STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The bro science is rampant in this thread.

Also- can we make a thread specifically dedicated to discussing protein? And banish the word in this thread, unless talking about actual food.

treadmill plateau 
roll.gif

mean.gif

The bro science is rampant in this thread.

Also- can we make a thread specifically dedicated to discussing protein? And banish the word in this thread, unless talking about actual food.
i already suggested a separate thread for supplements 
laugh.gif

How do you even treadmill plateau? I can understand getting bored and not being challenged by running in general is boring to me imo. I'd much rather do something like HIIT

What HIIT workouts are you guys doing? I usually just do sprints/jogging or battle ropes. Looking for something new.

What does this even mean?

Training your girl should be no different...

SRS...

1. Talking about a treadmill plateau...
2. Asking a shoe forum for training advice.
3. Probably doesn't know what he is doing himself, which is cool, by all means DIY at your own expense. Don't put another poor soul through it.

"Don't be that guy". We've all seen that one guy, training his girl at the gym when he clearly doesn't know what he is doing. You've seen it, I've seen it, if you've been to a commercial gym, you've seen it.

Last edited:
I love battle ropes. I incorporate it into my regular weightlifting regimen because it's fun. Such a nice stress reliever :pimp: :pimp:

SRS...

3. Probably doesn't know what he is doing himself, which is cool, by all means DIY at your own expense. Don't put another poor soul through it.

"Don't be that guy". We've all seen that one guy, trading his girl at the gym when he clearly doesn't know what he is doing. You've seen it, I've seen it, if you've been to a commercial gym, you've seen it.

I've seen it. Frail dudes just read mark rippetoes book and they think they know everything about compound lifts. Going up to random dudes saying "you should squat barefoot" while they're not even close to breaking the plane on squats.

Then they have their girls doing lunges. I saw this one dude having this Girl doing reverse lunges where she took her leg and crossed it behind the other. My knees hurt just looking at it

SRS...

"Don't be that guy". We've all seen that one guy, training his girl at the gym when he clearly doesn't know what he is doing. You've seen it, I've seen it, if you've been to a commercial gym, you've seen it.
Repped for truth.

Number 2 gets me a lot, the most successful people in training learn it through research, trial and error and  personal experiences, not asking people on NT.

There is a LOT of information on the first post of this thread. Most of the questions asked in here can be answered on that first post. 

I just wish there was a way to sticky it at the top of the thread so people view it on every page. 

You think it could be that? Interesting. I breathe throughout the workout but may hold my breathe here and there on last reps of a set.
Yeah make sure you're breathing right. "Gas" just makes me think either diet or odd breathing patterns.

I've seen it. Frail dudes just read mark rippetoes book and they think they know everything about compound lifts. Going up to random dudes saying "you should squat barefoot" while they're not even close to breaking the plane on squats.

Then they have their girls doing lunges. I saw this one dude having this Girl doing reverse lunges where she took her leg and crossed it behind the other. My knees hurt just looking at it

Are lunges "bad"?

Are lunges "bad"?
Lunges are great, if you do them right. Just like any other exercise. 

I did more research and apparently the lunge I described is a reverse cross over lunge? Idk, it just didn't look like a good idea to me. 

I could very well be wrong and that this is a "legit" exercise. If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me. But i feel like there are more effective ways to work your legs and glutes

Last edited:
SRS...

Last time i checked this was a thread dedicated to "get in shape". Whats the problem here? 
smile.gif

Sooo....what's the point of this thread then? :lol:

1. feedback
2. Suggestions
3. Motivation
4. Advice

Guy asked how he should train his girlfriend, he doesn't know how to go about it. He was advised not to :smile:.

Look training others isn't easy. Everyone thinks it's easy, it's not. You can really **** people up. If you are training someone and you've never done so, let them know "I would love to, so far I have learned to train myself, however you will be my guinea pig as I learn to train others." If they want to continue, by all means, as long as they know the risks.

Back
Top Bottom