STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone make their own energy drink…homemade gatorade?

Ive been lazy and take gatorade or bodyarmour to my workouts and soccer games.

Also, do you guys see more gains when taking protein shake before workout or after workout.
Science says it doesnt matter but wondering if you guys have anecdotal evidence that one is better.

Also, do you guys see more gains when taking protein shake before workout or after workout.
Science says it doesnt matter but wondering if you guys have anecdotal evidence that one is better.

kinda sorta, i’ll mix some (generic) pedialyte, some collagen protein, beet root &/or citrulline before activity…but only water, if anything during…

I only do water during workouts, and due to years of Muay Thai I’ve done I do very little water during my workout :lol: I actually have to remind myself to drink water when I’m lifting.

I’m also someone who would rather have a “content” hunger when I workout.. or at worst a fasted stomach / empty stomach. I don’t like anything near a full stomach at all when I work out. So protein shakes would be after for me.

See i get headaches when I dont drink gatorade or body armour after 1hr plus work outs or playing soccer (90min).

'Gatorade and Sports Drinks are thought to be superior over water in helping headaches that are caused by dehydration because it is able to rehydrate you more efficiently 12. Sports drinks also consistsof carbohydrates and electrolytes, which facilitate fluid absorption in your body. Sodium, an essential electrolyte found in sports drinks like Gatorade, help you keep fluid in your body instead of losing it by urination.
According to the Gatorade Sports Science Institute, the presence of carbohydrates allows the fluid to be absorbed seven times faster than if you were to just consume water 2. It should take approximately an hour for you to start feeling better after drinking 16 oz. of Gatorade, but you should continue to consume more of the sports drink beyond the time that you start to feel better.
It’s suggested that you sip the drink slowly to prevent your stomach from becoming water-logged."

The ingredients in sports drinks arent great. It looks like I just need the sodium and sugar sports drinks provide.

See i get headaches when I dont drink gatorade or body armour after 1hr plus work outs or playing soccer (90min).

'Gatorade and Sports Drinks are thought to be superior over water in helping headaches that are caused by dehydration because it is able to rehydrate you more efficiently 12. Sports drinks also consistsof carbohydrates and electrolytes, which facilitate fluid absorption in your body. Sodium, an essential electrolyte found in sports drinks like Gatorade, help you keep fluid in your body instead of losing it by urination.
According to the Gatorade Sports Science Institute, the presence of carbohydrates allows the fluid to be absorbed seven times faster than if you were to just consume water 2. It should take approximately an hour for you to start feeling better after drinking 16 oz. of Gatorade, but you should continue to consume more of the sports drink beyond the time that you start to feel better.
It’s suggested that you sip the drink slowly to prevent your stomach from becoming water-logged."

The ingredients in sports drinks arent great. It looks like I just need the sodium and sugar sports drinks provide.

it could definitely be that you aren’t adequately fueled or hydrated for such sustained activity if you are consistently having that happen…also one way to judge if you actually need to re-up your electrolytes is if after your activity your dried sweaty clothing has apparent ‘salt stains’ in them

only agree halfway.

unless you powerlift or do strongman, the deadlift isnt worth it.

not because of risk to reward ratio, though. if you have **** form or youre ego lifting, thats on the lifter, not the exercise. and most deadlift injuries happen because of form issues.

the reason why I dont think the deadlift is worth it for people who dont compete is because its just too fatiguing. it takes a huge toll on your CNS and body to the point where your other lifts will suffer and at that point your workout isnt optimal.

I'd at least do some light to moderate Romanian deadlifts for lower back and grip strength. No sense in going hard on deadlifts if you ain't a power lifter though.

I usually do front squats and Romanian deallifts in one workout. It ain't too bad. I'm not going super hardcore though on the RDLS.

all i know is i’d rather fail at a deadlift than a squat, & fail at squat to me is more preferable over a bench press failed lift…i think one could make the argument that most barbell movements don’t have all that much utility over free weights/machines compared to the risks involved with failure if injury is of primary concern…it probably is the case that ego lifting combined with incorrect form/breaking down of form likely is a big contributing factor for injuries in the gym

arguably the whole endeavor of exercise/weight training, despite the well documented benefits, is a very odd from a ‘naturalistic’ perspective and it doesn’t necessarily translate to being productive/useful in the modern context. it is a voluntary choice and since barbell movements do have advantages there will always be some who will want that utility; but it is somewhat arbitrary which exercises come in & out of favor/popularity for the general masses

My arthritis been acting up BAD. I try and keep a high protein diet because I’m trying to build testosterone being over 40. Red meat & shell fish are my **** but it triggers my gout.

The issues with your gout... and arthritis... probably correlate with emotional issues...within your ROOT CHAKRA.

IMO... the net step in your evolution... is giving up the red meat and fish.

Our bodies are our vehicles... and our food is our fuel. At the pump... there is only 93, 89, and 87. If your car is designed to maximize its potential on only 93... you shouldn't be putting in any 89 or 87 in it. I feel like we are all going to eventually learn that things like red meat and shellfish are bad fuel... and we are going to eventually eat more of less.... leading to maximum performance of our vehicles/bodies.

The issues with your gout... and arthritis... probably correlate with emotional issues...within your ROOT CHAKRA.

IMO... the net step in your evolution... is giving up the red meat and fish.

Our bodies are our vehicles... and our food is our fuel. At the pump... there is only 93, 89, and 87. If your car is designed to maximize its potential on only 93... you shouldn't be putting in any 89 or 87 in it. I feel like we are all going to eventually learn that things like red meat and shellfish are bad fuel... and we are going to eventually eat more of less.... leading to maximum performance of our vehicles/bodies.

as much as we don’t know & is unexplainable about how our bodies & the way it connects to our mind/thinking (placebo effect/positive affect and such), when i hear/read/see people talking foods being ‘bad’ or ‘good’ in absolute terms, which is quite common these days, it is a bit like the above discussion about who ‘should’ deadlift, without really putting thing into proper context…fact is some stuff is relative & some is stuff can be general, individuals will need to figure out when to apply the former over the latter & vice versa

to that point what is maximum performance of our bodies, when we are rather removed from our ‘natural’ way of living from which we evolved? should we maximize for that from which we evolved or for what we currently exist in today, wherein most people outside of their jobs (if that) are relatively sedentary? and thinking about our evolution, was our food optimal then or did we develop/evolve to optimize whatever food was available? the same way some thrive on a diet of red meat & shellfish, some may not & have better outcomes with out it…

as much as we don’t know & is unexplainable about how our bodies & the way it connects to our mind/thinking (placebo effect/positive affect and such), when i hear/read/see people talking foods being ‘bad’ or ‘good’ in absolute terms, which is quite common these days, it is a bit like the above discussion about who ‘should’ deadlift, without really putting thing into proper context…fact is some stuff is relative & some is stuff can be general, individuals will need to figure out when to apply the former over the latter & vice versa

to that point what is maximum performance of our bodies, when we are rather removed from our ‘natural’ way of living from which we evolved? should we maximize for that from which we evolved or for what we currently exist in today, wherein most people outside of their jobs (if that) are relatively sedentary? and thinking about our evolution, was our food optimal then or did we develop/evolve to optimize whatever food was available? the same way some thrive on a diet of red meat & shellfish, some may not & have better outcomes with out it…

A lot that we did not used to know... is now very explainable.
A lot of us have just been very misinformed.
Simply put... a lot of us have been told that certain things are food... when they simply are not.
Food is emotion.
Emotion = Energy in Motion
Our bodies are able to break down, digest, and remove limited amounts of bad fuel/emotion/food.. for a while.
Unconsciously... sometimes our bodies do not want to digest the "food" we have eaten... making us sick.
If people eat all bad food... fuel/emotion/food... the body will not digest it... and people will have no energy.
Instead of us putting fuel/food/emotion in our bodies that we have to recover from... after being properly informed... I believe that people are going to only take in fuel/emotion/food that only helps the body thrive.

We all know that plants absorb water. We all know that plants include light. We know that if we put a plant in our bodies... the light from it will break down, absorb, and release old fuel/emotion/fuel that is in us... leaving only light and water inside of us as our fuel.
When our bodies do not have to digest anything... it becomes fluid... and we have a lot of energy in motion that enables us to do a lot of things. If our bodies have to constantly have to digest and function on bad fuel... we become less fluid... more stagnant... have less energy... and cannot do as much.

I feel like food is going to be the next and biggest evolution and revolution.
We have to stop eating other animals as food.
If people continue to participate in a system that perpetuates(PER-PET-YOU -ATE) the killing of animals... I believe that people will continue to be punished emotionally and physically.
If we eat from the heart of the earth...we gain heart... and clean emotion... without having to eat or digest death... in the form of dead sick animals.

Last edited:

one of the craziest competition I've ever seen yesterday.

Ashton (US 110kg champ) vs Keenan (110kg S. Korea champ)

Squat: 794lbs (tied)

Bench: 480lbs (Keenan) 451lbs (Ashton)

Deadlift: 843lbs (Ashton) 816lbs (Keenan)

Total: 2089lbs - TIE.

Tie breaker is whoever weigh in lighter, which was Ashton so he got the win.

Ashton actually passed out after his second deadlift and still recovered and hit his third. Crazy

Last edited:
i think i finally figured out what my leg issue(s) might be courtesy of the youtube algorithm, any one here ever dealt with it (Iliotibial) band issues? getting back to jumping:

Any of y’all remember the 🐐 Jason Genova? :rofl:
I was hitting arms yesterday and randomly started saying the pump is sick it’s piss it’s revolting it’s insulting :rofl:

Yeah, Joe Defranco had this one, ice water, lemon juice, pink Himalayan salt, and stevia

I got asked if I would teach this older man some boxing yesterday, offered to pay me.

I said I’d do half hours once or twice a week for $40 / sesh

He said that’s cool let’s set up a day to start, he doesn’t wanna learn anything too in depth just wants to learn punches and wants to practice. Easy enough.

Made me feel good, hopefully I’m a decent teacher :lol:

Bought these babies a few days ago...gonna refinish them over the weekend.
PXL_20220830_220142842.jpg

Back
Top Bottom