STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Shredded chest today.

Starting my green shakes tomorrow.

Pinneapples, Spinach,1/2 a banana, grapes.

When you are bulking, how often do you workout abs? What type of exercises do you do? I would assume weighted ones, right?

Can't sleep so I might as well go out and get my workout in before work instead of having to go tonight. Chest and triceps are about to get mugged upon!!

I'm looking forward to it! Even though it was tough, I enjoyed it after I was finished with my sets. I felt a big sense of accomplishment
If it's bothering you consider buying a set of weightlifting gloves. You can find cheap ones on bodybuilding.com, just make sure to check the reviews.

I have tiny wrists, a little under 6 inches, so they're very helpful for me. Better grip, little to no pain in my hands when holding heavy barbells or dumbbells etc.

Whats some good lifts for your shoulders and traps? looking for suggestions

I dont think there is much better then overhead press/should press (whatever you want to call it) of your liking (bar-dumbell-machine) and shrugs. You can do combo lifts for them like cleans or clean and jerks but they are technical lifts.

But I found doing overhead dumbell press/ arnold press super-set with either light weight front raises or lateral resistance bands really gives me that burn the next day which i was missing just doing regular shoulder press. Shoulders are the hardest thing for me to work since i have seperated my right shoulder multiple times. I can't really go heavy on them. So i just try to get a ton of reps in.

Day 2 of the DTP workout. Chest and back today.

Felt like vomiting after I was done. EVERYTHING about this workout sucks. But in a good way. Not counting stretching, I was done in about 40 minutes. There is just as much of a mental aspect to this lift as there is a physical. You're going to push yourself to failure and there are a ton of reps.

*Thanks to the NT'er who said they were doing the DTP workout. Read up on it and decided to try it for the next month. I'm loving it so far. :pimp:

Whats some good lifts for your shoulders and traps? looking for suggestions

For the traps, u can do some shrugs or upright rows.

Last edited:
Man the worst part about deadlift is when it brushes the top of your knees when you go down. I be dreading deadlifts just cause of that. Am I not suppose to? I dont see anyone else having problems with  them, I know youre suppose to have the bar as close to your body as possible.

Man the worst part about deadlift is when it brushes the top of your knees when you go down. I be dreading deadlifts just cause of that. Am I not suppose to? I dont see anyone else having problems with  them, I know youre suppose to have the bar as close to your body as possible.
Bar should be in contact with your body throughout the lift. I've gotten cut by the bar a few times lol.

Wear long pants or long socks.  I wear long pants whenever I deadlift.

Tried a few DTP workouts months ago and they were definitely something serious.  If I find myself in limbo after I start my spring cut, I'll give it some consideration.

I have had bruises on top of both my knee caps for the past 2 months since working deadlifts into my routine on weekends :lol: One thing i learned....never use that shiny new bar with the great new grip. That will tear my pants/socks/legs up. I use the old worn bar that is smoother and just chalk the hands a bit.

DTP looks a lil od man. Just watches kris gethin workouts on YouTube doing dtp and my face was like the hell haha. 40 -30 - 20 - 10 reps...then back up the ladder to 40? Damn

It's nice to have my workout done before 6:30 am! Gym was empty and I was able to move around with ease. I may start doing this more often if I can manage to wake up.

Biceps sore as hell today 
pimp.gif

Might have to force myself to take a day off, just do some cardio at home, it's crazy how tough it is to make yourself rest.

It's nice to have my workout done before 6:30 am! Gym was empty and I was able to move around with ease. I may start doing this more often if I can manage to wake up.

That's what's up! I'm usually in around 4:45am. I gotta get it in while everyone is sleeping in my house. Got ZERO time in the afternoon/night.

DTP looks a lil od man. Just watches kris gethin workouts on YouTube doing dtp and my face was like the hell haha. 40 -30 - 20 - 10 reps...then back up the ladder to 40? Damn

It's taxing beyond belief, but I feel amazing. Toughest sets to get through are 6-10. Weight is decreasing, but you're going back up the ladder of reps. Just gotta tell yourself that you're gonna get through it. No lie, it's one of the most challenging workouts I've ever done...but I love it.

*Just curious...and I might be in the extreme minority here...but who here DOESN'T take any workout supplements? I've messed with creatine, protein, and an array of multivitamins over the years...but for the past 2 or so, I've really been focusing on the foods that I'm eating to supplement the supplements (went Xzibit on yall LOL) and haven't touched anything outta vitamin shoppe or GNC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom