STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Why drink your protein with water when unsweetened almond milk makes it so much better and is only 30 calories...

:\
Water's free - almond milk costs, plus it's heavy and takes up space. I get all my groceries on my bicycle (like a real one) so I can't be buying a bunch of random extra liquids. Plus protein and water isn't hard to take down at all.

Also, I've been making a conscious effort to decrease the importance of taste in my food decisions. If you can get to the point where you prioritize nutrition to taste, you'll be a lot better off.

I used to make my protein shakes in a shaker cup. Just water and powder and shaking for 30 seconds.

Then once I tried making it in my GE rocket blender - water, powder and 2 strawberries (frozen or not) it made a world of difference. I can't go back to that shaker cup life.

Is lifting everyday bad? I feel like I'm focusing to much on my chest, bicep and triceps, every time I hit the gym.

I used to make my protein shakes in a shaker cup. Just water and powder and shaking for 30 seconds.

Then once I tried making it in my GE rocket blender - water, powder and 2 strawberries (frozen or not) it made a world of difference. I can't go back to that shaker cup life.

I also made this discovery. I can get pretty crazy with ingredients...Greek yogurt, peanut butter, spinach, ice cream at times, cottage cheese, frozen fruit, granola, oats, and more. Absolutely love blending my protein shakes....taste like something I would buy

Any tips to help me "stay in shape" while I cant work out? Since car accident lawyer and DR have me not medically cleared to do cardio etc, so I feel like I already gained 2-3 lbs since Saturday

Any tips to help me "stay in shape" while I cant work out? Since car accident lawyer and DR have me not medically cleared to do cardio etc, so I feel like I already gained 2-3 lbs since Saturday
Pretty easy - make sure your diet is on point.

Is lifting everyday bad? I feel like I'm focusing to much on my chest, bicep and triceps, every time I hit the gym.
Why are you lifting everyday?

I raise you my recipe,

ON vanilla whey protein
Unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop of almond butter
1/2 organic banana
Ice
Nutribullet

Best tasting thing ever.
You'd be better off freezing the banana and ditching the ice.

anyone else invest in a foam roller? Thinking about getting one for my shoulders and legs after crossfit.

I'm not a fan of foam rollers. After a while they do nothing. Even something like a 'rumble roller', 'grid', and all of the other gadgets lose their effectiveness after a while. The best way to take care of soft tissue health on your own is to use lacrosse balls. Self Myofascial Release(SMR) with that is very effective, more directed, and they don't wear out. You can use other sports balls (baseball, softball, tennis ball, golf ball, etc.) but they don't work as well for most areas.

If you decide on a foam roller, buy one that is 'high density' otherwise you will end up with a bumpy piece of foam after a little while.

Also, this is a resource that I highly recommend. You would be much better off buying 2 lacrosse balls and this book for the price of 1 foam roller. Its has been invaluable for me in the past when I've been training hard and tissue quality has declined. I strongly urge anyone that is serious about performance to own a copy of this book: Amazon product ASIN 1572243759
Oh, and foam rollers aren't for mobility training. They improve tissue quality (not as much as SMR with lacrosse balls, or better yet, massage) and allow for improved mobility training if you actually do mobility work afterwords. Just some food for thought...

I've wondered about there being any pods with the paleo/keto lifestyle, but always forget to :lol:

Thanks man, will definitely listen!

Also check out "The Paleo Solution" with Robb Wolf and Greg Everett. They've got over 180 episodes and they discuss more than just nutrition.

There are others, for example Chris Kresser has one, but he sounds like a robot and I can't listen/pay attention to that.
I definitely need to try something different because foam rolling doesn't do much for me.

Gonna take the weekend off, other than some light cardio. Rehab this knee and stretch.

I got jackets in L and a few L shirts, XL getting big on me, oh yea does help that I`m 6'3
You might be down to 6'2 or something when your done loosing weight....
tongue.gif

Lol, haha damn. I'm going to start having to focus more on lower body. My legs are pretty big though since I played baseball and basketball but I could work out more on them. Any tips on lower body work out?
SQUATS. 

i'm at 178 and wear a Large. Medium aint even close to fitting me. i'm short and fat though. kinda.

Last edited:
Buying smaller clothes will only motivate you to drop the weight even more in order to properly fit them, has worked for me, get a Small Lucky!

true. i had this visvim shirt i bought in japan a year ago. popped the tag and threw it on and it fit perfectly. that was a nice surprise. i bought it hoping i could fit it eventually.

bad news is that my favorite LV tee is too big now.

Last edited:
I'm getting shin splints from jumping rope. Anyone have some techniques to stop this from happening other than just days of rest?

Back
Top Bottom