awkward "rest day" for me

20 min row machine
db shoulder press light
side lateral raise
front db raise
40 min stationary bike
abs

lmao

How do you like working at Lifetime? You a PT?

Been thinking about applying.

I love it, it's great to work for a company that you can fully stand behind their mission and what they do.

I work at the Corporate office in MN, but funny enough I actually look for Personal Training talent for many of our clubs around the US. Are you a PT now? Shoot me a message if you're truly interested.

Lifetime is fantastic but it’s expensive. Get a discount at 24 through my job and it’s an easy 29 a month.

Yeah, it's like a tricep workout.

I see people using the handle bars to basically help themselves walk on the treadmill....

Ole girl had her feet off the machine in a straight position. The treadmill was on and she was like crawling on it. I was so lost.

Yeah that's exactly what it was. A real life treadmill bear crawl :lol:

IG fitness models be having women doing the most with these exercises

for real. it’s like they can use a machine for everything except for what it’s for. they’ll find a way to squat in a curl machine but won’t do a regular back squat :lol

Careful drawing your shoulder blades "down and back" bruhs. People took that "Retract the f****g Scapula" video too far :lol:

http://www.apicareonline.com/postur...ace-compression-and-thoracic-outlet-syndrome/

To be fair, barbell benching as a whole is not safe, its not a natural movement.

I know that article is based off big scientific words and studies but Ive never heard of anyone having problems because they retracted their scapula too much while benching lol

The question will always remain, how much ya bench bro?

To be fair, barbell benching as a whole is not safe, its not a natural movement.

I know that article is based off big scientific words and studies but Ive never heard of anyone having problems because they retracted their scapula too much while benching lol

Obviously under 3 plates :nerd:

I don't think the article was limited to benching though. A lot of programs are comprised of a heavy dose scapular depression and/or retraction. Rows, pullups/chins, benching, deadlifts, etc. The cue "down and back" has definitely found its way beyond the bench press. A lot of well regarded PTs like Eric Cressey and Tony Gentilcore advocate balancing all that scapular depression/retraction with upward rotation and protraction of the scapulae.

The shoulder blade is designed to move in several directions, which is why putting so much emphasis on that one position is harmful. I always used to think rowing and pulling was all about pinching shoulder blades. Come to find out it's pretty harmful in the long run for most of us.

I don't think the article was limited to benching though. A lot of programs are comprised of a heavy dose scapular depression and/or retraction. Rows, pullups/chins, benching, deadlifts, etc. The cue "down and back" has definitely found its way beyond the bench press. A lot of well regarded PTs like Eric Cressey and Tony Gentilcore advocate balancing all that scapular depression/retraction with upward rotation and protraction of the scapulae.

The shoulder blade is designed to move in several directions, which is why putting so much emphasis on that one position is harmful. I always used to think rowing and pulling was all about pinching shoulder blades. Come to find out it's pretty harmful in the long run for most of us.

]

So what is the point they are trying to make, we shouldn't be doing these exercises? I do a **** ton of rear delt flys and face pulls and do not have any discomfort in that area.

Isn't more of their argument based from a physiological standpoint? Because a lot of weight training, especially isolation exercises aren't "good" for us in that sense, i.e. the stress on the knee when doing leg extensions etc.

Not sure what happened to Durden, but he used to talk about this stuff.

So what is the point they are trying to make, we shouldn't be doing these exercises? I do a **** ton of rear delt flys and face pulls and do not have any discomfort in that area.

Isn't more of their argument based from a physiological standpoint? Because a lot of weight training, especially isolation exercises aren't "good" for us in that sense, i.e. the stress on the knee when doing leg extensions etc.

Not sure what happened to Durden, but he used to talk about this stuff.

When you do facepulls, your scapula is in a position of upward rotation so it doesn't apply here.

If you're doing rear delt flies and emphasizing or leading with retraction....it's not being performed correctly. It becomes a rhomboid/trap movement as opposed to a true rear delt fly.

The point he's trying to make is vary your programming to incorporate more protraction and upward rotation of the scapulae because the vast majority of programs have a HEAVY emphasis on retraction and depression (bench press, pullups, rows, deadlifts). He's not really arguing against any specific exercise per se. He's arguing against aggressively squeezing down and back with your shoulder blades too much and too often because it lead to thoracic outlet syndrome, glenohumeral pathology and scapular dyskinesis.

This is a pretty good application because it takes into consideration different postures and how to avoid exacerbating issues.

Back
Top Bottom