STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My box had a team competition on Sunday against a couple of other local boxes. Our A team managed the win!
Unfortunately i wasn't competing due to recovering from a stress fracture in my foot, but i took a few photos which you guys might enjoy.

That's a 220kg or 485lb deadlift

220kg as well

I cant remember the four workouts completely but two of them were max team deadlift and 75 reps per team member each of 24" box jumps, burpees, toes to bar and thrusters @ 42.5kg (94lb)

Shoulders been hurting for a while. AC joint, only hurts when i do chest though, So I think I'm gonna take some time off from chest but still continue to lift

I dread the days when you just have that ONE day at the gym where your just out of it. whether you"re tired, sick, stressing, etc.

Had one yesterday and glad I got it out the way. Only happens to me once every month or so. God those are the worst gym days smh

cooked my arms today. hr of bi's & tri's, alternating exercises and then a half hr of forearms. my guns are unloaded now yo. lol

30 minutes of forearm exercises? What all did you do?

yea 30 min flys by.

pronated and supinated wrist curls. farmer's walks and just static grips with the oly bar loaded up. works traps too.

I hate pronated and supinated wrist curls. Personally, I think theyre 2 of the most useless exercises. Theyre poor exercises for grip strength.

Instead of doing static grips with a loaded olympic bar, just do a dead hang from a bar.

I wear gloves to workout and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me.

I'm working out to better myself, not impress people who are in the gym to judge.

I got soft *** skin that gets blisters within minutes if I don't use gloves. You think ima give myself extra pain during workouts with blisters just to look cool? He'll with that. I want healthy hands. I respect you if you're using gloves or not, as long as you're in the gym workin out and giving it your all, you are attempting to better yourself and that's all that matters to me.

I've been using these for years. Never lift without 'em.

cooked my arms today. hr of bi's & tri's, alternating exercises and then a half hr of forearms. my guns are unloaded now yo. lol

yea 30 min flys by.

pronated and supinated wrist curls. farmer's walks and just static grips with the oly bar loaded up. works traps too.

I hate pronated and supinated wrist curls. Personally, I think theyre 2 of the most useless exercises. Theyre poor exercises for grip strength.

Instead of doing static grips with a loaded olympic bar, just do a dead hang from a bar.

Will do, I'll sub the hangs in for the statics the next time I work them. Thanks.

What do you like doing for forearms, assuming you like to isolate them.. i very rarely use straps, so they get a good workout when i do back stuff, but i dont have naturally big wrists/forearms, so i always like to pound the fores extra to build them up.

i wear gloves off n on too. when the bar, especially those new ones, starts to cut into that skin, it hurts like hell. if anything, it makes it harder to grip and ultimately holds you back. besides, females dont like being touched with rough hands, true story. my hands are strong as hell, all while being pleasant to the touch.

Same here. I wear my gloves on and off as well. It just depends on how I feel. But most of the time, I wear em since my girl does NOT appreciate the hard *** calluses. :lol:

yea 30 min flys by.

Will do, I'll sub the hangs in for the statics the next time I work them. Thanks.

What do you like doing for forearms, assuming you like to isolate them.. i very rarely use straps, so they get a good workout when i do back stuff, but i dont have naturally big wrists/forearms, so i always like to pound the fores extra to build them up.

The hangs also loosen up my shoulder which is one of the reasons I like them more than static holds.

I don't isolate them. Most of my exercising is sport related so "big" forearms aren't necessary. I really only need forearm strength for baseball/softball and the hangs are the only exercise I use. I'll only use straps for deadlifts. I used to use the mixed grip, but it was throwing off my form so I switched to an overhand grip with straps and haven't had any issues since then.

I'd rather spend my time doing something a little more, um, functional? For my interests and what I do, the cost/benefit ratio of forearm exercises isnt worth it to me.

Anyone going to the Arnold in Ohio?
I'll be there....going Thursday the 28th from 8a-12p to help set up too actually, gets me full access for the weekend.  From what I hear it's smart to bring a bookbag with you for all the free stuff they will be giving

Anyone else see that the IOC banned wrestling from the 2020 games? 
tired.gif

I'll be there....going Thursday the 28th from 8a-12p to help set up too actually, gets me full access for the weekend.  From what I hear it's smart to bring a bookbag with you for all the free stuff they will be giving

tired.gif
You gonna hit up that animal cage?

you said they are poor exercises for grip strength, but are they also poor exercises to get bigger forearms?

Haven't looked in here in a few months. Hope everybody is still progressing....

I got a little bored with my splits so I'm taking a shot at Smolov. I hit 495 on my deadlift a couple weeks back and realized my squat was lacking so...I'm giving Smolov a shot. I'm only running the Base Mesocycle for those familiar and I'm on week 3.

tired.gif
went to the arnold lat year was pretty cool experience...i was the camera guy but didnt take any extra cash 
mean.gif
 (didnt know the pros were asking $15 a shot, kai greene was asking for like $35) haha 

my friends and i caught ben pukulski last year before chillin in the food court the comp and my friend got a pic...we talked to him for a quick second cool guy

Last edited:
I need to cop some new gloves. More power to yall who lift without, I got soft hands and skin and want to keep it like that. I tried deadlifting raw and it felt like my palms were gonna burst open.

Am I the only one that shoots better after I lift? :lol: I remember I would air ball every shot after I lift, but now i'm more consistent.

Disciples of Brodin:

While we put in work in the iron temple (the gym to common men) and eat clean to achieve our goals, let us not forget the third leg in the holy trinity of fitness: Rest.

The body needs proper rest in order to recover properly. Give the muscles time to grow. Get a good night's sleep. Avoid injury. Rest.

Then wake up and do it all over gain.

Third week of deadlifting. My plan today was to top out at 375x5 (10 lbs up from last week), but the guy in the rack beside me displayed some serious old man strength deadlifting 4 plates. So, I was like "**** that" and ended up doing 405x5, then 435x3.

Ego lifted, but everything went better than expected.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Dinnertime :smokin

Two 95/5 Turkey patties, packet of brown readyrice, both servings :pimp:

Looking for veggies as I let the second patty cook on the Foreman haha

you said they are poor exercises for grip strength, but are they also poor exercises to get bigger forearms?

Not really. The forearms arent designed to be a big muscle group. Why would you want bigger forearms without an increase in strength?

took 2 days off because freeze told me to do so a while back when i'm feeling wrecked so i'm ready to go in today and punish the **** out of my legs.

:pimp:

iLLest!
You're acting like 2 days off is some kind of marathon rest?

Third week of deadlifting. My plan today was to top out at 375x5 (10 lbs up from last week), but the guy in the rack beside me displayed some serious old man strength deadlifting 4 plates. So, I was like "**** that" and ended up doing 405x5, then 435x3.

Ego lifted, but everything went better than expected. :lol: :pimp:
Strong username to ego-lifting correlation ratio. Judging by your physique, you're not new to the gym, any reason why it took until now to incorporate deads?

Also, on the food side of things, nothing better than some dark chocolate to get in some recovery cals.

Last edited:
Legs wobbly, if a cop would've pulled me over tonight, I'd be locked up like Akon.  No way I would've walked in a straight line.  Mission accomplished.
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom