STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm in if al are down. Also if anyone here has an apple watch and wants to share activity hmu.

Been rocking one for two weeks and I've yet to miss my caloric goal bc my friends and I roast each other as motivation lmao 

Is intermittent fasting efficient if done for 14 hours or do you have to do 16 hours?

Also, I workout in the evening at about 6pm so I want to have my 8 hour window between 12-8. Thoughts?

Is intermittent fasting efficient if done for 14 hours or do you have to do 16 hours?

Also, I workout in the evening at about 6pm so I want to have my 8 hour window between 12-8. Thoughts?

You can deplete your glycogen stores in an 8 hour sleep session. Then technically the fasting state starts at 18 hours with no food. Any activity will help you reach a fasted state faster.

Sooooo generally I would say, if you're looking to do some sort of fasted cardio or whatever, anything after 12 hours of no food will give you the opportunity you're looking for

I should consider this myself. I'm usually starving by like 8 am and feel great if I eat at 4 or so...I wonder if an 8-4 works good. The only time I eat after about 4 pm is I think I need more protein intake

I like beer, so Fridays and Saturdays are difficult LOL

Last edited:
The worst part for me is that I know exactly what to eat to get the results I want, but as a 200+ pounder I do not want to do all that eating and planning and spending.

Also I'll be honest; vegan bodybuilding is very much not ideal. I'm thinking of going pescatarian for 6-9 months for bulking and then going back to being vegan for a cut

I've gone vegetarian for 2 months and I was able to lose about 10-12 lbs but man I didn't realize how many carbs I was having and lack of protein. I'm trying to start working in some protein shakes to get more protein but if I still feel like it isn't enough, I'm going to try pescatarian also.

I've ate meat my entire life but not eating it for 2 months has made me feel a lot better in general, just struggling with my protein intake.

I feel like everyone is different. I def eat protein but I don't think I need as much as people say you do. I never stress about eating enough protein and have been fine.

I've gone vegetarian for 2 months and I was able to lose about 10-12 lbs but man I didn't realize how many carbs I was having and lack of protein. I'm trying to start working in some protein shakes to get more protein but if I still feel like it isn't enough, I'm going to try pescatarian also.

I've ate meat my entire life but not eating it for 2 months has made me feel a lot better in general, just struggling with my protein intake.

Eggs and whole fat milk/yogurt were clutch for me as a vegetarian

that would make you a lacto ovo vegetarian. I wonder if bballplaya was going full vegan or like you just not eating meat

Thought I was going to take a day off but then I wasn't sore anymore so you know that changed. :lol:

Squats/Chest Volume Day

Squat

Barx10
135x10 (paused)
225x8 (paused)
315x8
335x8
335x6
315x8
315x6
315x6

Once again the most volume I've done on squats weight wise.

Felt powerful and will attempt to hit 385 for as many reps as I can in a few days

Incline DB bench

75x5
100x10
100x8
100x8
100x8
100x6
90x10
90x8

Lat Pulldown superset with Hammer Strength incline Bro bench

200x12x3
180x12x2

3 plates per side x10x3

Incline DB fly

50x12x5

Finished with more accessory work and dips.

Great day today in the gym after feeling pretty beat up my last two workouts.

Going to make sure I eat a lot and recover to get ready for DL volume work.

Last edited:
Its mardi gras down here....just got my 3 miles in the hotel gym.....

Jusy trying to maintain with all this food down here

Last edited:
awwsome awwsome :pimp: #volumegang

Week 2 DL done. Circuits stay whoopin my ***.

DL
225x5
315x5
390x2

Speed DL
315x3x8

3 circuits
Stiff leg DL- 225x8
Bent over rows- 205x8
Reverse grip lat pulldown- 270x8
Good mornings- 95x8

Biceps and cardio. Bicep workout was more boring than usual today. Gonna chalk it up to being toast from the circuits.

Squats today. I focused on implementing the valsalva maneuver more this time around and it made a huge difference.

Today vs last time (excluding warm ups)

255x5 vs 255x3

255x5 vs 255x4

255x5 vs 255x5

255x4 vs 255x3

Would have been 5 reps on the last set, but I chickened out before I could hit the bottom. Was NOT feeling confident on that one 
laugh.gif

Nothing more satisfying than watching the numbers go up. Makes the grind worth it.

Last edited:
Anyone wanna start their cut with me Monday! I need a group for motivation and accountability!
I'm already on an involuntary cut, but yea man what kind of deets we looking at... I wont be 100% again for awhile so I def watch my carb intake, hard in asia though considering i just had a cup of rice, noodles and dumplings all in one sitting

I would love to but I'm just eating well balanced right now, mainly working on strength. Prob 2 months out from attempting a cut. I'll post motivational workouts for you tho haha!
Anybody ever do drag curls? One of my instructors put me onto them. KILLS the long head of the bicep.

ive actually done these on the smith machine. which i think is a bit better to do them on. try it out.

What is gear always see mentioning it in posts and talking bout it? Couldn't find any reviews on it.

Just had a 22 oz rib eye in Vegas with mashed potatoes and dessert. Dear god. Monday. hahahaha
Geezus grown man status right there, don't think i could eat that steak much in one sitting.... and there goes my man card
laugh.gif

I don't think getting that steak down is gonna be the worst part. RIP when it's time to get them demons up outta you b

Back
Top Bottom