STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

im thinking of starting to go to the gym to actually lift and use the machines after my night classes

any info for a beginner?

never lifted before

im thinking of starting to go to the gym to actually lift and use the machines after my night classes

any info for a beginner?

never lifted before
Starting Strength program seems to be popular

the machines kinda suck, but i guess if you're just starting out its a good way to learn the motions.

focus on breathing during lifts as well.

Machines are good down the road once you are in the groove and got your compounds down. I use a few machines for accessory lifts, but still free weights should be majority of lift.

For people asking about fast food, places have a nutrition value/calculator on their website, hell MCD's has it on their menu now 
laugh.gif

Just do your research and plan accordingly if you think you may stop at one of those places. Best bet is to cook beforehand and pack it up with you.

Grilled chicken is always a good choice doe.

Last edited:
Are there any fast food items that aren't bad for you. My gym is an hour away from my house (school gym is free to students). After school plus a workout I can't always wait an hour before I can START making food. Especially since the effects of a workout are best if you eat and drink protein right after the workout

My friend says the Chicken sandwhiches at Mcdonalds minus the condiments are cool. I feel like Jimmy Johns with no mayonaise can be okay but IDK. What you guys think?
You can eat good at chipoltle. You could also bring your food with you. Honestly though - nutrient timing doesn't really matter that much as long as you're getting in your macros for the day. You could also have a shake post gym

just ate the sweet onion chicken from subway it was a footlong is that to much for dinner? planning on doing some crunches and leg ups after i digest dinner
Groce. Learn to cook.

post work out nutrient timing does matter though

You can eat good at chipoltle. You could also bring your food with you. Honestly though - nutrient timing doesn't really matter that much as long as you're getting in your macros for the day. You could also have a shake post gym
Groce. Learn to cook.
Good news. I love it there. And that would be the most caloric thing I could eat.

If you have a smartphone download My Fitness Pal. You can search the foods at most restaurants and see their nutritional facts.

You gotta loo to the amount of EPA/dha, its recommended 2-4g a day, the cheap brands usually have small amounts so to get correct dosing you have to take alot.

R
He won't get hurt from cardio bro, esp at that pace no offense Spam, those times will go down with practice trust me, keep up the good work :pimp:

Gonna take a day off today, so sore from the past 2 days and I need to get a chokehold on my nutrition.
right on y'all thanks. Yea I'm not really running at a fast pace usually a jog but pretty steady strong pace. I just started taking this x12 supplement pill from gnc before I run and I think it's working. I'm usually tired by the 4th mile but since taking the x12 I can push a lil further. By the end of the week I'm dead but today I went for 8 miles after 4 straight days of 5+ miles.

Sauna's not gonna do anything other than get rid of water weight. You're not burnin fat in the sauna.
Exactly. If that goofy dude came up to me and asked that, I'd laugh and play along not threaten to fight him. It seems pretty clear this guy's just trolling

nah, thats definitely not cool with me. i hate people that go around trolling random people in the street....them dudes need a beating.

Are there any fast food items that aren't bad for you. My gym is an hour away from my house (school gym is free to students). After school plus a workout I can't always wait an hour before I can START making food. Especially since the effects of a workout are best if you eat and drink protein right after the workout

My friend says the Chicken sandwhiches at Mcdonalds minus the condiments are cool. I feel like Jimmy Johns with no mayonaise can be okay but IDK. What you guys think?
Pack a protein shake and drink it on the way to a subway spot or if you do go to Mickey ds, get a grilled chicken snack wrap. One of two of those should hold you over til you get home.

post work out nutrient timing does matter though
To what extent though? I feel like the law of diminishing marginal returns applies here (and to a lot of other aspects of fitness and nutrition). That is to say that while timing your nutrition properly will have some positive effect in terms of gains, it's going to be pretty minimal compared to meeting other nutritional requirements i.e. total calories for a day, macros, etc....
Full disclosure, I'm not basing this on anything scientific, so if you have some real evidence, could you post it? I'm curious on this because I've been back and forth. Have there been any studies done quantifying the effects of delaying post work out food/protein intake that you could post?

yall reccomend some good fitness channels similar to Physiques of Greatness and Hodgetwins, Matt Ogus is kind of wack on the entertainment side

I'm shocked most folks in here dont mess with Dark Matter. Imo the best pro workout supp out on the market

Back
Top Bottom