STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Forgive me if this has been brought up numerous times but...

Does anyone have the powerblock adjustable dumbbells? I'm an apartment dweller right now so might not make sense to cop (mostly sold out right now anyways) but curious if anyone on here had experience with them.

They are rather pricey but might be worth it for the convenience and space saving. Most reviews online seem rather favorable.

Would you guys with home gyms consider them?
I have the Bowflex 1090s. They go from 10 to 90lbs, in 2.5lb increments. I like them better than the powerbells because it's shaped more like a big dumbbell and you can do kettlebell exercises too. People give them bad reviews but I ahve dropped them before, and done explosive movements like swings and never had an issue.

ml-jcup-monolift-web1_1.jpg

I think my next gym equipment is gonna be this monolift attachment.. whenever it restocks.

How are the new dads out there staying in shapeworking out with a newborn and that lifestyle shift? We’re expecting any day now and I’m trying to figure out if I should just scrap exercise plans for a few weeks to a month or try to go in with a regimen and routine to focus on. Contemplating just having weights sitting out and hitting a few reps as I pass by :lol:

Forgive me if this has been brought up numerous times but...

Does anyone have the powerblock adjustable dumbbells? I'm an apartment dweller right now so might not make sense to cop (mostly sold out right now anyways) but curious if anyone on here had experience with them.

They are rather pricey but might be worth it for the convenience and space saving. Most reviews online seem rather favorable.

Would you guys with home gyms consider them?
I got the powerblock 50 last week (not adjustable beyond 50) and I have no complaints. Only complaint I see is the weird shape, which really isn't a problem if you stabilize like you should, and the speed of changing the weights which doesn't bother me at all, i'm not doing Terry Crews euro training. Crazy they had 100s available on their website last I checked a few days ago, seemed like folks weren't interested but I guess they were.

My name was in the lottery for a core home fitness dumbell set and I won that, think i'll just keep that too and flip it for double so I essentially got the powerblock set free. **** it, capitalism.

How are the new dads out there staying in shapeworking out with a newborn and that lifestyle shift? We’re expecting any day now and I’m trying to figure out if I should just scrap exercise plans for a few weeks to a month or try to go in with a regimen and routine to focus on. Contemplating just having weights sitting out and hitting a few reps as I pass by :lol:

****s rough haha. Went back to back when I had my kids. Had 90lb powerblocks and a adjustable bench. Ended up selling that whole setup 2 years ago. Regret that now.

For those that have pulled hook and mixed grip..

do you feel a difference in muscles being used when pulling the bar up in a deadlift? Most noticeably in your arms/forearms?

I feel with mixed grip,I have to squeeze the bar hard as hell to make sure it doesn’t fall out (I never have an issue with grip strength). Due to this, I feel a crap ton of the muscles in my forearm being used.

but for hook I don’t need to grip too hard cause once those thumbs are locked in, that bar isn’t going anywhere causing me to not feel my forearms being used too much and allowing me to really focus on using my posterior chain....

just a small thought...

For those that have pulled hook and mixed grip..

do you feel a difference in muscles being used when pulling the bar up in a deadlift? Most noticeably in your arms/forearms?

I feel with mixed grip,I have to squeeze the bar hard as hell to make sure it doesn’t fall out (I never have an issue with grip strength). Due to this, I feel a crap ton of the muscles in my forearm being used.

but for hook I don’t need to grip too hard cause once those thumbs are locked in, that bar isn’t going anywhere causing me to not feel my forearms being used too much and allowing me to really focus on using my posterior chain....

just a small thought...

I don't think I ever really noticed the difference in feeling the muscles being used, but when I pull mixed, I def have issues with the bar feeling like it's going to slip out of my hands in sumo. It's wierd because I never felt this pulling conventional. Also have an issue with my arms hitting my inner quads in sumo, tried to widen my grip but still a challenge.

I only pull mixed, tried hook grip and it’s like learning to lift all over idk I can’t get used to it.

my grip was weak when I first started dl obviously but now it’s never an issue. Some chalk and I’m good to go. I might loose my grip at like 7+ reps at 405.

finally found some db's!! got a couple 30s, 35s and 45s. each on sale priced less than the weight amount. mixed with my bands, should be able to hit some good movements. wanted some 50s or 60s, but Dicks didnt have any. They have curbside pickup, going to scoop em tomorrow.

I have three, all under 4 and my wife is expecting another in July. They sleep a lot so if you have weights laying around, you can get a nice session in. It’s not like the babies are mobile and besides when it’s time to eat or need a diaper change, they should be fine just hanging around while you get your workout in.

I didn’t think anything was a huge inconvenience with them and there’s plenty of time in the day for a quick pump. Then again, I was always told I had good kids who didn’t cry as much as other babies, supposedly. But god bless to you. It’ll be fun.

As long as I have been lifting, I have never had major issues with calluses, and I deadlift regularly. I consider myself lucky.

I used to do mixed grip deadlifts, but later changed to hook maybe 2 years ago...and whenever I try mixed again, I can notice my torso twisting slightly, majorly uncomfortable.

Congrats to the new home gym owners. It has made my life amazing since getting mine.

early early mornings. since my wife had to breast feed i had a little wiggle room working out at like 4 30 to 5 30 .
just count your sleep gone anyway
Double overhand
ive tried mixed and hook and dont like either. Double overhand for life

Back
Top Bottom