STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

pancakes are called panCAKES for a reason.

It is a desert. It is just as bad as muffins, doughnuts, and the rest of that French **** that people eat as breakfast food.

But just throwing what I ate today.

Breakfast
Turkey Bacon + 2 Eggs on whole wheat toast
Quick Oats w/Ground Ginger + CInnamon

Snack
Banana

Snack
Pear

Lunch
Chicken Breast + Mixed Veggibles

Snack
Pear

Dinner
PotBelly's Chicken Salad Sandwich on wheat

Snack
Unsalted in-shell peanuts
Chicken twice in one day? 
mean.gif

Went on a store run on my break, forget to get the bananas. Had no idea which Greek yogurt was the best so I grabbed the one with the most protein. DC and Sneaker fan, how do you guys prepare the oats before putting them in your shakes?
I either use steel cut oats or this 12 grain mix I bought from whole foods.

I just throw it in there man.

He was trying to get smart with me because I suggested that we need to diversify our protein sources instead of eating chicken breast, chicken breast, chicken breast all the time. Which also allows us to watch our chelesterol levels.

He was trying to get smart with me because I suggested that we need to diversify our protein sources instead of eating chicken breast, chicken breast, chicken breast all the time. Which also allows us to watch our chelesterol levels.
I thinking I'm losing the meaning of your post in the multiple layers of sarcasm, but you are aware that consumption of dietary cholesterol doesn't really correlate with high blood cholesterol levels right?

Explain.......

Yes, please do. I've been eating chicken twice a day for the last month and although I'm not overly concerned about the cholesterol anyways I'm curious to know.
You basically dont have a cholesterol blood level, you have a lipoprotein level ( vldl LDL hdl etc) which are made in the liver and delivered to cells in the body

Inside lipoproteins are cholesterol

Eating cholesterol doesn't change that number but has an influence on how much your liver makes

A high carb diet causes "high cholesterol levels" if you wanna say
If your body doesn't get cholesterol it's gonna pump out crazy amounts vs maintaining a natural level while eating good number of cholesterol

Edit: I recommend The Great Cholesterol Con, great read regarding fats and heart disease and the how we've really been mislead into thinking sat fat is bad and all that mess

IMO Giant Sports Delicious Protein is probably the best protein. Flavor and quality wise. This company will be top 5 in protein by the end of this year.

all 3 flavors are delicious as hell, the cookies and cream is good but i hate it because i get sick of the flavor so quickly. that goes for all brands with CC :x

but man, their vanilla is so damn good.

i mix all my protein in water and you wouldn't even think it was mixed in water,

if you guys are looking for a new protein try them out, you wont regret it,

Yes, crossfit also has running and other cardio.. rowing, jumprope, not sure if you could consider burpees cardio. .but it's a work out

Yup.

Lots o jump rope.

Also from what I noticed the most fundamental work out is squats, almost everything revolves around them somehow.

Damn! Don't have time to post an update tonight! I had a lot of questions.

But I can say, this is the first time I've ever been mentally strong enough to go out and only drink water and not crave fast food. Who says I'm not having fun? :pimp:

iLLest!

i'm 2 weeks into IF and feel that same way. i go out, not drink and have a really good time with the homies.

just finished legs. doing my legs is easily one of my favorite pieces to train now. i love that pump too. i no my *** is gonna hurt like a ***** tomorrow tho, looking forward to it. lol pause.

What's your routine on leg days?

I usually use that day as my total body workouts and it makes for a killer day. Squats, Power Cleans, Deadlifts, and the last workout is either lunges, bulgarian split, or whatever else I feel like. Such a great day. Intense!

Well I switch up things fairly often, but stay with the same with basic movements, just variations of them.

so today I started with heavy leg press, warmed up with 3 45s on each side and slowly built my way up to 7 on each side. very deep stretches, focused on the full range of motion, really felt it in the glutes on the bottom of the negative.

Then did some deadlifts. i lowered the weight some so that i could focus on perfect form to take my lower back out completely.

then did like 6 sets of walking lunger, progressively building the weight on every 3rd set.

finished the power leg workout with Jefferson squats. i was dead by this point, felt it all through my hams and glutes, but i made sure to keep my back straight and really squeeeze my *** at the top of the movement.

then did a half hour of calve stuff, standing calve raise and seated superset with some oblique twists.

it's wild but but some of these workouts are tough as hell, but for the most part i prefer to work alone, i just like to zone out and do my thing in peace. But in doing that, I also have to push myself since there's nobody to do it lol. So I talk ****, tell myself to stop being a ***** when I'm halfass'n, tell myself to keep pushing, tell myself the breaks over, i've lowkey created a separate persona for the weightroom loll. does that make me crazy? hahah

Well I switch up things fairly often, but stay with the same with basic movements, just variations of them.

so today I started with heavy leg press, warmed up with 3 45s on each side and slowly built my way up to 7 on each side. very deep stretches, focused on the full range of motion, really felt it in the glutes on the bottom of the negative.

Then did some deadlifts. i lowered the weight some so that i could focus on perfect form to take my lower back out completely.

then did like 6 sets of walking lunger, progressively building the weight on every 3rd set.

finished the power leg workout with Jefferson squats. i was dead by this point, felt it all through my hams and glutes, but i made sure to keep my back straight and really squeeeze my *** at the top of the movement.

then did a half hour of calve stuff, standing calve raise and seated superset with some oblique twists.

it's wild but but some of these workouts are tough as hell, but for the most part i prefer to work alone, i just like to zone out and do my thing in peace. But in doing that, I also have to push myself since there's nobody to do it lol. So I talk ****, tell myself to stop being a ***** when I'm halfass'n, tell myself to keep pushing, tell myself the breaks over, i've lowkey created a separate persona for the weightroom loll. does that make me crazy? hahah

your thoughts on a 5day split vs a 3 day full body?

your thoughts on a 5day split vs a 3 day full body?

I understand people opting for the 3 day, i mean it's less time consuming, from what i remember from trying that at one point, pretty effective i guess. But I'd definitely prefer a split, no doubt. I like being about to focus all my efforts on the piece I'm trying to change that day. If you have too many body parts to work on, then you cant fully give your all to any of them because you know you have to get some energy and effort in the tank for what you have left. But say all you're working is chest today, well you know already that the end all, be all to your workout is chest, so you can go balls to the wall until you destroy every fiber, and then when you finish, you can go home. If you do a little bit of everything, then you can't really give your all to anything. not to mention I like to keep my workouts to about an hour, I can only imagine the fully of not getting anything accomplished at the end of that hour if I only focus 10-15 minutes per part.

So yea, it definitely takes a little more time, but I feel overall, the split is the way to go. Not saying you can't be successful in the full body, but imo that just seems like a waste of sweat. i do like to superset, or split up the hour with a big body part and a small one, but only because I know the majority of my efforts go to my primary activity and the superset is just to utilize that already occurring pump.

I`m just iffy on doing 5 day split because I want to schedule school classes on Tue and thur and keep those as cardio only

Right now I do a 3 day A/b split I was thinking about making a leg day involving Deadlift/legpress/ DB Squat/ Calf Raises and Ab workouts but I might just divide those into my existing 3 day routine I already do Deadlifts and legpress I might cut out some redundant stuff (ie. I do Incline Barbell bench press and Flat bench DB press, but my chest are a weak area)

I`m just iffy on doing 5 day split because I want to schedule school classes on Tue and thur and keep those as cardio only

Right now I do a 3 day A/b split I was thinking about making a leg day involving Deadlift/legpress/ DB Squat/ Calf Raises and Ab workouts but I might just divide those into my existing 3 day routine I already do Deadlifts and legpress I might cut out some redundant stuff (ie. I do Incline Barbell bench press and Flat bench DB press, but my chest are a weak area)

ahhh ok I gotchu. are you against the weekends? well how about this..

because legs are such a big body part, give them their own day.

so day 1 legs.

day 2
then chest and some abs
day 3
then back and some abs.

so you have your 3 days and you're at friday. so i mean saturday you can finish up the body bis and tris. sunday if you feel like it, you can round out those smaller pieces, shoulders, forearms, calves again, (if you decide to move leg day to wednesday). and this is assuming each workout is 1 hour.

i suppose you could split that hour into two bodyparts if you'd like. i do that sometimes. it's ok, not my preference tho.

ahhh ok I gotchu. are you against the weekends? well how about this..

because legs are such a big body part, give them their own day.

so day 1 legs.

day 2
then chest and some abs
day 3
then back and some abs.

so you have your 3 days and you're at friday. so i mean saturday you can finish up the body bis and tris. sunday if you feel like it, you can round out those smaller pieces, shoulders, forearms, calves again, (if you decide to move leg day to wednesday). and this is assuming each workout is 1 hour.

i suppose you could split that hour into two bodyparts if you'd like. i do that sometimes. it's ok, not my preference tho.

My gym has short hours on weekends so that's why I used them as off days where I just rest and that's usually when I try to get stuff done around the house/ errands.

Idk I'm usually in the gym for 2 hrs, I might do abs on my cardio only days, the reason I was gonna do leg press and DB squats 3 days a week because my routine is loosely based on starting strength. I'm gonna write down the exercises and post

What is your ideal setxrep? Been doing 5x10 for everything I do besides incline bench and standing military in which I do 5x5

pancakes are called panCAKES for a reason.

It is a desert. It is just as bad as muffins, doughnuts, and the rest of that French **** that people eat as breakfast food.

But just throwing what I ate today.

Breakfast
Turkey Bacon + 2 Eggs on whole wheat toast
Quick Oats w/Ground Ginger + CInnamon

Snack
Banana

Snack
Pear

Lunch
Chicken Breast + Mixed Veggibles

Snack
Pear