STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hit 315 for a double on flat bench

First go at it the spotter grabbed the bar…..

Had to get swole old head in there for next one

Where are we sending the funeral arrangements for Spotter #1 to?
birdman2.png

I have been going on really long walks lately.

Yesterday I walked to HEB, Dollar Tree, and got mashed potatoes at Popeye's.

I left the house at 11 am and got home at 6pm.

The total trip was about 20 miles.

After long walks like that... my mind feels really clear and refreshed.

strained my other hamstring today…a bad ending to an otherwise great session hit an unexpected pr on bench, 275 didn’t feel that heavy got it once w/a spot & it was so easy i went for another without a spot, got froggy and failed 300 tho…probably no jumping or lower body stuff for the next few weeks for me 😔

strained my other hamstring today…a bad ending to an otherwise great session hit an unexpected pr on bench, 275 didn’t feel that heavy got it once w/a spot & it was so easy i went for another without a spot, got froggy and failed 300 tho…probably no jumping or lower body stuff for the next few weeks for me 😔

At least you paid the Iron Price.
francis.png

I’m pretty limited in what I can do for legs because of my knee, but I did a kettlebell workout the other day that involved a bunch of squats and man I’m toast right now :lol: especially my hamstrings. Haven’t been able to hit my legs like that in 4-5 years.. I think moving forward I’m just gonna pop some ibuprofen pre workout and just deal with it. My right leg is legit half the size of my left so I gotta catch up

I’m pretty limited in what I can do for legs because of my knee, but I did a kettlebell workout the other day that involved a bunch of squats and man I’m toast right now :lol: especially my hamstrings. Haven’t been able to hit my legs like that in 4-5 years.. I think moving forward I’m just gonna pop some ibuprofen pre workout and just deal with it. My right leg is legit half the size of my left so I gotta catch up

uh, don't do this...i mean maybe every so often if there's a need (maybe on a day you're trying to test to strength), but doing so is counterproductive as using ibuprofen beforehand would basically make it harder to build muscle because it does something like blunting/impacting inflammation which is somewhat related to the muscle building process...

if you're trying to address imbalances, start & end with the weaker side and let that side dictate the reps and/or even do less reps w/the stronger side...no need to rushlet muscle memory do it's thing

uh, don't do this...i mean maybe every so often if there's a need (maybe on a day you're trying to test to strength), but doing so is counterproductive as using ibuprofen beforehand would basically make it harder to build muscle because it does something like blunting/impacting inflammation which is somewhat related to the muscle building process...

if you're trying to address imbalances, start & end with the weaker side and let that side dictate the reps and/or even do less reps w/the stronger side...no need to rushlet muscle memory do it's thing
Meh
Ill be alright
I’m like 4 years into dealing with my knee. Gotta do what I gotta do sometimes :lol:

you might not have to but #itiswhatitis, what happened to your knee tho?
Long story so
Still an even more condensed version lol
Basically one day I just woke up and my knee was the size of a grapefruit and I was in the worst pain of my life. months go by and I still don’t go to the doctor because I thought it would pass but I got to the point where I could barely walk, I didn’t have the strength to kick my bed sheet up anymore. I had to go up and down stairs 1 at a time. Moving my foot from the gas pedal to the brake was painful..I was taking like 800-1000mg of ibuprofen just to be able to get around.. more months pass after going to PT and now the same thing spread to a few of toes and my thumb. Turns out it’s rheumatoid arthritis caused by a very mild case of psoriasis I’ve always had.. leading up to this point in my life I was super stressed, depressed, anxious, and I was having really bad stomach problems, which I know now were all warning signs and contributing factors to it. 1 out of 3 people who have psoriasis get RA, it’s something that might have happened to me later in life but even with my very mild case, due to my mental and physical state leading up to it I’m not surprised it happened.
I have it under control now but it’s something chronic I’ll unfortunately most likely always be dealing with. This all started at the end of 2018 into 2019, knock on wood the worst times are in the past

I lost everything athletic during this period. all my strength, stamina, balance, flexibility, etc. Gone.
but I’ve been back in the gym for almost a year now and I’m happy with my progress. I was basically starting from zero. I need to do like yoga and plyometric stuff

I completely get how pro athletes just suddenly lose “it”. Like I fully get Fernando Torres now :lol: [\spoiler]

Long story so
Still an even more condensed version lol
Basically one day I just woke up and my knee was the size of a grapefruit and I was in the worst pain of my life. months go by and I still don’t go to the doctor because I thought it would pass but I got to the point where I could barely walk, I didn’t have the strength to kick my bed sheet up anymore. I had to go up and down stairs 1 at a time. Moving my foot from the gas pedal to the brake was painful..I was taking like 800-1000mg of ibuprofen just to be able to get around.. more months pass after going to PT and now the same thing spread to a few of toes and my thumb. Turns out it’s rheumatoid arthritis caused by a very mild case of psoriasis I’ve always had.. leading up to this point in my life I was super stressed, depressed, anxious, and I was having really bad stomach problems, which I know now were all warning signs and contributing factors to it. 1 out of 3 people who have psoriasis get RA, it’s something that might have happened to me later in life but even with my very mild case, due to my mental and physical state leading up to it I’m not surprised it happened.
I have it under control now but it’s something chronic I’ll unfortunately most likely always be dealing with. This all started at the end of 2018 into 2019, knock on wood the worst times are in the past

I lost everything athletic during this period. all my strength, stamina, balance, flexibility, etc. Gone.
but I’ve been back in the gym for almost a year now and I’m happy with my progress. I was basically starting from zero. I need to do like yoga and plyometric stuff

I completely get how pro athletes just suddenly lose “it”. Like I fully get Fernando Torres now :lol: [\spoiler]

good you're seeing progress, did your doc/pt give you any recommendations on rehab and/or how to regain capabilities/strength?

shoulders rotated inward…is this your goat?!

Ole buddy weak asl. No ROM, no weight (was that a 25 lber?).
unimpressed.png

he could fasho get a deeper stretch but are y’all of the opinion that these are ‘bad’ tho?

after straining my other ‘healthy’ hamstring i thought i might have to completely chill on deadlifts & squats for minute but tested today & i think i might be good as long as i don’t go max effort 😎…still probably don’t going to do too much of either tho; going to use the time to do more accessory stuff & more upper body work hit another pr with 270x2 & 285 single on bench press 💪🏿

Im suspiciously only mildly in pain day 2 this week of training. Im tryna do 5 days and see what breaks first.

he could fasho get a deeper stretch but are y’all of the opinion that these are ‘bad’ tho?

I wouldn't call them "bad"; that's what most folks doing weighted pull-ups look like (i.e. extra-average).
scust.png

Definitely not what you'd expect from a world-renown athlete but he doesn't get paid to lift/do calisthenics with good form or heavy decent weight so
yeshrug.png

Back
Top Bottom