STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I mean yeah that’s some dumb ****. :lol:

What gets me is he is clearly interested in lifting. The dude went out and bought a slingshot but he has no idea what it’s for. :lol:

Not gonna lie. I was supposed to de load this week but this is the first time I lifted since Monday. Been like -10 this week and that **** has me wanting to blow my brains out so I did the next best thing and drove 10 hours south for work for a few days.

Kept it chill today 10x10 bb row and bench supersets. 95 on the rows 135 on bench

Back squats
275 3x5

I’ll start really lifting again tomorrow. This happened last year too. Got cold af and I quit lifting for New Years because I hate leaving the house. :lol: everyone starts the gym New Years and I just dog it.

I think i wanna run ed coan again, just not sure whats a good amount to try and increase this time around. Was thinking 10lbs. Yall think 10 is too much? Should i just go up 5?

Just getting back in the gym after 5 days of being sick af. Had such a bad sinus infection that a z pak didn’t clear it up. Doc had to put me on levaquin. I lost 5lbs and I hate the mind f*** when you look in the mirror :smh:

Shoutout to the NTer that recommended the Netflix documentary Born Strong. Was a real good documentary definitely recommend watching it I also watched another one on Eddie Hall

To everyone just getting into/back into, stay with it y'all. Those of you who stay consistent making progress with basic compound lifts, hitting your macros, getting your sleep, taking rest days, etc. will see the benefits. Those who don't will be back in the same position they are now this time next year.

This time of year always makes me laugh. All these fools wilding in the gym thinking they doing it. Grown *** dudes doing more talking than lifting but squatting 115 for reps. Dudes getting spotted/missing reps @ 135 on bench. DYEL dudes and whale females starting off sessions with fluff isolation movements. Cats skipping leg day...

Yes, everyone starts somewhere but most people have no clue what they are doing. Biggest pieces of advice to anyone starting out or starting over:
1) Be consistent
2) Leave your ego at the door
3) Don't be afraid to ask obvious lifters for advice
4) Learn how to lift with good form (see #2 and #3)
5) Linear progression

Shoutout to the NTer that recommended the Netflix documentary Born Strong. Was a real good documentary definitely recommend watching it I also watched another one on Eddie Hall

Yeah I watched half the other day. Good so far.

To everyone just getting into/back into, stay with it y'all. Those of you who stay consistent making progress with basic compound lifts, hitting your macros, getting your sleep, taking rest days, etc. will see the benefits. Those who don't will be back in the same position they are now this time next year.

This time of year always makes me laugh. All these fools wilding in the gym thinking they doing it. Grown *** dudes doing more talking than lifting but squatting 115 for reps. Dudes getting spotted/missing reps @ 135 on bench. DYEL dudes and whale females starting off sessions with fluff isolation movements. Cats skipping leg day...

Yes, everyone starts somewhere but most people have no clue what they are doing. Biggest pieces of advice to anyone starting out or starting over:
1) Be consistent
5) Linear progression

Quality and consistency

Nah man. There was a bunch today but they all seemed aight. No one was in the way or none of that.

Some dude did carry a 100 pound plate around the gym screaming but if that’s the worst thing that happened that’s a good day.

1) Be consistent
5) Linear progression

Consistency and will power

Found some jordan compressions at Marshall’s today. They were only $16, but they’re full length. :smh:
Oh well, gonna be one of those guys with shorts over tights. :lol:

I think i wanna run ed coan again, just not sure whats a good amount to try and increase this time around. Was thinking 10lbs. Yall think 10 is too much? Should i just go up 5?
I'd say 10, due to the length. Usually for squat/dl you can go up 10. For bench, usually it's 5lb, depending on how long the program is.

Back
Top Bottom