STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

**** I can't even get past my elbows to touch the wall :lol:

Me either bruh. My ribs flare like a MF'er. That's why if I ever do anything remotely close to overhead work, I sit at about a 70 degree angle and my arms are pulled forward like this:

shoulder-press.jpg

Me either bruh. My ribs flare like a MF'er. That's why if I ever do anything remotely close to overhead work, I sit at about a 70 degree angle and my arms are pulled forward like this:

shoulder-press.jpg

Which wall mobility is tough. Repost it please and be specific next time or I'll have to block you.

Ive been doing push pull legs for years now. I love it. So much more fun to me than other splits and i like that i get to hit everything twice a week. Now about to take a bang pre workout and hope hit a pr

shoulder-press.jpg
Arms in front of the body is a healthier and safer position for your delts and joints when doing shoulder presses...right? I always do thrm like that, i feel more powerful and stable

It got spicy in here for a minute. We were long overdue everybody was getting along too well. We just need my man Kief to come byke and liven the thread up again
Lmaooooo I forgot about that dude. He's gone forever. Downnnnnn byyyyy the bayyyyy

Im about the same, 4-5, biceps being the exception lol.

I dont even listen to music anymore since my last earphones broke.
Same. Except I just stopped listening to music. I tried it since yall kept ranting about it. Now it's too much work and too annoying to listen. I do miss it for DL days though lmao. It used to get me pumped.

Yeah Im just sticking to seated OHP now and I don't use dumbbells that cause me to overarch. **** you can build shoulders without pressing overhead, most gyms have good machines that keep you in a good ROM.

Arms in front of the body is a healthier and safer position for your delts and joints when doing shoulder presses...right? I always do thrm like that, i feel more powerful and stable

Yeah. It creates space for your rotator cuff (supraspinatus) to clear your acromion (end of your shoulder blade). If there's not enough space, your rotator will get impinged between the acromion and humeral head, causing inflammation and eventual tears. If you have a type II or III acromion you're at an even bigger risk because the subacromial space is a lot narrower and doesn't provide much room for your rotator cuff and bursa. It's the same reason you shouldn't flare you elbows when bench pressing or do lateral raises with your thumbs down (aka the "pouring out a pitcher" method).

acromion_types.jpg

30207.jpg

rotator.cuff.impingement2.jpg

[
Yeah. It creates space for your rotator cuff (supraspinatus) to clear your acromion (end of your shoulder blade). If there's not enough space, your rotator will get impinged between the acromion and humeral head, causing inflammation and eventual tears. If you have a type II or III acromion you're at an even bigger risk because the subacromial space is a lot narrower and doesn't provide much room for your rotator cuff and bursa. It's the same reason you shouldn't flare you elbows when bench pressing or do lateral raises with your thumbs down (aka the "pouring out a pitcher" method).

acromion_types.jpg

30207.jpg

rotator.cuff.impingement2.jpg
Wait. I shoulder pressed this week (For the firdt time in a while, since I've been on OHP). You mean, press with your elbows angled in? Instead of straight on your sides? Link a video if you have one.

I read "tears" and now you got me scared lmao.

[

Wait. I shoulder pressed this week (For the firdt time in a while, since I've been on OHP). You mean, press with your elbows angled in? Instead of straight on your sides? Link a video if you have one.

I read "tears" and now you got me scared lmao.

Hit back/biceps

T bar row is sick. Permanently added to the routine

m boiz m boiz i took your advice about having the same grip width for bb row as bench... What a difference. I never really noticed til now that i was gripping it like a close grip bench

Pull ups... Only 23 lol struggle is real.

Finished with some light band work for rotator cuff.

Also seen a guy quarter rep skull crushers of all things lol. Dude kept adding weight every set too. Man was a mess, was doin db curl and putting his back into it

So a hammer grip. Cool.

I was using a regular straight grip.

thank you

I think the grip is less important than the actual angling of your humerus like he does in the bookmarked video I posted. It's that extreme external rotation and abduction that really closes the subacromial space and jeopardizes your rotator cuff like below.

Like this will f*** your tendons right up

ns5.jpg

The hand placement is fine, but I'd angle my elbows in. That's what creates the space for your rotator cuff.

Last edited:
Someone was doing the standing shrug machine and put 45s all on the sides, then ON the handles that you use to pull it up.

An old white dude goes around and looks at it and says "Look at this. We have some really sick people in this gym, you know that?"

Lmfao I was crying

I think the grip is less important than the actual angling of your humerus like he does in the bookmarked video I posted. It's that extreme external rotation and abduction that really closes the subacromial space.

ns5.jpg

The hand placement is fine, but I'd angle my elbows in. That's what creates the space for your rotator cuff.
Yeah. I do it that way. Elbows angle tucked more in. Copy. I'll check the video in 5 mins. I was at work when you posted it.

I think the grip is less important than the actual angling of your humerus like he does in the bookmarked video I posted. It's that extreme external rotation and abduction that really closes the subacromial space.

ns5.jpg

Damn i think im more like this. Shoulders tomorrow gonna really focus on the form and see where my elbows are

getback getback appreciate the shoulder knowledge fam

I tweaked my left shoulder about 2.5 weeks ago, basically stopped pressing movements since then , slight pain is still there but I think I’ll be good to go in a couple more days

I’m gonna treat my shoulders like I’m clayton f’n Kershaw from here on out

getback getback appreciate the shoulder knowledge fam

I tweaked my left shoulder about 2.5 weeks ago, basically stopped pressing movements since then , slight pain is still there but I think I’ll be good to go in a couple more days

I’m gonna treat my shoulders like I’m clayton f’n Kershaw from here on out

No prob my dude. Like someone else said before in here, the shoulder is poorly designed joint.

It's an unstable joint by nature. No other ball and socket joint can move in as many directions. Your shoulder socket is like a golf tee and your humeral head is like a golf ball. The only thing balancing that ball on the tee is the little rotator cuff and then ligaments. That's it. Then we go and load hundreds of pounds on it when it's at it's most unstable (overhead). It's no wonder it's so prone to injury. :lol:

I've posted it before, but this prehab/rehab is pretty highly regarded. You don't have to do the whole thing, but there's some great ideas for keeping your stabilizers strong and/or rehabbing them. The key is to use light weight or even bands, 15 or so reps, and not to failure.

Back
Top Bottom