STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm back in it. Literally just took a day of leave from work yesterday I was so sore from my first two days back doing chest and then back. I took a epsom salt bath, :pimp:, and slept A LOT yesterday. Still pretty sore but ready to get it today. Just went through a break up so I'm lifting super hard and eating great.

I'm doing Jim Stoppani's 12-Week Shortcut to Size if anyone is familiar with that program.

Same . On week 4 and I'm already seeing progress

Having a set goal is cool but me personally once I reach it I like set an even higher one. 2 years ago I maxed out 395 on bench at 220lbs but that weight is gone now now I can consistently get 335x5 on a fresh day.

I'll reach the 400 club in due time.

I for one don't care if my bench ever gets past 225. All I want is 225x5 and I'll be happy. Same way I never isolate my biceps. I just don't care really. I want my squat and dl and back to be beastly. I will get my bench to 225 though.

Same. All I care that my DL and squat go up. Bench Press not so much. Don't understand the fascination with it.

I for one don't care if my bench ever gets past 225. All I want is 225x5 and I'll be happy. Same way I never isolate my biceps. I just don't care really. I want my squat and dl and back to be beastly. I will get my bench to 225 though.

Same. All I care that my DL and squat go up. Bench Press not so much. Don't understand the fascination with it.

Yeah I need to be able to carry heavy **** in real life. Not push it off me. :lol:

First leg day in about a month on Monday. My legs are so sore I literally couldn't do chest on Tues and back today
embarassed.gif

Any advice on knee pain and recovery?

Would a knee sleeve help? And what about ice sleeves? Are they any good? Any suggestions on brand?

Would a knee sleeve help? And what about ice sleeves? Are they any good? Any suggestions on brand?
The best advice would be to determine the cause of the knee pain via being examined by a doctor. Have you gone that route yet?

The best advice would be to determine the cause of the knee pain via being examined by a doctor. Have you gone that route yet?

Not yet. Just getting over an extended hooping day and ever since last night my knee has been extra sore when putting pressure on it going up/down stairs, bending during stretches, and bending down during jumping motions.

I'm def going to get it checked out. Was just unsure if its a common thing as you get older and just requires more attention and care, or if its unusual and requires a trip to the doctor like you said

Last edited:
Life Time Fitness extended their Friends & Family discounts through 2/29. I have 2 more codes. Message me if interested. Sign-up done online.

Wait what? How long does that price last?

I just activated my account and they are making me pay $80
And told me they would try to get it down to $60

How the hell are people paying $30

Boss bless me w some free lifting straps, chalk, and knee sleeves lol

Hey guys been a minute but have committed myself to going to the gym and starting light to ensure I get the movements down but finally hit bench correctly and could feel the difference during the workout and today.

Other good news im down 16 pounds since i started this diet a month ago. Feels good real good

New PR on sumo DL. 365lbs 
pimp.gif
. Trainer wanted to see how my form was after we determined sumo is best for me. He had me bring my upper body farther over the bar rather than back. Made a huge difference.

Haha i know i know i know.

I am soccer play by trade. I am 6 foot about 180 in the off season and 170 mid season. My arms are long...i suck at benching. My right shoulder is trash...pops in and out. And i honestly don't care about bench :lol: it is what it is

*patiently waits for Durden to give me the "that sounds do able"

but @justinvincent if i don't get at lest 3 reps on my week 5 number this week my squat max will go up 1lb. Thats if i hit two reps. Like i need to hit 3-4 reps to get my calculated max around 390-398. If i do that...week 6 im going for 405. But man it can get disheartening. Like if you don't complete a work out what do you do? I had to repeat week 3 before because i threw my back out during the max rep 10s and 10 reps at 3 thing. So i just kept it moving and when the week ended i started it over. I dread week 3 a lot :lol:

Youd know this better than i would so id kinda like to hear your thought process on this, but
How feasible do you think a 30 lb increase
In a squat is in a 5 week time span?

And in general, bench pressing is more complex than just having the ability to push something away from you but in terms of level of importance its certainly behind a squat,
Deadlift or hell, even a push up.

Haha I got some compression cuffs I can hook you up with, maybe some straps too I'll have to check. 
let me know brother.

i think I'm finally ready to go into powerlifting.

and i wanted to ask if anyone follows barbell brigade or justkiddingnews? 

being asian, I'm happy to find an outlet i can really relate too. (and no them asian 6 pack short cuts don't represent me)

finally, jazmine garcia? WOOD SMASH

you're not pushing the weight up, you're stabilizing your hands on the bar and pushing yourself through the floor [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom