STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Maserati Fox Maserati Fox

Going to assume you live in Queens. In Rego Park, there's a thriving weightlifting community on Queens Blvd. Forgetting the name of the gym though. Lol. My coach lifts there.

Last edited:
Almost hit 315 for a triple yesterday, my belt popped off, lost concentration and my midline so I dumped it. Need a new belt, the budget Harbinger isn't cutting it. :lol:

Doing the Invictus online comp at the moment, yesterday was fun.

Invictus WOD's are no jokes. I did one and I was exhausted in the end lol.

315 is solid bro. I hope I get to 300 on the front squats.

Oh, forgot to say. Since we been talking oly lifting.

My coach podiumed at the American Open in the 85 kg category. He went 143 kg/175 kg.

Glad to have this guy showing me the ropes :pimp:

Now that's dope. My coach qualified to the opens but couldn't go to Reno.

New PRs.

Clean without feet 90KG x 2
Snatch without feet 60kg x3

Last edited:
Maserati Fox Maserati Fox

Going to assume you live in Queens. In Rego Park, there's a thriving weightlifting community on Queens Blvd. Forgetting the name of the gym though. Lol. My coach lifts there.

I live on Long Island not too far from Queens tho, about 20-30 mins away. I'm gonna def take a look, appreciate it man :pimp:

Just came across this...

Can you believe this chick is the best female 69 kg lifter in the country?

:wow:

Last edited:
If by "24 lifestyle" you mean you joined 24-Hour Fitness, congrats. 

You really don't need much though. Just get into the habit of going to the gym consistently before buying gear. Unless you plan on changing at the gym you don't need anything really. I go to the gym in my gym clothes and just shower when I get home. Of course this depends on your schedule. Only things I bring are a pair of basketball shoes and an extra shirt in case I'm in the mood to shoot some hoops.

Once you start going consistently you'll figure out what you "need".

I have to drive to different locations for work. I don't want to deal with mad traffic so will head to a 24 close to the work spot before work and after work (so I kind of need everything). Not gonna work out too crazy etc everyday (mostly treadmill/squats/evening shoot around).

Finally gonna join a box, bros. United Barbell in SF.

They have Colleenn Fotsch and Spencer (they're always on da barbell wod and norcal strentgh instas).

Mostly just tryna meet new gym rats (da next jackie perez) and hopefully get noticed (da sponsorships).

Hey all, I don't want to come off as salesy but I work at Life Time Fitness Corporate (I'm not a membership slinger or anything, I actually work in National Recruiting) and once a year we are able to give away two discounted memberships. I just email you the offer and you sign up online. Right now it's going on (deal ends 12/31) if anyone is interested, DM me. Just trying to help out if anyone is interested.

Details:

*$0 joining fees
*$0 add on fees
*No contract
*Monthly dues savings of $10 for single membership and $20 for two or more people. (Discount doesn't expire.)
*Move It Session, a one-hour session to explore and experience equipment, discuss goals and develop a customized workout plan ($80 value).
*100 LT BUCK$, to use towards all services Life Time offers, such as Personal Training Sessions, Kids’ Swim Lessons, workout gear and many other options

Last edited:
I think the hype train got to Mattie, she bombed out like the China team.

Low key Jessica Lucero is killing it at 58kg

Pomponio is my dude though.

Pomponio's name sounds familiar. He's an 85 kg lifter?

The usa girls are killing it in 3 different lifting categories. 58, 69 and 75 (?). Hopefully they all prosper.

Last edited:
who was the one in here that was selling the Fat Gripz

used one today. made my shoulder feel a lot better on the bench today.

i need to get a set of these now.

Last edited:
How do fat gripz help your shoulder? o_O.

i didn't fully explain. (I apologize)

this is just what from dude told me then me trying it myself. It basically helps with your joints by making the moves feel a little more natural, by opening up your palms (not my definition.)
basically i did only the bar and felt that nagging shoulder pain I usually get.
used the fat grips and it felt better benching.. kind of like doing a push up compared to just holding the ball. and coming down.
(I'm not explaining it correctly I know)
maybe another membber who uses it can explain better.

From the site
6) Why Does Using A Thick Bar Have That Effect?
Thick Bars (and Fat Gripz) work for many reasons including:

Increased muscle activation - thicker handles stimulate much more muscle activation in the hands and forearms and in the upper arms and whole upper body. More muscle activation means much bigger muscle and strength gains.
"Unlocking" muscle gains - thick bars make your hands, fingers and forearms so much stronger that your body can finally stop "holding back" the strength and muscle gains in your uppers arms, back and chest.
Complete training - thick bar training automatically trains your hands, fingers and forearms at all angles. If you are bench pressing, the thick bar will train your hands and forearms in a completely different way than if you are doing chin ups on a thick bar.
Natural movement - thick bars perfectly replicate the natural function of the human hand - lifting heavy, awkward objects.
Automatic training - thick bars means you are training your grip the whole time and you don't even need to do any extra exercises.
Concentration - thick bars are harder to handle so you need to concentrate a lot harder to lift the weight. Some credit this alone with making them significantly stronger.
Less imbalances and injuries - thick bars shift the stress off the joints and onto the muscles because a thick bar spreads the weight over a larger area

Did leg day Monday for the first time in a month.... (Birthday/2nd job/holiday took too much time off my normal routine)

Monday:

Tuesday:

Today:

I'm never taking that long of a break again. I'm at work feelin it every time i stand up.

Last edited:
Na, my hands are very tiny. It's to the point when I started out, I was using the women's bar, but then I was getting clowned on so I've been using the men's bar since :rofl:

If I use fat gripz, I bet I wouldn't be able to hold onto the bar :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom