STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Any of ya'll ever use Planet fitness seriously for a while? tryna cut back to tackle some debt.
low key, PF has more equipment than my rec center I pay $25 a month for and thats mainly because they have two huge basketball courts so tryna get back into ball

man my gym sucks :smh:

went to lifetime for about 9 years but they raised the prices so much, im not paying $80+ a month when I was paying $40 for all these years

Read somewhere that Planet Fitness wants to remove squat racks too because the exercise is too "aggressive"

So stupid. They'll remove squat racks but keep curling stations :lol:

Their business model is baffling.

I go to a Planet Fitness with my girlfriend sometimes. Its ok. You see the same stuff at every gym....... Some people think they are bodybuilders wearing their belts around for bicep curls or tricep extensions. The one I go to doesn't have free weight benches, it's all machines or Smith machines.

I don't know if they dislike people that are in shape because it's intimidating, because there are people in decent shape that go to the one I go to. Its cheap.

I will say I think there are some people that go to gyms like that to make themselves feel better or to give them more confidence. I saw a dude doing like decline presses with 30 lb dbs and he was like breathing weird or doing long dragged out breaths and stuff like he thought he was a boss. The pizza and bagel part does kinda make me "smh". For the most part, people I have seen are there doing it and would definetly benefit from a little advice because they are already off the couch, but it's whatever. Some people just want to do a little workout and walk and leave.....they may not care about it like other people but want to try to be a little healthier.

Last edited:
Any of ya'll ever use Planet fitness seriously for a while? tryna cut back to tackle some debt.

I feel you, eating right and trying to maintain (let alone build) strength/muscle in the gym is hard on a budget.

I used PF a few times in college when my apartment's clubhouse flooded and they gave us free memberships while they renovated it.

Basic takeaways:
-70% of the space (at least in the ones I've been to) is treadmills/ellipticals and I don't do cardio
-No squat racks, just machines and Smith machine
-Lunk alarm went off when I dropped the rubber 60 lb dumbells on the matted floor from like shin level in the far corner of the gym
-Dumbells don't go past ~80 lb
-The other people there are normally 18 year old gym bros (who are like 6' 160 TOPS) or older people, so if you are semi-big, you'll be one of the biggest/strongest people there.

Personally, I prefer to be in a gym where I can see someone do something I know I couldn't do even on my best day. It motivates me to keep pushing. The super cheap membership makes it doable for short periods and, at the end of the day, it's what you make of it. Personally, I'd pay $20-30/month and go to a different gym with squat racks and stronger people though.

Hit shoulders real quick on my work break...40 mins

OHP
185x5x3

Side Raises 3x8
Front Raises 3x8
Barbell Shrug 3x8
Rope Pull 3x8

Medicine Ball Ab Twists x20, x16, x14

Last week cutting and I can't wait lol.

Hit deadlifts tonight. Didn't go great. I did my build up sets to 495 and that wasn't good. Missed on it twice but refused to walk away and it finally went on the 3rd attempt. I put 505 on and thought I could pull it. Never went. Went to about the top of my shins or mid shin. Tried a munch and it wouldn't go. 495 is a beltless PR and I just wanted to break 500, but I think I was kinda nervous. Never pulled like that beltless and didn't want to annihilate my back.

Its still a PR so that's good, plus I was able to get 375 on bench which isn't a PR but things are coming back.

Hit deadlifts tonight. Didn't go great. I did my build up sets to 495 and that wasn't good. Missed on it twice but refused to walk away and it finally went on the 3rd attempt. I put 505 on and thought I could pull it. Never went. Went to about the top of my shins or mid shin. Tried a munch and it wouldn't go. 495 is a beltless PR and I just wanted to break 500, but I think I was kinda nervous. Never pulled like that beltless and didn't want to annihilate my back.

Its still a PR so that's good, plus I was able to get 375 on bench which isn't a PR but things are coming back.

Damn 375 ain’t a PR?! I wish I had your bench fam my bench is poverty. I’ll trade you my deadlift for your bench. I hit 500 a few weeks ago beltless lol

Damn 375 ain’t a PR?! I wish I had your bench fam my bench is poverty. I’ll trade you my deadlift for your bench. I hit 500 a few weeks ago beltless lol

Nope. I think the most I ever did was like 377 or 387 they were measuring it in kgs or whatever. And nice job on that deadlift I was just nervous for my back last night LOL. I think I am in need of some deload weeks my back is telling me it's time to take a little bit of a break

Back
Top Bottom