STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

"Man this shoulder rehab finna be a breeeeeeze"

The human body in general is trash. Susceptible to anything, dies from everything. But that's another topic for another time.

No prob my dude. Like someone else said before in here, the shoulder is poorly designed joint.

It's an unstable joint by nature. No other ball and socket joint can move in as many directions. Your shoulder socket is like a golf tee and your humeral head is like a golf ball. The only thing balancing that ball on the tee is the little rotator cuff and then ligaments. That's it. Then we go and load hundreds of pounds on it when it's at it's most unstable (overhead). It's no wonder it's so prone to injury. :lol:

I've posted it before, but this prehab/rehab is pretty highly regarded. You don't have to do the whole thing, but there's some great ideas for keeping your stabilizers strong and/or rehabbing them. The key is to use light weight or even bands, 15 or so reps, and not to failure.

This is good

Ive been doing a few of those (the ones he did with the bands and a couple of the db stuff like the cuban rotation) since back in the day when i played baseball. We used to always do stuff like that with bands or very light dbs.

I remember at a tournament i found this bag with a buncha different bands of different tensions and it had all the accessories to clip on a fence or door handle... Man i was so happy lol

I try and do it post workout at least a couple times a week.

getback getback

So from my understanding, it's the combination of external rotation + abduction that decreases the amount of space in the subacromial space which causes the pinching of the bursa/supraspinatus that eventually can develop into impingement/tearing? And by reducing external rotation in favor of more internal rotation and press more at, say, a 75-80 degree angle instead of 90 that will free up more space within the subacromial space that will allow the bursa/supraspinatus to move more freely?

The shoulder has been one of the harder joints for me to grasp. Just recently nailed all the different movements. I think there's like 10 of them. :rofl:

**** ma

Lovin these lately

3x10 supersetted with some rear delt flies $$

gonna play with these was wondering when you would swoop down with one of these new variation exercises lol

Yo i tried a sample of this my god it was some of the best tasting protein I ever tasted blueberry cobbler

Attachments

• E857D591-90B0-4964-B829-7582B50BE1C2.jpeg
    E857D591-90B0-4964-B829-7582B50BE1C2.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5
getback getback

So from my understanding, it's the combination of external rotation + abduction that decreases the amount of space in the subacromial space which causes the pinching of the bursa/supraspinatus that eventually can develop into impingement/tearing? And by reducing external rotation in favor of more internal rotation and press more at, say, a 75-80 degree angle instead of 90 that will free up more space within the subacromial space that will allow the bursa/supraspinatus to move more freely?

The shoulder has been one of the harder joints for me to grasp. Just recently nailed all the different movements. I think there's like 10 of them. :rofl:

Yeah sounds like you got it. It's that extreme abduction and external rotation combined with the load of the resistance that really creates the "sawing" of the tendons between the acromion and humerus.

It's also important to note that when you overhead press you allow your scapulae to upwardly rotate. That also helps to maintain the subacromial space. Some people have the "down and back, retract the f***ng scapulae" cues so ingrained in their heads that they apply it across the board, even with overhead pressing. But if you keep your shoulder blades retracted and depressed when lifting overhead, you get that impingement again.

How did I know when I saw pages jump it had to have involved the homie sound? :lol:

Anyway chest today :rolleyes. Tried for 225 again and again with my dead spot. I need to stop letting my ego get to me and get back to doing pin press and more pause.

Weight is up to 173 now since coming of the cut and my muscles are loving it.

Yeah sounds like you got it. It's that extreme abduction and external rotation combined with the load of the resistance that really creates the "sawing" of the tendons between the acromion and humerus.

It's also important to note that when you overhead press you allow your scapulae to upwardly rotate. That also helps to maintain the subacromial space. Some people have the "down and back, retract the f***ng scapulae" cues so ingrained in their heads that they apply it across the board, even with overhead pressing. But if you keep your shoulder blades retracted and depressed when lifting overhead, you get that impingement again.

Thank you for the gems in here. Please keep dropping them. This stuff gets so technical and science-y in textbooks and certain sites like ExRx (which I still love), so it's nice to hear someone apply it practically.

Pretty sure I just strained my hamstrings for the second time this month doing squats. I've been working my way back up since my back has gotten better. Started with 135 and strained both hamstrings then came back when I felt better and did 135 again then 155. No problems.

Now 4 sets into a 5x5 of 185 I feel the same pain in my left string. Feels tight. Tried squatting with my arms holding me up (assisting in taking some of the weight off) and it felt like it was gonna give out.

Came back after a few minutes, felt fine, did 5x135 and I'm fine. Idek anymore

Pretty sure I just strained my hamstrings for the second time this month doing squats. I've been working my way back up since my back has gotten better. Started with 135 and strained both hamstrings then came back when I felt better and did 135 again then 155. No problems.

Now 4 sets into a 5x5 of 185 I feel the same pain in my left string. Feels tight. Tried squatting with my arms holding me up (assisting in taking some of the weight off) and it felt like it was gonna give out.

Try a machine with light weight to warm up before squats.

A coach in the gym put me on to doing a couple of light sets with quad ext. Before squatting. I warm my hams up too, whenever I jump right into hams and go all heavy, I can feel it straining.

(Stretching works too, some people like light cardio before, etc, do what works for you)

Try it out. Might work for you.

Trying this high rep program for bench.

215x15
235x12
250x10

I honestly didn't think I'd get the sets, I'm like "whoever wrote this is ******ed", but I buckled down and got it.

By the time it was time to do my PL sets work on incline I was dead. I had to takw a 5 minute break. The pump was crazy, tho!

And all 3 sets were soundviews, as far as weight + reps.

Last edited:
Bruhs...those hexagonal 45s at LA fitness really suck for deadlifts. I had to redo my setup each rep once I got to 375...smh. They just went all over the place.

You ever try foam rolling?

U put the clamps on papi?

Clamps don't make a difference in this situation, he's talking about how the weights shift every time they hit the floor because of the edges. Theres a new product out that just clasps on to hex plates making them deadlift friendly, forget the name of them.

Ive found if your gym has bumper plates that aren't 5 feet wide that alternating between one of those and a hex 45 is a little easier when doing reps.

Back
Top Bottom