STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Ive been starting with flat then after im done my working sets do close grip then do incline. Only problem is we dont have an actual incline bench so i gotta do it in the power rack. Not always the best cuz sometimes the racks in use. I end up doing accessories work before incline and i be gassed af last set :lol:

I hate that. When you've got a steady routine then have to mix it up because your next machine is in use or the weights you need are being used. :smh: Today three of the machines I needed were being used at the same time

My boy is doing some time so I've been writing him. In 9 months he went from never touching a weight, weighing like 150-60 to putting on several lbs, a 275 bench, and deadlifting 315x3x5. I'm gonna be tight if that mfer comes out stronger than me :lol:

My boy is doing some time so I've been writing him. In 9 months he went from never touching a weight, weighing like 150-60 to putting on several lbs, a 275 bench, and deadlifting 315x3x5. I'm gonna be tight if that mfer comes out stronger than me :lol:

Motivation :pimp:. Hope wherever i end up (if i do) has weights.

I only bench incline @ahat I feel like it made my chest more burly. I don't bench for numbers though like you.

#inclineonlygang

damn I thought I was one of the very few who hit incline online for chest. one thing I might add is, I always hit incline dumbbells. I feel like it'll give you that FROM along with more control of your strength.

I remember hitting strictly incline workouts in my routine for about 3 months then one day I hit flat barbell bench out of curiosity and put up 225x4. before that I could never even hit 185 :x . overall my absolute weakest point is upper body/chest. I could probably out lift all of my friends when it comes to squats/DL :lol:

bro, use this as motivation. when home boy gets out, yall gonna be hittin the weights together and you dont have to worry about keeping up.

Yup I don't even bother with barbells. Straight incline db and try a flat pr like once a every 6 months. My chest is weak too compared to every other lift.

Dl 425 bench 225 :lol:

Last edited:
I do both barbell and dbs both flat and incline. Never really did decline much. I remember doing it here and there in highschool and never really liking it.

I will say tho... Incline is the real deal holyfield.

Last edited:
Road to recovery Day 13:
I'm at the spinal clinic. Turns out I have a herniated disk in my 5:6 lumbar that's compressing my nerve. They're about to inject me with nerv block and something else then hopefully I'll be as good as new soon. I wanna start lifting again it's been crazy depressing not being able to lift. I'm staying away from deadlifts for a long time
He told me not to do real lifting for another 2 weeks or so. I may have to stick with these high rep bs work outs. It's killing me guys. I'm legit losing morale.
My food days are either complete crap one day or not enough the other day.

Anyone with experience with this wanna shed a ray of hope for me? I'm losing my mind

Stuff like that is what scares me about lifting. Developing back and knee problems is what I wanna avoid since I've started lifting myself.

Road to recovery Day 13:
I'm at the spinal clinic. Turns out I have a herniated disk in my 5:6 lumbar that's compressing my nerve. They're about to inject me with nerv block and something else then hopefully I'll be as good as new soon. I wanna start lifting again it's been crazy depressing not being able to lift. I'm staying away from deadlifts for a long time
He told me not to do real lifting for another 2 weeks or so. I may have to stick with these high rep bs work outs. It's killing me guys. I'm legit losing morale.

Anyone with experience with this wanna shed a ray of hope for me? I'm losing my mind
i'd stop deadlifting if I were you tbh.

I only bench incline ahat I feel like it made my chest more burly. I don't bench for numbers though like you.
#inclineonlygang
man i been trying to tell people who are new to lifting this... that upper chest is the hardest to grow.

but im not gonna lie.. been skipping incline bench for the past 3 months... im hungry to rep that 225 on flat lol

Another strong case for locked up cats. Looks like locked up cats and milk drinkers gonna take the cake

Road to recovery Day 13:

Try to stay positive man. Get a meal plan down and try to stick to it. I've had to revamp my ways. Tweaked myself and haven't been right for a bit. Had a massage the other day and my back hurt so bad I could barely walk after it and the next day. Its back to feeling better, but I don't want to do stupid stuff to get back to that. It sucks.....I used to love doing the squat, bench and deadlift. Now I usually hurt after and it takes days to recover. Everyone tells me to stop....on one habd, do what you love, on the other, I enjoy walking comfortably lol

Stuff like that is what scares me about lifting. Developing back and knee problems is what I wanna avoid since I've started lifting myself.

I know....I watch life powerlifting fails on YouTube and it all looks scary and painful

Road to recovery Day 13:

Keep ur head up bro. U be good soon time and back at it. Gotta think positive, i know u in pain/discomfort but it coulda been a lot worse. Keep doin ur high rep stuff and whatever else u can to stay focus and active.

Another strong case for locked up cats. Looks like locked up cats and milk drinkers gonna take the cake

:rofl: u stupid man

But srsly imagine if Kobe had done time...

:nerd:

Last edited:
Road to recovery Day 13:

I herniated L5/S1 deadlifting 5 years ago when I was 24. Mine never healed because I kept lifting for months after I did it. I cannot encourage you enough to stop lifting for awhile. Seriously. Your high rep workouts are probably making it worse, I know it may not seem like it, but you're most likely causing just as much harm as you feel good. Had I stopped lifting and not pushed it for months I probably wouldn't have had to have surgery. Surgery put me out for several months and then I had to start from scratch. It was successful; when I woke up I felt instant relief. I personally didn't let them give me a single shot. After everything I read and talking to the PT it was just a band aid for me because the herniation was bad. It is possible for it to heal (arguable, to an extent; discs don't have blood flow or the ability to "regrow" from what I recall) but you have to rest for that to happen.

Last edited:
For how long man. And the high rep stuff is just like. Bicep curls. Some dumbbell laterals. A few push ups. With less than 15 lb dumbells

What are some PT exercises :nerd:

Last edited:
I would give it at least a few weeks. If you're getting shots that will help with the inflammation. That is consequently going to make you feel better, though. I know it sucks, you have to think long term though, it's just going to prolong your recovery and compromise your ability to heal. I understand it's only a few lbs, the problem isn't that your bis or shoulders can't handle it, rather every lift creates internal pressure, and that is going to continue to irritate the disc and nerve. If you insist on exercising I would concentrate on stretching, slow speed on the recumbent bike.. I'll try to get together a few stretches that have helped me when I get home. I'm no PT, obviously, this is just from my experience that lasted almost 2 years from injury to back in the gym.

Last edited:
Just chill for a while man. You aren't gonna turn into a pile of lard. You'll be winded your first week back and then snap right back into it.

Dl

2" defecit

2x5 225
3x5 315

Then 405 for one just because.

Deadlifting and squatting twice a week has been good for me once I got used to it.

OVT leg Day
5 sets super sets:
5x225 squats + 5x50lbs dumbell lunges
5x1 leg back extentions + 5xleg curls
5x225 sumo dl + 5x135 Romanian deadlifts.
Finished with ab routine. Felt great until I got to my locker, saw my lock was cut lying on the floor, and my wallet missing....

I just hired a PHysical therapist. Meeting at the gym tomm. These korean pills got me on cloud 9 right now.

What a disappointing day. Just wasnt feeling it but squatted anyways. Got stuck on my 3rd rep on 315 :frown: :lol:. Cant wait for these shoes to come in, im starting to feel less and less confident each time using these plates. Dropped the weight back down to 275 and went from there.

Went to the doctor before and got weighed....man im up to 232 :x. Weird cuz i still fit 36 waist jeans. She said its probably cuz i havent taken my meds for the past 3wks or so. My metabolism all the way ****** up. Just when i thought i was close to that BW OHP lol...****

Back/Shoulders today.

DL

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x3
495x2

Here's where things get interesting

545x1(beltless)

I was so focused on trying to hit 6 plates that I forgot to put my belt back on. :smh: :lol:

Was excited to hit it but it took more out of me than it usually would.

Failed 6 plates/585 at the lockout around my thighs.

Disappointing but I know if I was just more aware and diligent to my programming I would've hit it.

Did some back down sets after that.

DB shoulders

65x5
75x8
80x10
80x8x2
75x10

Weighted Dips

90x6
45x12
45x8

Lat Pulldown

200x12x2
180x14x2

Finished with a circuit of shoulder accessory work, BB rows with 185 and arm work.

Going to take some days off going heavy on DL and focus on some squat volume doing back accessory work.

Smashing 30 smoked BBQ wings tonight. :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom