STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I WANTED TO POST THIS A WHILE BACK.

YOU GUYS WILL GET FULL TRANSFORMATION PHOTOS IN THE COMING MONTHS.

PIZZA LOOKS BOMB.

HAD MUSCLE MAKER GRILL AS MY CHEAT TODAY.

AND IDK WHY BUT THE CUPCAKES MADE ME CRACK UP.

BUT I KNOW DA FEEL, I WAS FIENDIN ICE CREAM D OTHER DAY

All I've ate today was Chili and I feel great. Staying away from sweets and junk food.

to my super swolled up famb of NT...

what does lifting do to you psychologically...

i mean... i know its gets you diesel and what not... but that cant be the only reason...

i've never been a big weight lifter. i played ball in college, and even then, never went hard in the weight room...
y, y
so this whole thing is new to me.
For me, it boils down to 3 things: athletic function, self-improvement, and aesthetics. I've noticed significant improvements to my athleticism in terms of strength, speed, and mobility from lifting. Honestly, your college coaches were doing you a disservice by not forcing you into the gym.
As for self-improvement, lifting weights is one of the best ways I know of improving myself, in a way that strongly manifests itself and that is fun. Sure reading and other pursuits related to brain function improvement are great, but they are less easily measurable and less apparently at least initially. Sure it may be kind of vain, but knowing that you are larger than the average individual you see is a great confidence boost. Also, aesthetics works in terms of attracting "yambs" to borrow your preferred term.
My best advice to you is to remember that everyone starts somewhere. Do you think the swolest guy in your gym was always 210 and squatting 450? Nope, he was at one point at the same level as you. You won't get anything done comparing yourself to others. Perhaps, you should change your mindset and ignore "yambs" at the gym but rather focus on improving yourself. Gym yambs will come later. I'm not part of the school of thought that picking up women at the gym is wrong or should be avoided, but I do believe that you need to have reached a certain level of fitness and aesthetics for you to be successful.

I also stay away from empty calories but you guys stop drinking alcohol? That's the only thing I'll make an exception for. Adjust for calories during the day and avoid the munchies while drunk and it's normally okay for me. It does slow progress down though. You guys go ham like that though? You're MUCH stronger than I am.

SOLEKING - word of advice, I know it's not easy but you have to avoid cheat DAYS. If you must cheat, make it one meal and then go right back to your diet. When you start going days at a time, you ruin all your progress ESPECIALLY if you just started 2 weeks ago. A week of hard work/dieting should result in only one cheat meal. Taking days off gets you no where.
I'd say alcohol has been one of the largest detrimental factors to my training thus far (especially in college.) It's not that I drink too often or all that too much either, but alcohol does have effects beyond the simply the caloric intake. For me, I don't worry really about the calories in the alcohol I drink and I've mastered not eating grimey stuff when drinking (to some extent), what really hurts my training is the lack of sleep and sluggish feelings the next day that result from when I drink.

This bulking phase bruh :x. I'm eating at 2.7k now, and I still lost weight today. I definitely feel like I gained some muscle, but I may bump my calories up to 2.9k.

At the same time, the scale becomes damn near futile at this stage. The mirror becomes more important.
Yo, you're probably not eating enough honestly. 2.7k doesn't seem like a big enough number for bulking. How much do you weight? What's your activity level?

PIZZA LOOKS BOMB.

HAD MUSCLE MAKER GRILL AS MY CHEAT TODAY.

AND IDK WHY BUT THE CUPCAKES MADE ME CRACK UP.

BUT I KNOW DA FEEL, I WAS FIENDIN ICE CREAM D OTHER DAY
roll.gif

The wife and her friend wanted something sweet.  Not gonna front though, I ripped apart that salted caramel.  It was AMAZING!

to my super swolled up famb of NT...

what does lifting do to you psychologically...

i mean... i know its gets you diesel and what not... but that cant be the only reason...

i've never been a big weight lifter. i played ball in college, and even then, never went hard in the weight room...
y, y
so this whole thing is new to me.
For me, it boils down to 3 things: athletic function, self-improvement, and aesthetics. I've noticed significant improvements to my athleticism in terms of strength, speed, and mobility from lifting. Honestly, your college coaches were doing you a disservice by not forcing you into the gym.
As for self-improvement, lifting weights is one of the best ways I know of improving myself, in a way that strongly manifests itself and that is fun. Sure reading and other pursuits related to brain function improvement are great, but they are less easily measurable and less apparently at least initially. Sure it may be kind of vain, but knowing that you are larger than the average individual you see is a great confidence boost. Also, aesthetics works in terms of attracting "yambs" to borrow your preferred term.
My best advice to you is to remember that everyone starts somewhere. Do you think the swolest guy in your gym was always 210 and squatting 450? Nope, he was at one point at the same level as you. You won't get anything done comparing yourself to others. Perhaps, you should change your mindset and ignore "yambs" at the gym but rather focus on improving yourself. Gym yambs will come later. I'm not part of the school of thought that picking up women at the gym is wrong or should be avoided, but I do believe that you need to have reached a certain level of fitness and aesthetics for you to be successful.

I also stay away from empty calories but you guys stop drinking alcohol? That's the only thing I'll make an exception for. Adjust for calories during the day and avoid the munchies while drunk and it's normally okay for me. It does slow progress down though. You guys go ham like that though? You're MUCH stronger than I am.

SOLEKING - word of advice, I know it's not easy but you have to avoid cheat DAYS. If you must cheat, make it one meal and then go right back to your diet. When you start going days at a time, you ruin all your progress ESPECIALLY if you just started 2 weeks ago. A week of hard work/dieting should result in only one cheat meal. Taking days off gets you no where.
I'd say alcohol has been one of the largest detrimental factors to my training thus far (especially in college.) It's not that I drink too often or all that too much either, but alcohol does have effects beyond the simply the caloric intake. For me, I don't worry really about the calories in the alcohol I drink and I've mastered not eating grimey stuff when drinking (to some extent), what really hurts my training is the lack of sleep and sluggish feelings the next day that result from when I drink.

This bulking phase bruh :x. I'm eating at 2.7k now, and I still lost weight today. I definitely feel like I gained some muscle, but I may bump my calories up to 2.9k.

At the same time, the scale becomes damn near futile at this stage. The mirror becomes more important.
Yo, you're probably not eating enough honestly. 2.7k doesn't seem like a big enough number for bulking. How much do you weight? What's your activity level?

Desk job, gym three times a week. I'm trying to do a slow, lean bulk rather than bulking, and cutting again.

Cheated today,I don't even care. Ate some cookies,but stayed away from alcohol.

Just completed a 30 day juice detox. Went from 265 to 230. Taking the Super Bowl off and going to do another 30 days afterward.

1st pic is on Christmas. 1st small pic is the same Cardigan today and the next two are things I couldn't zip up at the beginning. Feels good man...

This is amazing, what kind of juice fast did you do?

Just completed a 30 day juice detox. Went from 265 to 230. Taking the Super Bowl off and going to do another 30 days afterward.

1st pic is on Christmas. 1st small pic is the same Cardigan today and the next two are things I couldn't zip up at the beginning. Feels good man...

Not too sure how good this is for you in the long run, you'll lose it fast for now, but once you start eating normally again, you'll gain it back quickly. I tried the crash dieting, etc and it works fast numbers wise, but it'll set you back in the long run. For now, I'm aiming at 2-3 lbs lost per week at most and that's already an extreme. I'm trying not to focus so much on my weight but progress by pictures and measurements instead.

Bad day in regards to the diet, but I anticipated it and was on the treadmill earlier today before the game for about 80 mins (light cardio 4.0 speed 5.0 incline) so hopefully that may off set it a bit. Gonna wake up at 6 to get in chest/tris tomorrow and start another week of IF, but this time, it'll be strict. It's getting better NT'ers, we got this, no more Sunday excuses.

BTW any thoughts Beta-Alanine (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pl/betaalanine.html) and a CLA (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mrm/cla.html)? As of now, I'm just taking Dymatize Iso-100 Whey and the EC stack as well as Fish Oil. Any thoughts on if I should add the Beta-Alanine or the CLA's?

Thanks

^ Great job buddy! You killed it. Keep up the great work.

Starting phase one of my cut tomorrow. 10 wks out. My discipline is monk-like.

Starting my final cut tomorrow.
I've gone from a 44 waist to a 32 in just about 2 years.
Wish me luck just got done bulking and actually kinda excited about this cut

Before and after pics? Info on what you did? How different do you feel now? 44 to 32 isn't THAT crazy but it's definitely a huge difference - love hearing stories like this.

So bloated. Good night

felt the same thing yesterday. Went to a Chinese Buffet for a family reunion thing. Was at 171 woke up at 176-178 lol. Dat dere sodium and water weight gain

Starting real cut tomorrow. Goal to 140lbs hopefully by end of May for my birthday gift to myself.

Last edited:
honestly, I go to the gym for the compliments and looks I get.

being a fattie gets you NO yambs
Wrong. Having NO GAME gets you NO yambs.
Looking good is a plus.

if you haven't been fat, and I'm talking obese here... then you have no idea what I'm talking about.

your looks is that first impression, and it gets your foot in the door.

I've gone from 265 to 225 (6'1) the past year. people are so much nicer to you. girls smile, initiate contact. old female friends see you in a different light, even though your personality has stayed the same.

women are extremely shallow.

this thread below was a pretty big motivator for me. it's the before and after experiences of people who've lost weight and how they were treated differently.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=898532

any one who has lost a significant amount of weight wanna chime in?

Last edited:
This week, I fell completely off the wagon with my diet. I have to stay focus. I was sticking to it and made it through 30 days but somehow I got side track. Icecream, M&M's, mac&cheese, pizza, the list goes on...

This week it's time to go back on the diet. My training have going great but as said before...its almost pointless without the proper diet.

Results from low carb diet and HIIT Sprints . Sorry for the low cut pic but how I lose those love handles and tighten up my lower abdominal...exercise suggestions?

Last edited:
any one who has lost a significant amount of weight wanna chime in?

congrats on ur weightloss man I know exactly what youre talking about. That thread from bb.com was a big motvation for me too

270lbs to 146lbs in a little over a year timeframe.

It was like waking up in someone else's body at the end lol because I didn't really adjust to being skinny yet. I've always been told I was a goodlookin dude if I lost weight but I always shrugged it off as BS as some type of lowkey "hint" to make me lose weight. But when I did decide to lose the weight:

- no more choking when i sleep
- no more fat jokes, no more getting called fat ***
- no more sweating from just standing after 1 minute
- no more everybody giving me their food when they can't finish it
- no more breathing and sweating hard from walking a flight of stairs
- no more looking @ walking as a chore. Now I love walking. Rather take the stairs than the escalator.
- 44" waist to 32"
- XXXL to M size
- 7 5/8 to 7 1/4 fitted
- gained half inch in height 5'5.5 to 5'6. Doesn't matter tho still manlet :lol:
- 1st time doing a pull up and push ups was life accomplishment
- people not recognizing u
- people assuming you were skinny you're whole life
- no more getting called "big man" "big guy"
- people treating you equal
- people acknowledging you exist
- girls checkin u out, girls dtf @ parties, girl friends acting different around you, girls hittin on u, girls startin conversations, gay dudes checkin u out and hittin on you, catch dude's girl checkin u out and he's mad doggin you. etc

What made me decide to lose the weight was I knew if I kept my old lifestyle I would eventually become 300+lbs before I got to 30 and think about my life in "What ifs..."
My obese cousin was also a motivation because he went to hospital because of his diabetes and almost died. And I would've probably gotten diabetes too if i kept getting fatter since my grandpa had diabetes and died from it.

before

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom