter squat. Or I bench 275 and the bar is no where near their chest and I'm like uh ok. I feel like deadlift is the most true conversational number. Anyway you get it up and lock it out...to me it's the hardest lift to cheat like that.

Inb4 sumo is cheating

Mannnnn I don't wanna sound like a hater but dudes who LOAD the leg press machines to the max. I'm talkin damn near 12 plates of 45 and barely...BARELY do a 5% full press confuse me so much!!! I go to crunch on sunset and small dude LOADED squat machine. I stopped to stare just because I couldn't believe he was going to try to attempt it. I promise you his squat was nothing more than a calf raise.

I feel bad because I wish they knew that proper form doesn't require insane weight. I want to go tell them and give pointers but I don't want to come off as pretentious.

I just think it's funny. Like why are you here? No one thinks you're cool because you can leg press 800 pounds two inches or "bench" 350 and only go down a third of the way. I don't see much of that though. I go late night and usually those guys in the gym are about it. The gym is hella fun at midnight when it's packed people who are serious about it. I've definitely learned a few things from some guys there.

Gonna start that 24 lifestyle soon. Anyone got any shopping ideas for what I need? Lock, some sort of toiletries carrier, soap, etc,towels? Product links\names?

P.R. Front Squat - 245 x 2, 255 x 1

36, 5'11

Almost hit 315 for a triple yesterday, my belt popped off, lost concentration and my midline so I dumped it. Need a new belt, the budget Harbinger isn't cutting it. :lol:

Doing the Invictus online comp at the moment, yesterday was fun.

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to say. Since we been talking oly lifting.

My coach podiumed at the American Open in the 85 kg category. He went 143 kg/175 kg.

Glad to have this guy showing me the ropes :pimp:

Gonna start that 24 lifestyle soon. Anyone got any shopping ideas for what I need? Lock, some sort of toiletries carrier, soap, etc,towels? Product links\names?
If by "24 lifestyle" you mean you joined 24-Hour Fitness, congrats. 

You really don't need much though. Just get into the habit of going to the gym consistently before buying gear. Unless you plan on changing at the gym you don't need anything really. I go to the gym in my gym clothes and just shower when I get home. Of course this depends on your schedule. Only things I bring are a pair of basketball shoes and an extra shirt in case I'm in the mood to shoot some hoops.

Once you start going consistently you'll figure out what you "need".

Last edited:
When you see someone put damn near you squat and deadlift max over their head :frown:

I feel the same way breh :frown:

My coach podiumed at the American Open in the 85 kg category. He went 143 kg/175 kg.

Sick, soak that info like a sponge man :smokin . I would love to learn oly lifting, the mastery of power, explosiveness and technique is amazing to me.

I always love the "I squat XXX lbs" or bench. I know I'm not that strong but when my friend is like I squat 365 for like 4-5 and they never go to the gym then you go with them and it's a quarter squat. Or I bench 275 and the bar is no where near their chest and I'm like uh ok. I feel like deadlift is the most true conversational number. Anyway you get it up and lock it out...to me it's the hardest lift to cheat like that.

Inb4 sumo is cheating
I was DL'ing today, and there were some high school kids squatting besides me. No warm up or anything, they just throw 195 on the bar. Neither squats anywhere close to parallel, I'm talking like maybe a quarter squat 
laugh.gif

Dude throws 245 on the bar, quarter squats down and looks like his whole body is shaking like he's having a seizure, while is friend his friend spotting him basically lifts him up 
laugh.gif

Also like someone just said, there is a guy at my gym who loads the leg press up with plates and moves it 3 inches, while pushing his hands on his knees. Same guy also squats a lot of weight, hits better depth than the HS kids but still comes no where close to parallel 
mean.gif

These dudes need to see themselves on video to see just how pathetic they look.  
laugh.gif

When you see someone put damn near you squat and deadlift max over their head :frown:

I feel the same way breh :frown:

Sick, soak that info like a sponge man :smokin . I would love to learn oly lifting, the mastery of power, explosiveness and technique is amazing to me.

You live in NY. Where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom