STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I might pick one of these up for my thoracic spine too.

diagram_plexus_final-01_1_1024x1024.jpg

I love foam rolls, really helps out with stretching before/after and on rest days.
Sometimes if im not in the mood ill lay on the floor and stretch out like that, feels amazing

With foam rolling in the back you just gotta make sure your form is right..one wrong turn and rip to ur back.

Not necessarily rip but yeah....

Clamps don't make a difference in this situation, he's talking about how the weights shift every time they hit the floor because of the edges. Theres a new product out that just clasps on to hex plates making them deadlift friendly, forget the name of them.

Ive found if your gym has bumper plates that aren't 5 feet wide that alternating between one of those and a hex 45 is a little easier when doing reps.

@hexbumper on IG

Luckily the 2 gym locations I go to regularly dont use hex plates. 2 of the other locations have them though smfh. I avoid them like the plague on back day but sometimes my boys want me to meet them there to lift

Try a machine with light weight to warm up before squats.

A coach in the gym put me on to doing a couple of light sets with quad ext. Before squatting. I warm my hams up too, whenever I jump right into hams and go all heavy, I can feel it straining.

(Stretching works too, some people like light cardio before, etc, do what works for you)

Try it out. Might work for you.

Gonna try this. Thank you.

You ever try foam rolling?

Yeah, I foam roll maybe 1-2x a week. I need to be more regular with it. It doesn't hit as hard as it used to in a lot of areas. My quads and abductors are always the worst.

As far as the discussion on foam rolling your back, you have to use a tennis/lacrosse ball to hit your traps/rhomboids/delts/etc. I've gotten some really good releases from it.

Ive just seen a couple people talk about how certain parts of the back shouldn't be used with them.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't go near my lumbar spine with it.

I think the key is to keep your lumbar spine neutral while extending ONLY from your thoracic spine.

@hexbumper on IG

Luckily the 2 gym locations I go to regularly dont use hex plates. 2 of the other locations have them though smfh. I avoid them like the plague on back day but sometimes my boys want me to meet them there to lift

Might have to order 2 of these bad boys lol. I wonder how much they are

I never seen a hex plate in my life. Even anytimes here have bumpers.

My regular gym has rogue everything from bars to bumpers and the metal plates are old as hell and nice.

Why did everyone start coming at soundview? Let him do what he wants damn. :lol:

JRE podcast with Courtney Dauwalter is interesting. She ran an ultra marathon (238 miles) in 58 hours. She finished 10 hours ahead of second place. :wow: Also slept only 21 minutes.

I never seen a hex plate in my life. Even anytimes here have bumpers.

My regular gym has rogue everything from bars to bumpers and the metal plates are old as hell and nice.

Why did everyone start coming at soundview? Let him do what he wants damn. :lol:

These are perfect IMO. About to pull the trigger on some.

91rNQ0nbLsL._SY355_.jpg

These the ones we got, they not bad.

s1220  rubber coated olympic plate.jpg

Still like the metal joints, sounds bad *** af when a buncha metal platea are clanging against each other :lol:

Yeah I definitely wouldn't go near my lumbar spine with it.

I think the key is to keep your lumbar spine neutral while extending ONLY from your thoracic spine.

He also has a great video on how to foam roll with purpose. A lot of us foam roll but we dont really know what the hell we doing. Took some of his tips and it has definitely helped me

Last edited:
Thank you, brother MLPS lmao.

I have a foam roller. Bought it months ago and never went into learning how to use it.

Am I missing out that much or no?

Thank you for the gems in here. Please keep dropping them. This stuff gets so technical and science-y in textbooks and certain sites like ExRx (which I still love), so it's nice to hear someone apply it practically.

Pretty good demonstration of what I was talking about yesterday:

The BTN press is pretty much the same thing as overhead dumbbell pressing with flare elbows.

Back
Top Bottom