STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

we’re gonna just call it what it is, man has an eating disorder

My eating is "disordered" but Im not sure it fits anywhere in the DSM 5 classically. It isnt particularly distressing anymore now that its just become what I do.

Im just mimicking behaviors of living in a society without excess....while having access to the most lavish meals. There are some principles of Buddhism and finding clarity through deprivation thrown in there....but the end goal is overall health.

If I start sticking my finger down my throat you'll be the first to hear about it. :lol:

depends on what is being recovered from…from what i’ve read & seen about the cold therapies is much of the benefits (especially at the exposures most would be using) are to be able to suppress inflammation/pain in order to be able to train, return to play games in sport…for actual injuries, that cold slows inflammation kinda delays the natural healing process…heard good things about red light therapy & infared saunas…

what made you try cryotherapy tho?
I torn my Achilles and had a friend ( he was on the clippers staff at the time) that told me to give it a try. I was told I wouldn’t get back to regular running and training for a 8-12mo ( iirc) and I was back after 6 so I figured it was due to be doing cryo two times a day. Since then I just made it part of my monthly routine and the inferred sauna came later.

I just recently started looking into getting a cold plunge because the cryo is $199mo and I’m not home as much as I’d like to be due to work and kids

Dude can't even see it for what it is either.
francis.png

Eat a "cheat meal" i.e. a little bit of food after starving yourself 3 days a week, brehs.

Stomach prolly hates your *** like
feedme.png

it’s clear he has a very toxic relationship with food. it’s fine to indulge. you can’t work it off after it already happened just accept and move on or do t do it to begin with. eat whole healthy food. man is literally playin chicken with calories while doing hours of cardio

Prolly be able to eat more if he cut a lot of the LISS cardio out and actually lifted weights.
sass2.png

He is my fasting bro and I am one of the advocates of different strokes for different folks in here but I honestly don’t get it :lol: I have been losing weight with IF so even if you want to get cut, I can’t imagine healthily bulking on IF.

And 2.5 hours of cardio and heavy reps doesn’t seem like it would help either.

Idk, man.

He is my fasting bro and I am one of the advocates of different strokes for different folks in here but I honestly don’t get it :lol: I have been losing weight with IF so even if you want to get cut, I can’t imagine healthily bulking on IF.

And 2.5 hours of cardio and heavy reps doesn’t seem like it would help either.

Idk, man.

I "bulked up" this week, mentioned it earlier. People I roll with have mentioned that I look more muscular (pause).

Im just trying to get cut along with the buffness "eye test". Its a delicate game im playing with my body but there are certain things I dont compromise which are fasting and cardio.

Went heavy on weight and kept the reps to 15 today. I achieved the results I wanted this week which are strength and endurance and a 6 pack.

I torn my Achilles and had a friend ( he was on the clippers staff at the time) that told me to give it a try. I was told I wouldn’t get back to regular running and training for a 8-12mo ( iirc) and I was back after 6 so I figured it was due to be doing cryo two times a day. Since then I just made it part of my monthly routine and the inferred sauna came later.

I just recently started looking into getting a cold plunge because the cryo is $199mo and I’m not home as much as I’d like to be due to work and kids

Perhaps different injury types respond to cryo differently. Perhaps the cryo didn't help at all and you're just Wolverine.
jbhmmm.png

When I was getting injections for a damaged piece of cartilage, I was specifically told not to take any NSAIDs for the pain because the therapies were designed to induce inflammation.

Cartilage is notorious for taking longer to heal than other tissues which are supplied blood, so I wonder if that makes a difference.

ah, lots variables to achilles injuries…age, degree of the tear, how much loading is being done…it could be that doing cryo 2x daily (😮‍💨😮‍💨 😮‍💨) might have allowed you to offset pain enough that you were able to dull pain signaling just enough to put a bit more load onto that achilles than without? along with whatever else you were doing…

i ruptured/tore my achilles @ 35 didn’t go to the er or see a doc 🤦🏿‍♂️…just limped around everywhere for a couple months & was back on the court in2 months (limited of course) but was shooting jump shots on it @ 3 months & playing (very stupid that i did this tho) by midway into the 4th month 😬…looking back it’s probably due to not really having a big tear & that i didnt immobilize the injury for that long & continued to load whatever capacity i had; at least that’s my bro science explanation 😮‍💨😂

Last edited:
Perhaps different injury types respond to cryo differently. Perhaps the cryo didn't help at all and you're just Wolverine.
jbhmmm.png

When I was getting injections for a damaged piece of cartilage, I was specifically told not to take any NSAIDs for the pain because the therapies were designed to induce inflammation.

Cartilage is notorious for taking longer to heal than other tissues which are supplied blood, so I wonder if that makes a difference.

Platelet rich plasma?

Im just trying to get cut along with the buffness "eye test". Its a delicate game im playing with my body but there are certain things I dont compromise which are fasting and cardio.

I certainly agree with the bolded which is why it is hard to comprehend :lol: I do ~24 hour from Saturday to Sunday (my rest day) but would absolutely die if I had to it 3 days per weekAND workout on those days so salute to you 🫡

Went heavy on weight and kept the reps to 15 today. I achieved the results I wanted this week which are strength and endurance and a 6 pack.

This part threw me for a loop doe. I can kind of see how “strength and endurance” could be goals for a week (more weight/reps, longer cardio sessions/sprints without stopping, etc). But a weekly goal for a 6pack is wild and so is claiming to have achieved it in said week. Not sure how quickly your body is cutting fat but even with/without supps, that is incredible

I certainly agree with the bolded which is why it is hard to comprehend :lol: I do ~24 hour from Saturday to Sunday (my rest day) but would absolutely die if I had to it 3 days per weekAND workout on those days so salute to you 🫡

This part threw me for a loop doe. I can kind of see how “strength and endurance” could be goals for a week (more weight/reps, longer cardio sessions/sprints without stopping, etc). But a weekly goal for a 6pack is wild and so is claiming to have achieved it in said week. Not sure how quickly your body is cutting fat but even with/without supps, that is incredible

I Should say Im testing said goals out on the mat. Its somewhat subjective. I just feel stronger....bad shoulder aside which Im actually trying to compensate for by working other muscles.

Dude im in my mid/late 30s a 6 pack isnt a given. :lol: :smh:

🤔 it just doesn’t align, man talks about the benefits of fasting but combining it with prolonged fasts with hella cardio & grappling/wrasslin’ AND frequent (by his admission) boughts of either eating insufficient & questionable calories carelessly…but then wonders why man is achy, atrophied, not getting (again by his words) the gainz™️ he is after and frequently injured…but then says in a weeks time ‘goal accomplished’

🤣🤣🤣 not taking anything guy is saying serious in regards to diet/fitness, but it’s worth the ensuing banter/jokes (🤌🏿🤌🏿🤌🏿) to lob out a superficial analysis/critique 🤷🏿‍♂️

🤔 it just doesn’t align, man talks about the benefits of fasting but combining it with prolonged fasts with hella cardio & grappling/wrasslin’ AND frequent (by his admission) boughts of either eating insufficient & questionable calories carelessly…but then wonders why man is achy, atrophied, not getting (again by his words) the gainz™️ he is after and frequently injured…but then says in a weeks time ‘goal accomplished’

🤣🤣🤣 not taking anything guy is saying serious in regards to diet/fitness, but it’s worth the ensuing banter/jokes (🤌🏿🤌🏿🤌🏿) to lob out a superficial analysis/critique 🤷🏿‍♂️

The benefits of fasting go beyond weight loss. Im not giving that up. Im trying to find a way to fit it into my other fitness goals and its been fun in a challenging way.

Im achy because injuries happen when youre actively trying to snap other peoples shoulders and elbows. I know people think we are in there mounting each other for no reason but injuries are common.....plus baseline getting old. I need to hit Lebron up.

download (16).jpeg

The benefits of fasting go beyond weight loss. Im not giving that up. Im trying to find a way to fit it into my other fitness goals and its been fun in a challenging way.

Im achy because injuries happen when youre actively trying to snap other peoples shoulders and elbows. I know people think we are in there mounting each other for no reason but injuries are common.....plus baseline getting old. I need to hit Lebron up.

download (16).jpeg

just a guess but i’m willing to bet that bron actually eats food in a manner/on schedule, that you know, nourishes & replenishes his body in order to perform as close to optimal as possible…that you are supposedly engaged in a combat sport (where being properly fueled & hydrated is of massive importance in relation to performance for things like fluidity of joints, muscles, & reaction time) & doing regular extended fasts just doesn’t make sense, especially on days that you train, but then on top of that you say you do multiple dumb reps sets & multiple instances of long cardio, on top of doing a sport where inflicting discomfort is the goal…and seemingly not really even eating clean; it’s just not adding up b…it’s entertaining tho 😂

just a guess but i’m willing to bet that bron actually eats food in a manner/on schedule, that you know, nourishes & replenishes his body in order to perform as close to optimal as possible…that you are supposedly engaged in a combat sport (where being properly fueled & hydrated is of massive importance in relation to performance for things like fluidity of joints, muscles, & reaction time) & doing regular extended fasts just doesn’t make sense, especially on days that you train, but then on top of that you say you do multiple dumb reps sets & multiple instances of long cardio, on top of doing a sport where inflicting discomfort is the goal…and seemingly not really even eating clean; it’s just not adding up b…it’s entertaining tho 😂

He eats food on schedule and it works for him. Hes also a pro athlete who spends millions on his body and still has groin and foot issues. There are athletes who fast for various reasons and it works for them.

The rep sets i do simulate a cardiac and endurance workout eg. Like working on a row machine. I dont want to just put on mass without definition.

I eat very clean. I just treat myself every now and then because food be good. There are people who eat those waffles I posted every day and its like a once in 6 months treat for me. For someone with my general caloric intake to burn ratio I can get away with doing that occasionally.

This is the fittest ive been in a long time and it was triggered by me decided to fast every week, Im not trying to shake things up too much. Just hit 20 hours:pimp:

...got a ***** tawook waiting for me. Will reset the clock after in the afternoon.

Screenshot_20230923_050710_Clock.jpg

when I was doing cold therapy, that was the leanest and healthiest I had ever been. I did cold swims outdoors during the fall and close to winter season. body feels refreshed and I could see my body was trying to adapt to the cold trying to maintain warmth. I was virtually "smoking" once I got off the pool and didn't feel cold at all. the initial dip though is the toughest part and you must get moving asap.

jbhmmm.png

it depends on the type of injury but cold therapy as far as my personal experience goes helped hasten my recovery (ACL, torn gastroc muscle, pinched nerves on my C5, dislocated shoulder. got a lot of NSAIDs (naproxen in particular) at home (5 prescription bottles) that I never used during my injuries. they said they are nasty on your liver. so I never took them and had to bear the pain. cold therapy helped me get thru.

ah, lots variables to achilles injuries…age, degree of the tear, how much loading is being done…it could be that doing cryo 2x daily (😮‍💨😮‍💨 😮‍💨) might have allowed you to offset pain enough that you were able to dull pain signaling just enough to put a bit more load onto that achilles than without? along with whatever else you were doing…

i ruptured/tore my achilles @ 35 didn’t go to the er or see a doc 🤦🏿‍♂️…just limped around everywhere for a couple months & was back on the court in2 months (limited of course) but was shooting jump shots on it @ 3 months & playing (very stupid that i did this tho) by midway into the 4th month 😬…looking back it’s probably due to not really having a big tear & that i didnt immobilize the injury for that long & continued to load whatever capacity i had; at least that’s my bro science explanation 😮‍💨😂
I never had my ACL treated for 10 years til it finally totally broke off. it happened during the weirdest circumstance. was just sitting infront of the computer and stood up then heard a pop. next thing I knew I couldn't even extend my knee. although in those years prior to surgery, my knee condition was getting worse and was just walking it off thinking it was just arthritis. it gets painful after every game or from a sitting position to standing up after a few hours/minutes.

Anyone in here ever tried any of the “protein cereals”? I saw a host of them today
IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

They had more flavors of each too. I ended up copping this
IMG_2891.jpeg

Just something to new add to my Sunday recovery bowls in lieu of the Kashi/granola I was using l. Will report byke tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom