STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So yesterday was Goundhogs Day and Punxsutawney Phil predicts an early Spring.

Translation: shirtless beach weather is right around the corner, brahs.

No time for slacking and relaxing. Time to get it. Stay focused. Stay on track.

Yea, I know it's Super Bowl Sunday. It's a day in 'Murica where we splurge on the chips, dip, pizza, wings and all of the other types of empty calorie glorious-ness. Stay strong, my d00dz.

Please pardon the post-whoring.

But I went to see Zero Dark Thirty the other night (great movie) and saw the trailer for Marky Mark's new movie Pain and Gain. I didn't know how much he swoled up for this movie. Yea, he was always cut and had a decent build back in the Funky Bunch days. But what was extra surprising is that he is 41 and still able to get this. Some motivation for us elder NTers out there.

Last edited:
He said he put on 40 pounds of muscle in 2 months. That's all you need to know about his routine :lol:

to my super swolled up famb of NT...

what does lifting do to you psychologically...

i mean... i know its gets you diesel and what not... but that cant be the only reason...

i've never been a big weight lifter. i played ball in college, and even then, never went hard in the weight room...

so this whole thing is new to me.

i mean... i know its gets you diesel and what not... but that cant be the only reason...

i've never been a big weight lifter. i played ball in college, and even then, never went hard in the weight room...

Overall health, fambolini.

The look you get from going hard in the gym is a bonus. The main reason I do it, is to stay healthy.

It does improve self confidence & it gives me a piece of mind. Which are two healthy things as well.

Last edited:
Bodybuilding is discipline homie. It teaches you to stay focused on what youre doing. If you opt to go with bad form, youll see the lack of improvement. It helps you recognize your limits, then cross that boundary. It also teaches you humility, try and think youre hot #$%^ and lift something out your range in front of people, bet you wont do it again. Its really testing yourself every time you go in the gym. 50 pounds of steel is 50 pounds of steel. The steel remains the same, its only you that changes.

Short answer: it improves overall brain functioning, i.e, mental health.

i get that... but it doesnt kinda mind **** you...

when you go in the gym and see muh fugga looking like MIchael Jai White going fed in there?

i went into 24 the other day... and was straight ashamed, especially w/ the yambs in there...

lame, i know... but i feel i can keep it real w/ the nt famb... :lol:

when you go in the gym and see muh fugga looking like MIchael Jai White going fed in there?

i went into 24 the other day... and was straight ashamed, especially w/ the yambs in there...

You should be confident before you step in the gym. Don't worry about the next man. As cliched as it sounds...DO YOU.

I introduced this to my workout. you feel it right away..that tingly feeling when pumping iron gets me ohweee
ano-365_1z.jpg

One of the few "supps" I use. Great stuff.

Saw that bodyweight vid on Friday at work. As much as I love to lift, calisthenics will always remain a big part of my routine.

I hear you, those feels are only temporary. You'll be straight after a few gym sessions.

I introduced this to my workout. you feel it right away..that tingly feeling when pumping iron gets me ohweee
ano-365_1z.jpg

so you take this 30 min prior to lifting and then drink a whey one after? I want to start adding a little more supps in my day and I pretty much only use whey right now.

Overall health, fambolini.

The look you get from going hard in the gym is a bonus. The main reason I do it, is to stay healthy.

Indeed, compliments are great, but I found my self overworked and with high blood pressure (hereditary) taking pills in my mid 20s. Working out evens you out, gets you in tune mentally and pushes your physical limits.

Just completed a 30 day juice detox. Went from 265 to 230. Taking the Super Bowl off and going to do another 30 days afterward.

1st pic is on Christmas. 1st small pic is the same Cardigan today and the next two are things I couldn't zip up at the beginning. Feels good man...

Trying to get your mind of fapping brabra? Feeling of going ham in the gym>>>>>>>>>>>anything else (besides yambz) 

Just KILLED my legs today bros. Did 3 sets of 50 reps on the press, boy was I TIRED. 

Gonna be sore tomorrow.... CANT WAIT

Indeed, compliments are great, but I found my self overworked and with high blood pressure (hereditary) taking pills in my mid 20s. Working out evens you out, gets you in tune mentally and pushes your physical limits.

Absolutely...and as I've gotten older, I realized how important it is to do right by your body - cheat day here and there is OK :lol:

Speaking as a person with a desk job, If feel that my full time gig stimulates and works my mind, the gym is the opportunity to do the same to my body.

I used to be motivated by the physical improvement I saw, but now it's moreso about overall health and well-being to me now. Some say I'm obsessed, but it really is a lifestyle. I like to call it a never ending journey of self-improvement.

I love the fact that I can push my mental and physical limits. I haven't had as much as a cold in nearly two years, I attribute that to the way I take care of my body.

Lately I've had to ask myself how bad I want it. Hectic schedule, family, and overall stress has taken a toll now more than it has in a while. For that time I'm in the gym, I'm at peace.

We all have our reasons for getting into this, no one has the same exact goals or rationale. The way we discipline ourselves and motivate ourselves to keep on going is something that shouldn't be taken lightly as not many people have that mindset in general.

Keep doing your thing Team FIT fam. :nthat:

Feeling of going ham in the gym>>>>>>>>>>>anything else (besides yambz) 

Truth. Lifting weights just feels good to me. When I go to the gym I'm not like "**** I need to work out". It's part of my routine. When people ask me how do stay motivated to hit the gym I tell 'em I really enjoy doing it. At the same time I don't look down on people who don't go to the gym. We all have different lifestyles.

Back
Top Bottom