STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

:lol: what’s a dl shoe? I don’t even wear shoes when I squat and dl anymore.

Squat shoes $300

Ankle mobility, priceless.

Negged again.

DL shoes.
OSH12-01_1_110x110@2x.jpg

Also, lol @ not having at least 2 pair of squat shoes in the trunk at all times.:lol::nerd:

I deadlift in my rom2. Powerlifters usually wear wrestling shoes but ton of Olympic lifters deadlifts in rom2+3 so if it’s good for them it’s good for me lol

It’s a liability issue, they don’t want you getting hurt from a weight dropping on your foot.

You always gotta consider the idiots when you see ridiculous rules. And the idiot would make it a free for all and walk all around the gym barefoot.

PS: I’m going to join jump rope gang as soon as it warms up a little.

It’s a liability issue, they don’t want you getting hurt from a weight dropping on your foot.

You always gotta consider the idiots when you see ridiculous rules. And the idiot would make it a free for all and walk all around the gym barefoot.

PS: I’m going to join jump rope gang as soon as it warms up a little.

I feel you .Just found it annoying they said something after so many months.

Ah well

I deadlift in my rom2. Powerlifters usually wear wrestling shoes but ton of Olympic lifters deadlifts in rom2+3 so if it’s good for them it’s good for me lol

:sick:

Tried to do that but it felt too much like deficit deads. I have long arms, long legs, and a relatively long torso. I'm naturally weakest off the floor and strongest at lockout, so Roms or any other shoes that elevate the foot are a no-go for me.

The shoes I posted are essentially wrestling shoes made for DL. I like em better than socks, Chucks, Roms, or Metcons.:smokin

Oly lifters DL in Oly shoes because DL
is basically the first pull of both OLY lifts. it’s also
why their form is usually a little more upright to simulate a clean

Man I said it once and I’ll say it again, the valsava manuever is not healthy when strength training. Always breathe properly on a lift

Damn broke my 4th metacarpal running into a screen smh

Doc said it was clean break, hoping to heal up nice and strong. Anyone experienced this before?

Man I said it once and I’ll say it again, the valsava manuever is not healthy when strength training. Always breathe properly on a lift

I do it all the time and never have issues.

How do you boyos breathe mid-lift and maintain tightness? (Talkin about for sq, bp, ohp, and dl)

I do it all the time and never have issues.

How do you boyos breathe mid-lift and maintain tightness? (Talkin about for sq, bp, ohp, and dl)

hold breathe/brace core coming down but breathe out when going back up.
you def lose some tightness and it feels hard when you first do it but i got used to it.

thats good then lol. some people hold their breath throughout both the eccentric and concentric portion of the lift. basically until the rep is done

Ah, gotcha. I usually inhale, hold it during the concentric and start to exhale during the eccentric once I'm past the sticking point.

suavamente suavamente I def need to start doing direct ab work. Not sure how to hit glutes directly without looking like a bish doe...

Ah, gotcha. I usually inhale, hold it during the concentric and start to exhale during the eccentric once I'm past the sticking point.

suavamente suavamente I def need to start doing direct ab work. Not sure how to hit glutes directly without looking like a bish doe...

lol at dudes neglecting glute work bc it makes them look less "manly"

1496A29E-A145-4E42-A1D3-3E7B23E83060.jpeg
Elliptical Level 1, 4, 7, 10. 15 mins each and another session of grip training after. Grip so trash I’m not gonna bother with compound lifts for awhile.

3 rounds, trying to work up to 5

Back
Top Bottom