STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just one day.
I didn't think the "keto flu" was as bad as some people say. That might be what you're experiencing now when you said you felt lethargic. If it is, you will be good in a day or two (I assume).

Couple tips. I've done keto twice and by "done" I mean maintained a "keto lifestyle" for a stretch of 2-3 months.
My first go at it was good during the diet but I goofed up getting off it. Started it to drop weight and lean up before a vacation to Mexico.
After my vacation I gained everything back and some. No way I'm avoid carbs in Mexico? plus not working out, and booze = erase any hard work done over a month or so. :lol:
Second go around I was way more disciplined and got off keto right once I reached my goal. Keto got me lean and getting off correctly kept me lean. Just put back on some water weight. Downside was my strength decrease was real. Went from 5x5 225 bench to 1RM 225 on the bench.... they say keto shouldn't make your gains decrease much after the initial couple weeks but I haven't cracked that code.

That all being said what is your goal? Cause honestly if it just to drop a couple lbs. then I don't know if keto is the move. If you want to drop some body fat and don't care about the potential strength decrease and could keep it up for a few months then give it a shot. You'll get over the craving for sweets if that's the issue and this is coming from a guy with a sweet tooth.
how many carbs were you doing? I believe if you count the almonds / natural pb and veggies im still under 25-30grams.

what are some keto treats you used?

Stayed between 20-30 net carbs daily.
Treats as in snacks?
Macadamia nuts were big to help hit fat macros.
Cheese sticks, roasted pepeitas, meatballs, pb or ab, flaxseed crackers with cream cheese. If the sweet tooth is too overwhelming then I bake some type of keto snack or keto pancakes. Since keto exploded there are a bunch of recipes and YT channels around it.
Not having carbs sucks but god damn full fat food is delicious too.

Theres more I just can't remeber at the moment.
I had fried avocado for the first time over the weekend. If you can make a keto friendly breading that **** might be fire

Stayed between 20-30 net carbs daily.
Treats as in snacks?
Macadamia nuts were big to help hit fat macros.
Cheese sticks, roasted pepeitas, meatballs, pb or ab, flaxseed crackers with cream cheese. If the sweet tooth is too overwhelming then I bake some type of keto snack or keto pancakes. Since keto exploded there are a bunch of recipes and YT channels around it.
Not having carbs sucks but god damn full fat food is delicious too.

Theres more I just can't remeber at the moment.
I had fried avocado for the first time over the weekend. If you can make a keto friendly breading that **** might be fire
unfortunately im lactose intolerant. i have some vegan cheese but its expensive

what are flaxseed crackers. never heard of that.
im tired of eatin pork rinds for the crunch

unfortunately im lactose intolerant. i have some vegan cheese but its expensive

what are flaxseed crackers. never heard of that.
im tired of eatin pork rinds for the crunch
Couldn't remember the brand while I was typing that but I found it. Look up Flackers. Whole foods got it. Crackers are dry as hell so I had to put something on it. Always did cream cheese. Put smoked salmon them a couple times but that's not cheap. Peanut butter might be good.
Roaster seaweed is pretty good.

Couldn't remember the brand while I was typing that but I found it. Look up Flackers. Whole foods got it. Crackers are dry as hell so I had to put something on it. Always did cream cheese. Put smoked salmon them a couple times but that's not cheap. Peanut butter might be good.
Roaster seaweed is pretty good.
what were your refeed days like? less fat more carbs. but what type of carbs. i was told to basically dirty cheat. fries. bread. fruit maybe something sweet. so your body soaks it all up for the energy the next week.

it reminds me of when I did my body building show. low carb carb cycle all week then a little cheatmeal once a week until about 4 weeks out.

as far as strength. ive lost a little bit but nothing so noticeable since im mainly focusing on contractions and reps anyway

what were your refeed days like? less fat more carbs. but what type of carbs. i was told to basically dirty cheat. fries. bread. fruit maybe something sweet. so your body soaks it all up for the energy the next week.

it reminds me of when I did my body building show. low carb carb cycle all week then a little cheatmeal once a week until about 4 weeks out.

as far as strength. ive lost a little bit but nothing so noticeable since im mainly focusing on contractions and reps anyway
It wasn't really a dirty cheat but had some of the foods you mentioned. Potatoes, rice, fruit, and sometimes a dessert like halo top ice cream... pretty much a normal day of eating. :lol: I tried to stay around maintenance though.

Keto was worth it for y’all?

feel too weak without da carbs

I tried carb cycling and that was a lil better lol
I reached my goal so for me yes. Could I have reached my goal just monitoring calories and training a certain way? Probably but I wanted to try keto again at the time so I did. Will I do it again? Probably not

It wasn't really a dirty cheat but had some of the foods you mentioned. Potatoes, rice, fruit, and sometimes a dessert like halo top ice cream... pretty much a normal day of eating. :lol: I tried to stay around maintenance though.

I reached my goal so for me yes. Could I have reached my goal just monitoring calories and training a certain way? Probably but I wanted to try keto again at the time so I did. Will I do it again? Probably not
how did you stay at maintenance??? just not going as full fat? or cutting back on protein?

how did you stay at maintenance??? just not going as full fat? or cutting back on protein?
by maintenance I meant strictly calories. Using some basic calc online it came out to about 2200 calories so I tried to stay around there. Didn't pay much attention to the macros other than fat. Tried to keep that low on the carb days. Pretty much just reverse the carbs and fat macros.
Usually logged what I ate into my fitness pal or just try to keep track in my head. Honestly on those carb days I probably ate over my maintenance cause I wasn't super diligent about logging everything. My carb days were also my rest days and I don't feel like doing **** on those days.

Real talk. Don't stress it. Everyone is built different. I'm just giving you my two cents. I'd say eat what you want on those days and check how you feel the following days. And in a few weeks if you step on the scale and you're not making the progress expected then make tweaks.

Thomas DeLauer on YT has good tips and info.

Last edited:
Just started a 48 hour fast this morning. It's been 12 hours as of right now. So far so good. I've only had to stop myself one time from doing something I'm not supposed to.

Just started a 48 hour fast this morning. It's been 12 hours as of right now. So far so good. I've only had to stop myself one time from doing something I'm not supposed to.
61irQrNjgnL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

I do those every now and then. Black coffee, tea and topo chico are your friends. Also in that short a frame, you're not that hungry, tired or as out of sorts as your body is trying to tell you that you are.

Today I ate: Chicken/broccoli/jasmine rice for lunch; Serious Mass AM and early PM; and pancakes for dinner. (My intraworkout also has 300 calories in it, but that isn't food. )

Prolly eat again right before midnight since today was such a light day.
Haven't gained a pound since December.
1614308543856.png

Little over 24 hours in now. So far it's been fairly easy. Only issue is a minor headache. Well that and wanting to slap the people around you :lol:

I swear family and friends try to keep you fat on purpose sometimes.

Gonna go for moderate carbs and lot fat diet when I come off this.

Got a feeling they pushing the Pt test back again..Might bulk the rest of the year LOOOOOL

Idk about that homie. Gyms are open and the testing center hasn't sent any updates (yet).

Rather get it over with versus having it pushed back again. I already know the failure rates are gonna slap. :lol:

by maintenance I meant strictly calories. Using some basic calc online it came out to about 2200 calories so I tried to stay around there. Didn't pay much attention to the macros other than fat. Tried to keep that low on the carb days. Pretty much just reverse the carbs and fat macros.
Usually logged what I ate into my fitness pal or just try to keep track in my head. Honestly on those carb days I probably ate over my maintenance cause I wasn't super diligent about logging everything. My carb days were also my rest days and I don't feel like doing **** on those days.

Real talk. Don't stress it. Everyone is built different. I'm just giving you my two cents. I'd say eat what you want on those days and check how you feel the following days. And in a few weeks if you step on the scale and you're not making the progress expected then make tweaks.

Thomas DeLauer on YT has good tips and info.
Thanks, I can def cut PB, and avocado oil out of every meal for my refeed, that makes room for the carbs.
I decided ima wake up fasted cardio for about 40 mins, start with a banana, make oatmealpowder and protein pancakes. probably have a meal with rice. and the dirty meal will be either a burger and fries or BBQ and Fries. then i'll stop the carbs about 4 p.m. do another 40 mins cardio before bed. then hit the gym hard on Monday

Back
Top Bottom