STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

MyFitnessPal really works lol. All I've been doing is tracking calories to try to eat less - goal is 1820 calories a day. Started at 164.4 at 9/23 and am down to 159.6 as of today 10/14. Hasn't been all that hard even. Had an Ikes sandwich (650 cals), two 7 layer burritos (900 cals) and a snickers ice cream bar (180 cals) the other day. Only thing I can't eat is pizza. That turns any day into a 3k calorie day at least.

MyFitnessPal really works lol. All I've been doing is tracking calories to try to eat less - goal is 1820 calories a day. Started at 164.4 at 9/23 and am down to 159.6 as of today 10/14. Hasn't been all that hard even. Had an Ikes sandwich (650 cals), two 7 layer burritos (900 cals) and a snickers ice cream bar (180 cals) the other day. Only thing I can't eat is pizza. That turns any day into a 3k calorie day at least.

This sounds terrible :sick:

I'll tell you a secret. Living a long life comes down mainly to eating low calories and not over exercising. If you can eat less, don't burn crazy amounts of calories, and have decent genetics you'll pretty much get to a solidly old ripe age. You may never look that ripped or anything and you'll never be at your best possible self for sports. Unless you are a paid athlete I see no benefit to going that far though.

Easy math:
Eat 1800 calories a day
Walk 2.5 miles a day

Is way way healthier long term than

Eat 3,200 calories a day
Do some combo of running, hoops, weight lifting

Let me very clear tho. You'll look way better doing the second one and have way higher athletic performance levels. But you are trading that for years off your life (telomeres shortening at a quicker pace)

Anyone ever squat without knee sleeves after using them for a while.

It hurts to squat without them. WTH.

I'm gonna be squatting without knee sleeves once I get back to 365. I'll go sleeveless once a week.

Been bumpin Duffle Bag Ran and my guy Stacks(rip) in the gym heavy lately

"im perfectly chiseled from cast iron"

I'll tell you a secret. Living a long life comes down mainly to eating low calories and not over exercising. If you can eat less, don't burn crazy amounts of calories, and have decent genetics you'll pretty much get to a solidly old ripe age. You may never look that ripped or anything and you'll never be at your best possible self for sports. Unless you are a paid athlete I see no benefit to going that far though.

Easy math:
Eat 1800 calories a day
Walk 2.5 miles a day

Eat 3,200 calories a day

Let me very clear tho. You'll look way better doing the second one and have way higher athletic performance levels. But you are trading that for years off your life (telomeres shortening at a quicker pace)

Yeah..... no. No fully grown adult male should be eating 1800 calories a day.

Your daily intake sounds awful, none of that would make me think hey this guys knows what he's talking about lol

Also VERY few people are going to "over exercise", its almost not even possible, it would be called under recovering if anything.

I almost think you're trolling but ill go along with it for now.

That guy has got to be trolling lol. I honestly hope hes not trolling. So much funnier, he coming in here thinking that hes dropping knowledge and schooling us

Like how did you come up with 2.5 miles a day?

It doesnt matter at the end of the day, just look at that Biggest Loser host that damn near died from a heart attack, dude was in top shape and it didn't make a damn difference.

Easy math:
Eat 1800 calories a day
Walk 2.5 miles a day

Eat 3,200 calories a day

Where are you getting any of this stuff? Sounds like a bunch of bs

I'm not trolling. This is what happens when you talk to people that are so driven by exercising - it's hard to have a scientific rationale conversation. Length of life is determined a lot by telomeres. It's for ease of explanation, your life force. The faster you use that up the quicker you are going to die. That of course is overtly simplistic. But low calories and very moderate exercise are all that you need. I'm all for living life however you want. But to not know about both sides of the coin is pure ignorance.

Quotes:
The people who live in the Blue Zones — five regions in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the U.S. researchers have identified as having the highest concentrations of centenarians in the world — move their bodies a lot. They have social circles that reinforce healthy behaviors. They take time to de-stress. They're part of communities, often religious.

Calorie restriction (CR) — eating 30 percent fewer calories per day without eliminating essential proteins, vitamins and minerals — has the potential to extend life and slow aging. In recent studies of rhesus monkeys, with whom we share 95 percent of our genes, researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison have followed the primates for over 20 years and found CR delayed the onset of many age-related diseases. Even more compelling: Those who consumed fewer calories were stronger and looked younger than their counterparts on regular diets. Twenty years after the study began, 80 percent of the calorie-restricted monkeys were still alive, compared with 50 percent of the monkeys on normal diets.

latest

Squat PR today! 445 :pimp:

DL goal and squat goal is to be at 500 by end of year. (My DL pr is 455)

Chest game is weak tho, im at 245. Maybe atleast 300.

Yall think thats achievable?

it must be PR day cause i finally hit an incline bench PR of 205 for 5x5. took me a damn month to get this but I finally got it.

what pisses me off though is that im going on vacation next friday for 9 days.... R.I.P. gains.

I'm not trolling. This is what happens when you talk to people that are so driven by exercising - it's hard to have a scientific rationale conversation. Length of life is determined a lot by telomeres. It's for ease of explanation, your life force. The faster you use that up the quicker you are going to die. That of course is overtly simplistic. But low calories and very moderate exercise are all that you need. I'm all for living life however you want. But to not know about both sides of the coin is pure ignorance.

Quotes:
The people who live in the Blue Zones — five regions in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the U.S. researchers have identified as having the highest concentrations of centenarians in the world — move their bodies a lot. They have social circles that reinforce healthy behaviors. They take time to de-stress. They're part of communities, often religious.

Calorie restriction (CR) — eating 30 percent fewer calories per day without eliminating essential proteins, vitamins and minerals — has the potential to extend life and slow aging. In recent studies of rhesus monkeys, with whom we share 95 percent of our genes, researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison have followed the primates for over 20 years and found CR delayed the onset of many age-related diseases. Even more compelling: Those who consumed fewer calories were stronger and looked younger than their counterparts on regular diets. Twenty years after the study began, 80 percent of the calorie-restricted monkeys were still alive, compared with 50 percent of the monkeys on normal diets.

would you want to live your life never knowing your physical potential?

you only have this body once. when we get old, we're not gonna be able to be doing all this DL, squats, bench, etc.

I wanna use my body to the fullest ability while I still can. Then when I look bad, I can say to myself "damn, I went hard af back in my younger days."

Back
Top Bottom