STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Tractor supply for mats

Read that they smell pretty strong which I’m trying to avoid because this room is right next to my bedroom.

I decided against the tiles from Dicks for same reason (a lot of negative reviews about how they smelled) and got some tiles on Amazon instead.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F8SJDFX/?tag=niketalk0e-20

I’m not doing any heavy lifting with barbells or dropping weights so don’t need anything too heavy duty. Would like to fill out the 96sqft (12x8) space with something decent that doesn’t stink.

0AFDC9C1-BCCD-4A0B-8A0C-1F96EC441971.jpeg

In the process of converting my spare bedroom into a home gym. Was growing weed in here for the past two years, time to grow some muscles. Took everything down from the grow except the window AC unit :lol:

Got the bow flex M6 trainer mainly for my girl because she was using the step and elliptical machines at the gym. This is a combo of both. She’s used it everyday since I set it up Tuesday.

Ordered PowerBlock 50s a week ago thanks to whoever posted the link in this thread. Said 4-6 weeks shipping but surprisingly they showed up yesterday.

Have this bench on the way. Had to pay over retail on eBay. Wanted this model for the leg lock.
C3179445-B08D-4B62-8C79-4E3EBA82ACDB.png

Looking at floor guard tiles now was gonna grab some of these:
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ick-16fgeufg24sqftflreac/16fgeufg24sqftflreac

Any other suggestions for floor guard lmk.

tdogg2k tdogg2k this is why I called you last weekend was tryna plan this room out. Hope you and the wife kids doing well homie!
i texted you back. i was literally holding the baby while she was screaming in my ear when you called. I have some mats for you if you want them. i have too many for my space.

ima give you a call either later tonight or tomorrow morning around 10/11.

D's sporting goods is restocking one of the benches I wanted was there for about 99.

check facebook market place too. all the equipment i want is up there around the Alexandria and sourthern MD area.

Thor Mountain is the goat. Strong man ever?

Samson type ****? He really is weirdly strong. It's amazing, but like wild. I wonder what it feels like. To be ultra strong, but also huge and really really heavy.

I wonder how healthy he is. How his organs are doing

He's up there. We'll have to wait and see how long his career is before we put him above guys like Brian Shaw and Mariusz Pudzianowski. Hafthor has incredible genetics. Even at 6'9", 440 lbs, he's not fat at all.

He has great endurance for the more cardio heavy events, long arms to grip awkward apparatuses and obviously alot of brute strength.

He's up there. We'll have to wait and see how long his career is before we put him above guys like Brian Shaw and Mariusz Pudzianowski. Hafthor has incredible genetics. Even at 6'9", 440 lbs, he's not fat at all.

He has great endurance for the more cardio heavy events, long arms to grip awkward apparatuses and obviously alot of brute strength.

That Viking blood lmao.

Todays workout

Deadlifts resistance band x3
Squats/split aquats/jump squats(Full intensity) x3 20
Push ups =100
Curls resistance band/barbell curls x3

Lateral raises x3

0= 20 reps

My resistance band tension and form is pretty good now after much trail and error

What’s everyone’s thought about Thor’s record controversy though?

Eddie and others are saying it’s cheap to have an attempt in your own house. Regardless if official judges were there to check the lift and equipment.

traveling to the event, having the crowds pressure on you, etc is all part of the game.

world records shouldn’t be allowed in someone’s home gym lmao.

they don’t even allow official world records at national level meet in the USAPL but in strongman they’re letting it happen in someone’s house?????

Yeah I can see their point.

I want Eddie to come back with a rebuttal and break the record again.

Like when Eddie broke it he dropped the weight the day before so he “missed” the lift and hit a bunch more lifts before that one

then traveled 20 hours and got it the NEXT DAY.

Eddie hall is a legend for that.

I don't think the lift should count against Eddie's competition lift, but its only a matter of time before thor completely demolishes it in competition.

I usually jump rope for cardio. Took a break from it for a couple weeks. Picked it back up last week. Usually go for 800+ reps. I noticed I was getting these severe migraines while skipping, but I would ignore them and just power through it. It seems each day it has gotten worse. I decided to give it a break and take Saturday and Sunday off. Picked it back up today and I did about 200 skips and during the process it felt as if my head was going to explode where the migraine lasted all day. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

do you get migraines from any other form of cardio?

might sound stupid but maybe cause you’re head keeps moving up and down too hard when you’re jumping?

a few of the corporate ones have.
i wish i would've bought a treadmill from them when mine was selling only 300 bucks. i didn't have the money at the time. now im going through marketplace struggling to find one no older than 2010 for less than 500

1588366293472.png

Out of all the pieces delayed till Monday. Had to be the damn pair of legs for the rack. Shiiiit.

well quick photo of what I got minus the safety straps and land mine in the house
0E1DD160-F844-42F2-B40C-7925BE6CC9E0.jpeg
those acronym presto plates look dope af

Back
Top Bottom