STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The problem with goodmornings is that most people lack the mobility to perform the exercise properly and then on top of that they wanna go heavy lol. Its a great exercise when done correctly tho

Lil something nite show coming up...

Attachments

• IMG_20171028_174807.jpg
    IMG_20171028_174807.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20171028_174756.jpg
    IMG_20171028_174756.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 31
Throwback to hitting a nice little goal of mine, was about 30lbs heavier here, weighed in at 235 this morning, goal is to get to 200 and hit this again. If anyone needs help I have all my old programs saved on my phone, one is bench specific and will get you strong no doubt.

That boy thick *heart eyes emoji*

What do you think of 5 3 1? I know I’m not going to add 40 pounds to my bench in a year but I’ll make slow consistent gains now which is what I need since I’m semi strong now. A lot of guys in my gym don’t like it but they all compete in pl so of course it’s not for them. But for me who’s just trying to casually lift some heavy things and stay strong it seems ok. I’m starting my second week today after two weeks off of lifting. Squat day was brutal.
More of a beginner program. I had a LOT of gains off of it, though. I always hated that 3rd week or the week before deload. Felt like cardio lmao.
We need to put an APB out for xcellz xcellz and soundview soundview to get these dudes tested. Bros must be on that gorilla baby milk diet.
Word to mommy, x cells is definitely on some ****. I heard he was clogging up toilets tryna flush the needles down smfh.

I ain't **** tho I'm a ***** tbh. Very scary.

Nah wtf lmaoooo my boy Cell got bIG Af out of nowhere :rofl:

What ever you're drinking can yu save me some???

That boy thick *heart eyes emoji*

More of a beginner program. I had a LOT of gains off of it, though. I always hated that 3rd week or the week before deload. Felt like cardio lmao.

Word to mommy, x cells is definitely on some ****. I heard he was clogging up toilets tryna flush the needles down smfh.

I ain't **** tho I'm a ***** tbh. Very scary.

Good to hear. I’m gonna try it a while then. I got a beginners bench and ohp. :lol:

Good to hear. I’m gonna try it a while then. I got a beginners bench and ohp. :lol:
It works. First program I ever started when I started powerlifting.

I mean, it's based off of percentages, and it's a PL program but they label it "Intermediate"

Anyways, gotta start somewhere. Once you find a good bench program and get that good protein intake...you will see it skyrocket.

I benched 360. I never thought I'd see 315 tbh. First time my program called for it, I was scared. I ended up pushing it for 3.

Keep grinding.....It will come in due time.

What do you think of 5 3 1? I know I’m not going to add 40 pounds to my bench in a year but I’ll make slow consistent gains now which is what I need since I’m semi strong now. A lot of guys in my gym don’t like it but they all compete in pl so of course it’s not for them. But for me who’s just trying to casually lift some heavy things and stay strong it seems ok. I’m starting my second week today after two weeks off of lifting. Squat day was brutal.

I did a variation of 5/3/1 called nSuns 531. Basically just lots more volume then traditional 531. Example, Monday would be 9 sets of bench followed by 8 sets of OHP and accessory work. Did it for 12 weeks but I was feeling burnt out so I went back to my old split.

Dude that sounds damn near destructive. How are you supposed to do 8 sets of ohp after 9 on bench?

Ive never tried it personally or know anyone who has that Im friends with or talk to. I have heard it doesnt have very much accessories or volume so you won't really get any results in the mirror. I would split it up into weeks like it is kind of set up like do a heavy set of 5 one week then 3 the next then 1 but I wouldn't have it be a true max very often, also after the top set I would back down and do 5x5 and build volume from there. I just had so much success with 5x5 that Im a big fan of it, I literally progressed on it for almost 2 years straight, it got me to over 500 for both squat and DL. Its such a simple approach, I just mixed it in with my PPL split and got the best results.

A simple example would be take 60-70% of your 1rm and do 5x5 and add 5 pounds each week, take a deload every 4-5 weeks and go from there. It just about fool proof as long as you're in that intermediate and below level.

Damn...and I was just about to drop 5x5 for bench. I'm at 215 right now. I hit 4 sets of 5 and one set of 4 last week. Last two attempts I didn't come close. Part of it is I don't think I'm eating enough. In fact, I know I'm not.

But I also think I need to take some more deloads. Not sure of my 1RM on bench right now but 215 has to be around 85% for me. Doing that and OHP without a deload every 4 weeks gotta be part of the issue. I went in today and could feel the fatigue in my arms before I even warmed up.

Back
Top Bottom