STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I watched myself and felt like my back was straight and it didn't hurt outside of a little lower back soreness (which I feel is normal) but then I see people who look like they're lifting with all legs and makes me question my form :lol:

everybody is gonna look different based on proportions. i have long femurs so my hips sit a lot higher than someone built like a tree stump. as long as you back is neutral and your bar path is straying you’re good

fyi I didnt tan or oil up last show lol

Somebody said something about posing a couple of pages back.... you just gotta devote your time after or before or just make a seperate day just to perfect your technique when it comes to posing. Having a posing coach also helps.... you can look at youtube videos all day but that only does so much.

recently stumbled deeper into the body building portion of youtube…didn’t realize, i guess like most things, it is a world onto itself…also didn’t know how big a deal posing was & how difficult it can be

I am doing my best to get in 20mi of trail running a month, right now I am at 13mi and my legs are completely dead from my cardio workout this morning …..

Row 5000M
Treadmill 30min incline workout ( 400cal)
Assault bike ( 100cal )

Admittedly I’m dead tired and fully recognize I’m in the #extrahusky club or as deusavertat deusavertat would say…..fatty lol

I watched myself and felt like my back was straight and it didn't hurt outside of a little lower back soreness (which I feel is normal) but then I see people who look like they're lifting with all legs and makes me question my form :lol:

I'm not DonRafa DonRafa obviously but I've had folks critique my DL form several times.

None of them were 3+x BW pullers so I dismiss them and KIM. Try not to question your form based off theirs.

is there consideration for knowledge & proficiency? i imagine there are some bodybuilders who never really ‘lift heavy’ for whom could, ostensibly, be very technically capable of doing so but don’t ever because it doesn’t align w/the goal(s)?

No. You can either lift a certain weight or you can't. That's all these labels denote. It doesn't matter how big you are or how much you know.
comeon.png

What you just asked is like the IRS taxing folks off of earning potential. Imagine owing money back every year because you could've earned more but didn't. Folks in a coma would wake up and go directly to jail.
mjlol.png

The BBers that don't lift heavy aren't considered any stronger than folks that don't bodybuild and lift the same plates, because they're not. Maximal strength is a perishable skill and you don't maintain it without practicing.

man had at least 2 more reps in him

must feel :pimp: stuntin on the youngins

Bu but but kenb504 kenb504 and the rest of NikeTalk said pulling 4 plates as a (presumably) not 90 year old 185 lbs. man was uber impressive.
troll.png

Imagine pulling up to the gym with your gym bag, couple pairs of shoes, some #POWDA flowing through you, getting out the car with some new Metcons on your feet. You walk inside, you pull up to the platform, start working up. You go to 100% and hit 405 for a grinder. Then imagine hitting the
jawalrus.png
face when with your four wheel max seeing if all the baddies peeped your pull and Great-Grandpa Joes comes in, loads up the same weight, and eats for reps.
picard.png

I am doing my best to get in 20mi of trail running a month, right now I am at 13mi and my legs are completely dead from my cardio workout this morning …..

Row 5000M
Treadmill 30min incline workout ( 400cal)
Assault bike ( 100cal )

Admittedly I’m dead tired and fully recognize I’m in the #extrahusky club or as deusavertat deusavertat would say…..fatty lol

Good job. I dont call people "fatty." Its insensitive.

Chonk, thicc, fat, chubby, rotund, robust, plump.....yes, but not fatty.

Last edited:
Imagine pulling up to the gym with your gym bag, couple pairs of shoes, some #POWDA flowing through you, getting out the car with some new Metcons on your feet. You walk inside, you pull up to the platform, start working up. You go to 100% and hit 405 for a grinder. Then imagine
😂😂😂 not everybody in the gym taking up space with a gym bag, gallon of water and multiple pairs of shoes just to do a couple DLs & slam our weight belts on the ground after every set

😂😂😂 not everybody in the gym taking up space with a gym bag, gallon of water and multiple pairs of shoes just to do a couple DLs & slam our weight belts on the ground after every set

Me neither, since I don't bring water to the gym.
Gym-Kermit.png

All the Weaks and the Fats having low standards means the gym fans and brawds that lift are all the more impressed by the dudes that do all that.

This is The Whey.
Mando-Blessed-removebg-preview.png

Any good protein bars on the market? Prefer something with some texture rather than a slab of goop like quest bars
Are quest still good? Haven’t bought any bars in a minute

Back
Top Bottom