STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone in here ever tried any of the “protein cereals”? I saw a host of them today
IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

They had more flavors of each too. I ended up copping this
IMG_2891.jpeg

Just something to new add to my Sunday recovery bowls in lieu of the Kashi/granola I was using l. Will report byke tomorrow

i’ve tried magic spoon, it’s pretty good, tried a couple flavors. it does have a bit of an after taste but not too bad

Anyone in here ever tried any of the “protein cereals”? I saw a host of them today
IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

Just something to new add to my Sunday recovery bowls in lieu of the Kashi/granola I was using l. Will report byke tomorrow

took a chance on the keto joint also bought the magic spoon chocolate puffs at the same time for comparison both were disgusting to me 😮‍💨…i should have known i wasn’t going to like them tho, not the biggest fan of chocolate flavored cereals other than coco puffs and i wasn’t using milk rather a vanilla flavored protein drink/shake…the magic spoon ‘fruity loops’ type flavor was cool valid, still keep it stocked on lazy day for a easy/quick 40+ g of protein combined w/said vanilla protein drink

IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

Cereal is another one of those things I only eat occassionally as a treat but if this doesnt taste like my cats meow mix I would add it to my break fast period.

Those boxes are hilarious. Looks like something you'd see on adult swim

It definitely does. I glanced right past it thinking it was some **** for kids until I saw the protein amount per serving :lol:
i’ve tried magic spoon, it’s pretty good, tried a couple flavors. it does have a bit of an after taste but not too bad

took a chance on the keto joint also bought the magic spoon chocolate puffs at the same time for comparison both were disgusting to me 😮‍💨…i should have known i wasn’t going to like them tho, not the biggest fan of chocolate flavored cereals other than coco puffs and i wasn’t using milk rather a vanilla flavored protein drink/shake…the magic spoon ‘fruity loops’ type flavor was cool valid, still keep it stocked on lazy day for a easy/quick 40+ g of protein combined w/said vanilla protein drink

Thanks for the recommendations and feedback bros! I mix it with so much other stuff that I truly may not get true flavor profile tomorrow but ima def have a bowl one day for proper comparison. As tokes said doe, it’s all about da protein

Cereal is another one of those things I only eat occassionally as a treat but if this doesnt taste like my cats meow mix I would add it to my break fast period.

Cereal is one of my favorite “indulgences” along with ice cream. I just use it mixed in my bowls now but there were/are nights where I will get hungry for a snack and think about going for some. I don’t keep a ton of milk though so that keeps me away. I just have some almond/oat milk or whatever that I use exclusively for my recovery bowls.

there are only 2 cereals that I can tolerate to eat. the Tony the Tiger cornflakes and Garnett's favorite.

never been a cereal type…before buying the magic spoon stuff it had to have been more than a decade since even buying a box of cereal, even then it was a rarity because the milk would go bad (only kept milk for cereal & maybe cookies) long before i actually would get to the cereal 🤣🤣🤣

since we been speaking on diets so much, does anyone do meal prep or use a meal prep service? i was in point during the lockdown(s) when i could just multitask cooking & working but been slacking since

Ain't you beat up and struggling yourself? Can't be calling other folks washed.

You might wanna give yourself one so you can train without pain.
sass1.png

Either way,
Ice-up-son GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

As I think about it, the thread turning on deus has been building up for a few weeks. It all started with the high rep workouts then the OD cardio then the fasting tipped the scales when it was all put together :lol:

storm2006 storm2006 high fiber content on those keto cereals so just take that into account. I got some magic spoon in my cabinet now though. Can hit with some almobd milk or similar milk substitute for a tasty cereal-esque snack with minimal impact carbs

IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

No, I stick with my Cap'n Crunch/Lucky Charms/Fruity Pebbles/Frosted Flakes when I buy cereals (not very often).

I can't do low-sugar cereals (except Kix) for anything, I can't imagine doing 0 sugar.
hubie.png

IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

I have been buying magic spoon for my 11yr old for about 8 months now. The best part is it is now at Walmart so I don’t have to keep waiting on shipping, bad part is it is very expensive for how much cereal you get. As an adult I would say you only get about 2-3 bowls, as a kid probably more like 5-6 bowls.

Ain't you beat up and struggling yourself? Can't be calling other folks washed.

You might wanna give yourself one so you can train without pain.
sass1.png

Either way,
Ice-up-son GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Im not at the injecting anything into my joints and tendons point. Too young to cross that threshold. Pain is temporary, pride is forever. Those injections are not benign and I treat them as a last resort. My mom is getting knee shots to hold her off until a knee replacement. A lot of the joint injections I do are just for temporary relief but can cause further damage if done too frequently. Im not ready.

eye started twitching after dumbbell routine. maxed out 5 reps. was trippin trippin. took couple deep breath and went back to normal :lol:

Im not at the injecting anything into my joints and tendons point. Too young to cross that threshold. Pain is temporary, pride is forever. Those injections are not benign and I treat them as a last resort. My mom is getting knee shots to hold her off until a knee replacement. A lot of the joint injections I do are just for temporary relief but can cause further damage if done too frequently. Im not ready.

I got [redacted] and went on to squat over 500 pounds. Haven't had knee problems since.
unimpressed.png

I also had plenty of calories to fuel growth and recovery.
shaq.png

I got [redacted] and went on to squat over 500 pounds. Haven't had knee problems since.
unimpressed.png

I also had plenty of calories to fuel growth and recovery.
shaq.png

i wish you the best but eating doesnt magically mend internal derangement. In fact weight loss and guided focused exercises (which is what physical therapy is based on) are go to non-operative recommendations for many musculoskeletal problems.

I used to have back pain, thats pretty much gone now since I started doing a lot of cardio and core exercises.

IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

nice! used to get off brand fiber cereal at 99 cent store. bulk up and boo boo
You good bro? Was it too much caffeine?
i'm straight. just weird. haven't repped 85s in a minute.

i wish you the best but eating doesnt magically mend internal derangement. In fact weight loss and guided focused exercises (which is what physical therapy is based on) are go to non-operative recommendations for many musculoskeletal problems.

I used to have back pain, thats pretty much gone now since I started doing a lot of cardio and core exercises.

I had internal derangement that went away as soon as I started squatting.
yeshrug.png

Everyone ITT except for you seems to understand the value of eating food to fuel athletic performance.

All that PT exercise/elliptical/light jogging crap they had me doing did next to nothing, but SL 5x5, as prescribed by Dr. Mehdi, brought me out of the darkness of scrawniness and injury and into the brolic light of the gym gawds.
SS3-Blessed.png

Eating food did in fact magically allow me to lift progressively heavier weights and grow.
ufdup.png

But let you tell it.
yawn3.png

You're obviously content with being smaller and weaker, doing jiu-jitsu, and not getting fat, and that's cool if that's your goal, but let's not pretend that the supposed benefits of fasting are greater than those of eating for the majority of folks.
comeon.png

nice! used to get off brand fiber cereal at 99 cent store. bulk up and boo boo

i'm straight. just weird. haven't repped 85s in a minute.
Keep at it little buddy.
troll.png

I'm about to touch hundreds in the next week or so.
mjgrin.png

But fr, I seriously hate DBs.

Back
Top Bottom