STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I am guilty on count of the flys. Learn something new every day though.

5 days in at 178. Anyone else still doing them?

I am guilty on count of the flys. Learn something new every day though.

5 days in at 178. Anyone else still doing them?

I used to do them all the time. They're probably okay in moderation. Even better if you do them on a cable.

You're essentially getting the same motion when you bench press with dumbbells. The pecs main job is to horizontally adduct the arm (bring it across the front of the body). That's why flies and dumbbell chest presses fire the pecs so well as opposed to the barbell bench press. You're allowing the dumbbells to give you the freedom to bring your arms across the body.

Worked on that db shoulder press form.

I wasnt all the way flared out but still not like the video/pic getback getback posted. Dropped weight down to 50 and just focused on form, caught myself flaring out towards the end of sets lol

Squats
135x10
225x5
315x3x3
365x3x2
365x2
315x3x3
225x8
135x15

Db shoulders 4x12
Sir charles 4x12
Db lateral 4x12
Plate raises 4x12
Face pull 4x10
Leg press 4x12
Calf raises 4x30

35pull ups
Bike

Ive always disliked pec flys. I felt more tension on my delts than on my pecs, and not the good kind of tension. When taking AnP and learning more of the pecs and its functions it all made sense. I do love cable flys/crossover, especially going from low to high to across my body to target the pec minor

Last edited:
No chest flys? F*** outta here :lol:. Arnold would like to have a word

Everything else I agree with though

Arnold is a genetic anomaly though. But yeah flies should be fine in moderation and as long as your work in a natural, pain free ROM. I see some dudes damn near touching the floor with the dumbbells :sick:

Arnold is a genetic anomaly though. But yeah flies should be fine in moderation and as long as your work in a natural, pain free ROM. I see some dudes damn near touching the floor with the dumbbells :sick:
Yea moderation and correct form.

Now close to touching the floor... I also try to do 1-2x a month. With light weight ofcourse. You do them with your regular working sets then you’re asking for a tear. The next day my pecs are sore. In a good way too. Same goes for cable flys. Getting that good stretch should really be done with lighter weight.

I like cable crossovers better than db flys. Havent done db flys in a long time.

Only did good mornings cuz it was part of ed coan. Leg extensions i remember jon4rd jon4rd saying they no good after i mentioned i was having same issue with my knee he has.

**** upright rows

When i first started working out i used to do upright rows a lot. And they were so painful, but young yolo me didn't know any better lol. Havent done them in years tho. They are horrible.

And also about chest flys, i feel its a useless movement if you do db chest presses. It doesnt target the pecs anymore than presses do, and with presses it allows me to use much heavier weight while keeping the shoulder safer.

Ya i use to do them when i first got back in the gym recently. Was ok for a while then my shoulders felt ****** esp the one i dislocated. Ditched that ****** exercise with the quickness

any of y'all do yoga?
I know most of you cats are bodybuilder types, but for lean dudes like myself the stretching helps me lift heavier with ease. Is it just me or y'all do similar yoga stretches?

Not just for lean dudes. For everyone. Yoga is great, sadly i havent done it consistently in years. Really need to add that back to my routine. Ohhh and the females :pimp:

Last edited:
any of y'all do yoga?
I know most of you cats are bodybuilder types, but for lean dudes like myself the stretching helps me lift heavier with ease. Is it just me or y'all do similar yoga stretches?
Yoga can be for everyone. Legitimate classes are legit. Went to one and wow. Never went again unfortunately.

There’s really so much conflicting information out there

I did upright rows years ago but would see things online here or there that said avoid em, so I basically stopped doing em. Just recently I was watching a Chris jones workout video and he was saying he loves them, they’re great

Also same thing about flyes, I heard the same argument y’all were sayin about they can be dangerous, u gotta go light anyway, can press significantly more etc. A little while back I was reading about tips for tall guys and it said since our arms are long, we’ll actually see more benefit of flyes than regular/short guys. So I was like bet, I guess flys are back in

i traditionally do 1 compound lift and then accessory work. so Bench, Squat, Deads. then I make sure one accessory exercise is antagonistic. so for example on chest day ill do either lat pulldown or wide grip underhand cable row. recently ive been doing shrugs everyday too lmao.

Back
Top Bottom