STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Your racks have the safety rail joints on them? I've never had to bail but I put those up whenever I go heavy and don't have a spot

I like a spotter.....depends on the spotter obviously.....people make me nervous lol. Some struggle is good

Funny y'all talking about this because I had to bail today on squats. :lol:

Tried to hit 385 after 315x7, you can guess how that went.

ahat ahat hit that OHP for 175x2 last set. Tried a 3, couldnt.

Hit 305 squat too, tried 2, wasted too much energy adjusting my feet and then my feet were all the way slid forward in my kicks. Blah.

Two new PRS tho let's gooooooo

I see u fam :pimp:

Im gunning for 200 in a couple weeks. Confident i can hit 195 but i want 200/205. Tryna get that bodyweight some day

Soundview when u couldn't hit rep 2 on squats how did u bail? Or did u have a spotter

I feel like I don't push myself on squats cuz I won't put the plates on it if i don't know 1000% that weight is going up

I do my squats in the power rack so i set up the rails at a height i just drop a little lower if i cant get it and they just rest on the rails and i dip from under it. I never trusted a spotter for squats.

I like a spotter.....depends on the spotter obviously.....people make me nervous lol. Some struggle is good

Man a few weeks ago i hit 260 on bench, my 2nd set i asked a dude to spot me but i ended up not needing him. But i was gonna ask another guy before him cuz he was closer to me but as i got closer to him he turned around and dude didnt have a right hand

Im gunning for 200 in a couple weeks. Confident i can hit 195 but i want 200/205. Tryna get that bodyweight some day
I do my squats in the power rack so i set up the rails at a height i just drop a little lower if i cant get it and they just rest on the rails and i dip from under it. I never trusted a spotter for squats.

Word I didn't even think of that :lol:
Bout to go for a pr tomorrow then lol

Man a few weeks ago i hit 260 on bench, my 2nd set i asked a dude to spot me but i ended up not needing him. But i was gonna ask another guy before him cuz he was closer to me but as i got closer to him he turned around and dude didnt have a right hand

Oh damn. Am I going to hell because I laughed?

Hit 305 squat too, tried 2, wasted too much energy adjusting my feet and then my feet were all the way slid forward in my kicks. Blah.

Damn nice :pimp:. I'm still chasing body weight OHP I don't think I'm gonna come close any time soon :smh:
Thank you!!! Yeah im 10lbz past BW assuming I hit 175 for 2. I havent did OHP power sets in years (always hypertrophy). So it's cool being able to hit BW +5 for 2 after all this time.

What's your BW? If you're like 230 then yeah it'll take some time lmao

Soundview when u couldn't hit rep 2 on squats how did u bail? Or did u have a spotter

I feel like I don't push myself on squats cuz I won't put the plates on it if i don't know 1000% that weight is going up
I didn't attempt it. I knew I wouldn't hit it.

I'm so used to training by myself for so many years that I know my body and it's limit's. So I can tell when I can have another rep or not. Only one I'll still attempt is a deadlift.

I honestly haven't failed a rep in years from just knowing my body and capability. And if ill have to cheat to get another rep, I rack it. Id rather hit none than cheat and hit 1.

You just gotta know your body, bro.

F a spotter. BUT if I fail a squat I just throw it behind and bail out.

Wait I did fail a 290x2 bench about a month or so ago. I knew I wanted to go for 2 instead of 1 so I didn't clip the weights. Just threw each side of weights off.

what's your OHP 1rm?

Spotter makes me nervous..

I rather bailing out. Jumping forward and letting go of the bar.
I don't like spotters because they help you on reps you could've gotten by yourself had they waited that extra second. Then I'm pissed cause I'm not counting a rep you put your hands on, even if you really didn't help. Lol I gotta do it myself to really know.

he can be your friend, but he could never be your right hand man [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Last edited:
Thank you!!! Yeah im 10lbz past BW assuming I hit 175 for 2. I havent did OHP power sets in years (always hypertrophy). So it's cool being able to hit BW +5 for 2 after all this time.

Man I'm only 185 :smh: my 1rm is 165 so I've got a way to go.

he can be your friend, but he cold never be your right hand man.

:rofl: :rofl:

soundview soundview chilll bout 230 :lol: im 215ish. My 1rm for ohp is 185, that was like 3wks ago. I feel like i can def hit that twice now
How long you been doing OHP? I need 225 natty status baby.

U going to hell mane :smh:

See u there :pimp:
it was a test. To see how messed up some of yall are. I see the truth now.

You going to hell with a full ride scholarship.

Man I'm only 185 :smh: my 1rm is 165 so I've got a way to go.

:rofl: :rofl:
Well...to find the positive in the negative at least you squatting 3 plate+!

....But once I get to 315 I will tell you you ain't ish

I dunno i wanna say like 5months or so. Word 225 will be nice, ima get there one day. When i first started doing it my left shoulder would bother me (dislocated it bout 10yrs ago). I think upright rows were aggravating it i havent done those for a while and started doing face pulls and resistance band work, my shoulder feels bless.

When you're saying ohp are we talking the seated station or standing military presses?

Standing. I started doing it seated then switched to standing after a couple of months

I dunno i wanna say like 5months or so. Word 225 will be nice, ima get there one day. When i first started doing it my left shoulder would bother me (dislocated it bout 10yrs ago). I think upright rows were aggravating it i havent done those for a while and started doing face pulls and resistance band work, my shoulder feels bless.

When you're saying ohp are we talking the seated station or standing military presses?

Standing. I started doing it seated then switched to standing after a couple of months
I have this weird thing where my left wrist bends back. If you saw my videos of my benching you'll see it. It feels unnatural when I straighten it. Some subscriber pointed it out to me. I have no idea how long I've been doing this and never realized it. But cornbread said if it feels natural just go with it. So f it.

Last edited:
Word if u never noticed it til someone pointed it out and it doesnt hurt or bother u i wouldnt really worry about it

Word if u never noticed it til someone pointed it out and it doesnt hurt or bother u i wouldnt really worry about it
same no more. When you got two opinions on NT who needs a doctor's opinion

FEEL me.

And next time you in the gym and dude there say "whoever want $100 raise two hands"

:rofl:

Didn't expect that at all :rofl:

Edit: I just caught up in here. Yea ill meet u in hell

Repped just copped

I have too much protein now..
I have like half a tub of orange dymatize which is pretty good and I just got 2 tubs of cookies and cream MP which is alright. It's gonna be hard to finish 10 lbs of that :lol: I was expecting "cookies and cream" like an Oreo but it's chocolate chip "cookies and cream" :stoneface:

I copped two days ago and still no shipping... Said it would ship same day too :smh:

In the past, I've generally gone for ON's Extreme Milk Chocolate but went Double Rich this time after reading reviews and working out the price

Mine shipped a few hours after I ordered :nerd:

Last edited:
Form check fellas.

Deadlift. 5 @ 300lbs. Sorry if it's pretty far

Front squat. 3 @ 250lbs.

Back
Top Bottom