STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Relaxing is not a good coaching cue, it's so important to stay tight :lol:

When the weight gets heavy, if you're not tight and bracing right, you're going to have a bad time :lol:

Totally agree, but the magics really that not everything stays tight.

Its almost as thought everything BUT the moving areas stay tight. The rest should be loose and free

Relaxing is not a good coaching cue, it's so important to stay tight :lol:

When the weight gets heavy, if you're not tight and bracing right, you're going to have a bad time :lol:

I know. After thinking it over, I said in an earlier post that relaxing might've been the wrong word.

Sure

Like in a squat, you want to your back rigid, core rigid, chest tight, all that stuff... Because thats what supports the weight on your shoulders/protects your lower back.

But you dont want your hips, quads, and hamstrings tight because thats whats moving. Youre stronger and more powerful when the muscles loose and has some freedom.

If your whole body is tight then youre gonna squat like the tinman. You run faster when you relax, and this applies to exercise too

Sure

Like in a squat, you want to your back rigid, core rigid, chest tight, all that stuff... Because thats what supports the weight on your shoulders/protects your lower back.

But you dont want your hips, quads, and hamstrings tight because thats whats moving. Youre stronger and more powerful when the muscles loose and has some freedom.

If your whole body is tight then youre gonna squat like the tinman. You run faster when you relax, and this applies to exercise too

True. Can't imagine trying to squat while keeping my legs tight :lol:

Same principle applies in baseball. People don't realize you generate more bat speed with your loose and relaxed, instead of being all tense :lol:

When it comes to squat my mobility just sucks unlike those crossfit dudes going *** to grass and whatnot.

Dont worry guys vid next week will be much better. Wish i had my own camera man like these youtube BB dudes do :lol:

Last edited:

Same principle applies in baseball. People don't realize you generate more bat speed with your loose and relaxed, instead of being all tense :lol:

Word guys be grippin the hell out the bat veins popping in the forearms and **** and wonder why they couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.

Sure

Bingo, same idea.

It applies to other movements too, like bench presses and pull ups.

Its a pretty fascinating concept actually. I forget where i heard it from, but theres the wuote that the best/fastest athletes are typically the ones who can relax the quickest.

Went to largo golds today. at night.. place is lit 
pimp.gif

Just did shrugs for the hell of it with my curl bar and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better doing it this way than using my barbell or dumbbells.

I'm black ,so there's that. :lol:

do yall feel a difference between metal plates and rubber? I feel like metal plates are lighter for some reason... or is that just me?

Last edited:
Please Amel, make my day and post a video or pic. I need to start making my "Amel Curse" apparel

^lmaoooooo.

Amel already ahead of you tho...
(Your vids) :lol:

Told yall bout golds gym Largo, very dope spot in the dmv area for sure. I wanna see how the golds gym is in alexandria, heard good stuff

Last edited:
i'll let you have a pick out of my pops
Pops for short term over long term come up....Typical get over...

Nawl, Standog2k, you ain't doing me like he did his daughter. 

I want that 20% off every sale, too. 
laugh.gif

Lol my pic is never getting out there. I'm just private like that.

*edit

Whoa. Who repped me?

Last edited:
I cant lol. Especially if i narrow my stance. I dunno why but wide feels more comfortable for me. Might just try and get as low as possible next leg day. **** it worst case i fail, got the safety rails to help me out.

Seen a dude fail repeatedly on the rack next to me squatting 315 for reps the other day. It was actually kinda inspiring. But I had to purposely time my sets before/after his because that **** was distracting :lol:

I see what you did therr^^^
And the goldsgym i was told about is off route 1.

I hate driving to VA with a passion tho...**** 12

Edit: nvm :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom