STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm intrigued by these Fatgripz 
nerd.gif

What do y'all use fatgripz with? Bench and what else?

just straight barbells or curl movements

never used them benching....that would dramatically decrease how much you are lifting.

its already hard enough to use them with light weights

Last edited:
Did shoulders and legs today.

Squat
135x10 x2
225x5
275x5
315x5
325x3 x2

275x5
225x10
135x15

Did buncha leg accessories (good mornibgs, leg press, calf raise etc) and shoulder stuff. Didnt do ohp today.

Wondering if yall could help me out with a form check. Feel like my forms gettibg better and im getting some more depth buf still could use some work. Advice is appreciated as always.

Today was the first day me and the 2 guys I DL with started training with this trainer I've been telling yall about.

Started with some warming up, stretching

Floor presses with the barbell at 135lbs. Never done these before.. Bruhh 
sick.gif
. What a challenge. 4x10 with some dynamic stretching in between

Then stiff legged DL with DBs followed by Lat pulldowns x10 for 4 rounds

Finished with single legged squats with some other thing i forget for 4 rounds.

Looks pretty good bro but try to engage your hips first before your knees start moving. Is the depth issue a mobility thing?

Looks pretty good bro but try to engage your hips first before your knees start moving. Is the depth issue a mobility thing?

Word word i notice that now that u mention it. Ya, i swear i cant get myself to get any deeper than that. I even recorded my self on prior occasions with less weight and its still the same depth...like just above parallel. I dunno, i know my ankle mobility is trash but maybe my hips are too? :lol:

Brutal leg day. Me and another dude I never saw before did six sets each of farmer walks with 130 in each hand. No rest, walk it then pass it until you can't anymore. That was fun.

Before that I hit front squats and good mornings.

4x5 @175
3@225

3x8 goodmornkng.

Did shoulders and legs today.

Squat
135x10 x2
225x5
275x5
315x5
325x3 x2

275x5
225x10
135x15

Did buncha leg accessories (good mornibgs, leg press, calf raise etc) and shoulder stuff. Didnt do ohp today.

Wondering if yall could help me out with a form check. Feel like my forms gettibg better and im getting some more depth buf still could use some work. Advice is appreciated as always.

Move them damn plates son!

Work on opening your hips and pushing your knees out as you go down, sit back more as well. You do a good job of staying upright just need to work on the little things now.

Buy you some heeled shoes if you need to, I know most people say just work on your mobility but **** it.

Move them damn plates son!

Work on opening your hips and pushing your knees out as you go down, sit back more as well. You do a good job of staying upright just need to work on the little things now.

Buy you some heeled shoes if you need to, I know most people say just work on your mobility but **** it.

Ima keep that in mind, thanks. I was actually thinking about squat shoes today. I dunno if part of it is a mental thing using the plates under my heels. I know its probably been asked a grip of times in here but hows sizing on those? I wear 11/11.5, not sure which i should go with. Gonna look for the romaleo 2s on sale or those adidas joints. Hopefully they cheaper now that the 3s dropped

Road to recovery Day 6:
Took a walk outside today. Was very slow. 20 mins. Found a pull up bar was able to hang do a few reps. Walked back home. Iced. Did more rep work push ups. Dumbbell pulls laying half off my bed. Bicep curls again shoulder laterals.
In the hot shower with water pressure. Was able to finally bend my torso forward very slowly. Almost got to a 90 degree bend. (110 probably).
Icing again then work. Only had one set of pain pills left yesterday. So waited for bed to use it. Now I'm out. So regular ibuprofen and back patch is all I have now but only had 1 so far.

I feel it y'all. Hopefully after I see this chiropractor next week also. The X-ray the dr showed me also showed how I had a slight bend to the left with my posture. Which is probably why I'm able to crack my back a lot. I should've been went to the chiropractor.

#AhatStrong!
#fAmelcurse
#soundviewsInMyfuture

Think ima cop the adipower joints. Adidas.ca has em for 200CAD with free shipping and i used my homegirls university email for a 30% off code so it drops it to 140CAD (106USD) with free ship. Just dunno if i should get 11 or 11.5. Any input?

NT fam need some help.

Anybody else can't get their fkin calves going?? This is so frustrating can someone recommend a routine/workouts to better my calves. Please. 

NT fam need some help.

Anybody else can't get their fkin calves going?? This is so frustrating can someone recommend a routine/workouts to better my calves. Please. 

People will probably say calf raises or whatever but they are really mostly genetic.

Either you have them or you don't.

Of course, if you hop on juice they will grow but even still.

Just continue to train legs hard as you can and eat as much as possible as with any other muscle.

hurt my lower back 2 weeks ago just being a dumbass and ego lifting.

that Wednesday I did a heavy squat and deadlift day.

Friday I came in and did volume squats but I saw my boys deadlifting so I jumped in for a bit.

Came in the next morning thinking I could DL again.
Form was finally coming along and I was just juiced to practice. Hit all my warm ups and I could feel the fatigue on my back, weight wasn't moving, hips and glutes weren't firing. Got pissed at myself cause I didn't want to ***** out so I went for it anyway.

First set was a grinder, second set felt even worse. Third set and I felt my back just die and I couldn't break the floor.

Video cause I'm that dude who records his sets. Didn't watch it till tonight and it's not ugly but at that moment it felt horrible.

Been stretching a lot lately and just going lightweight till the pain goes away. I could barely sit at my desk at work last week, **** was so uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Think ima cop the adipower joints. Adidas.ca has em for 200CAD with free shipping and i used my homegirls university email for a 30% off code so it drops it to 140CAD (106USD) with free ship. Just dunno if i should get 11 or 11.5. Any input?

I dont have the addidas but i do have the rom. 2s and i sized down. Im like you, sz 11-11.5(depending onthe shoe) and i was shocked when a sz 10 fit me well with the roms'

I think ive seen the addidas joint cheaper too..maybe someone here has more info on em or just keep looking around for a steal

Damn that's a steal. Can't comment on sizing for the adipowers though hopefully somebody else can chime in. I do know TTS worked for me for my romaleo 2s and I have semi narrow feet

love checking in here on progress good looks NTFitFam

Hit 345lb squat for 2 last legs day
Got another heavy session (heavy for me :lol:) saturday. I will try to record it if i can my max squat is 365 which i did hit for 2 before but never tried for more. Going for 365 for 1 saturday. Body weight fluttering around 180-183 after putting weight back on post soccer season when i was 174.

Soccer starts again in the spring. But my goal is still 405 squat and 495 DL before i turn 30 years old in august.

does adidas.ca always offer 30% with a uni email? 

does adidas.ca always offer 30% with a uni email? 

I think so. I was searching for promo codes cuz i wasnt willing to pay 200 and all the shoes from US sites came out over 200 after shipping and conversion. I just put her name, school email and school name and they sent her a code and she gave it to me. Think theres a tab under promotions or you can just google it. Also if you make an account you can get free express shipping and if you sign up for their newsletter theyll send you a 15% off code (adipowers are excluded from it tho)

I dont have the addidas but i do have the rom. 2s and i sized down. Im like you, sz 11-11.5(depending onthe shoe) and i was shocked when a sz 10 fit me well with the roms'

I think ive seen the addidas joint cheaper too..maybe someone here has more info on em or just keep looking around for a steal

Damn that's a steal. Can't comment on sizing for the adipowers though hopefully somebody else can chime in. I do know TTS worked for me for my romaleo 2s and I have semi narrow feet

Thanks for the input fellas. Ended up ordering the 11.5. They have free returns tho so if they dont fit ill just send em back.

Working out at an anytime fitness out in the sticks today.... On the mirror they wrote 4 members of the 1k club and their 1rm's. I guess ima hater but I'm doubting the 405+ squats are legit :lol:. I just don't see too many cats squatting 4 wheels

Back
Top Bottom