STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

yo fam, any experience with the HCG diet? my wife is asking about it cuz all her coworkers are talking about it. TIA

yo fam, any experience with the HCG diet? my wife is asking about it cuz all her coworkers are talking about it. TIA

When I first saw this I immediately thought human chorionic gonadotrophin, a pregnancy hormone. To my surprise that's what it was referring to...

Never heard of it until now. Just googled it and it seems like a fad diet to me. And I don't trust a diet that includes hormone injections lol. Plus, from the few minutes of skimming I did it seems like you just go on an extreme caloric deficit. No thanks, Jeff.

But it could be a good diet, I'm just some kid on a sneaker forum. Plus my diet is **** :lol:

Last edited:
When I first saw this I immediately thought human chorionic gonadotrophin, a pregnancy hormone. To my surprise that's what it was referring to...

Never heard of it until now. Just googled it and it seems like a fad diet to me. And I don't trust a diet that includes hormone injections lol. Plus, from the few minutes of skimming I did it seems like you just go on an extreme caloric deficit. No thanks, Jeff.

But it could be a good diet, I'm just some kid on a sneaker forum. Plus my diet is ****
laugh.gif
you a doctor b?

But it could be a good diet, I'm just some kid on a sneaker forum. Plus my diet is **** :lol:

lol my diet is whack too. eat whatever i want, and lift whenever i have time to. works for me :wink:

my wife on the other hand always sees/hears of these diets and always wants to try them.

Fad diet followers are the worst. Calories in vs calories out.

All the paleo bros come into work now ordering big piles of meat after they take everything off their burger. Looks awful.

Paleo diet does wonders from the people I've been go through with it.

I did it for 2 days and snapped on some Dennys pancakes. Sugar is a hell of a drug and that dark chocolate wasn't enough.

Rack pulls are amazing guis. My entire back from top to bottom is feelin' it.
Rack pulls after deadlift, deficit deadlifts after squat = profit

I'm doing Laynes PHAT again. Started it this week.

Really really liking the flexibility incorporated into the power days. Basically just push as much weight as you can for 3-5 rep range. Rotate lifts every few weeks. :pimp:

Paleo diet does wonders from the people I've been go through with it.

I did it for 2 days and snapped on some Dennys pancakes. Sugar is a hell of a drug and that dark chocolate wasn't enough.

Idk man. I'm just a firm believer in eating like a sane person and looking in the mirror. If you see yourself starting to go fix it immediately that way you don't end up 75 pounds over weight and trying all these new diets.

that hcg diet is really a thing?
is oral hcg even bioavailable?
docs can prescribe hcg for dietary issues?
The one article I looked over said that most supplements do not actually contain HCG...

Supposedly it's for curbing appetite which I suppose you really need if you're taking in sub-800 calories a day (which the diet apparently suggests).

After seeing those things I didn't care to look into it more.

So was at LA fitness yesterday for legs day. There are 3 squat racks. One is the box with the adjustable safety arms and the other two are the pre made racks. I got the pre made rack (the ones that basically have pre set notches and non-adjustable saftey arms). I can't squat in them to any depth. I don't understand why they are even a thing? I am 6 feet tall and i bottom out and hit the rack on my squats.

I was walking 295lbs out 6 steps to get behind the whole damb rack. My lower back is on fire today. It was candito week 2. 295 max rep 10 then 5-10 sets of 3 reps at 290 with a 60 second break between each set. I only got 6 sets in before my lower back wasn't having it. That probably had to do with shoveling snow but walking all that weight out and trying to set up after 6 steps was tiring as hell. Does anyone else have this issue. You burn out on the last rep and then i have to gain composure and walk 6 steps back into the rack....its literally a joke

6 steps from the rack is like Yeshua walking with a cross for 2.5 miles away.

I only take 2-3 steps from the rack. Especially when I'm solo.

Guys with lower back pains while back squatting, are you guys doing a low bar squat form or high bar squat form?

IMO, if you coming forward on a high bar and using your back to come up, it's too much weight and may need to work on your form.

If your form is fine, then you may need to do some postural accessories exercises/training. I do them 2-3 a week.

Last edited:
this is what im talking about

Now there is one like this at my other gym and the arms are low enough. But the LA fitness ones are too high. I don't get it. I think i am slightly above average height...i don't know how these are even a thing where I can't squat in them. I literally walk behind the arms. Its a good 6 steps of baby steps because of all the weight.

Last edited:
I'm amped about getting my L1 Crossfit Coach certification this weekend. Classes are this weekend.

Next will be my Level 1 USA Weightlifting Sport Performance Coach certification (Olylifting).

this is what im talking about

Now there is one like this at my other gym and the arms are low enough. But the LA fitness ones are too high. I don't get it. I think i am slightly above average height...i don't know how these are even a thing where I can't squat in them. I literally walk behind the arms. Its a good 6 steps of baby steps because of all the weight.

Dang bro, the Quarter Squat Racks. Lmao

That's just terrible. Now I understand.

Last edited:
I have those at my gym, cause of my hip flexor zi cant hit the depth I want nor is my squat the best form but ive seen dudes with 3-4 plates hit good depth, maybe not ATG but lower than parallel. Maybe cause you have long legs?

Last edited:
The idea of certifications (in general) based on a book and test, or classes in one weekend, is asinine imo. What other profession would you entertain advice from someone who read a book and passed a test with no other background/qualifications?

The idea of certifications (in general) based on a book and test, or classes in one weekend, is asinine imo. What other profession would you entertain advice from someone who read a book and passed a test with no other background/qualifications?

Well that goes for a degree too? Better yet, a technology specifics boot camp certification that last a weekend? MCSE, CCNA, PMI

I rather be certified then some bro science guy giving me advice. :lol:

Besides you have to start somewhere. Knowledge is knowledge whether it's from a textbook (which I may say is very informative, you get a chance read it) or experience.

It's a requirement to have it in order to open an affiliate Crossfit Gym. Which I'm planning to do.

Last edited:
Crossfit certs are just overpriced broscience associates degrees anyway. The norm is a weekend warrior sits through the course and opens a box to make bank without any regard to form safety.

Back
Top Bottom