STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

how do you calculate your protein shake? (amounts of water/milk and how much protein power?)

your protein powder should have instructions on the back. I think it's usually :nerd:z of liquid per scoop. My blender bottle has oz measurements on it, but I'm sure it's pretty easy to just ballpark it.

a haphazard caloric surplus will make you fat. a well planned diet, with adequate protein, is one of the key components to building muscle.

Just felt like posting a pic today for some reason, I weighed about 118 lbs as a freshman coming into college (5'6) in 2008. graduated back in Dec. But took these pics earlier this week at a little over 150. I've been, for the most part on And off for the past few years, but Ever since graduation I've been going hard as possible. I'm definitely still small, but I'm making progress.

Why drink your protein with water when unsweetened almond milk makes it so much better and is only 30 calories...

:\

Why drink your protein with water when unsweetened almond milk makes it so much better and is only 30 calories...

:\

well if you buy a good protein it tastes amazing in water plus less cals/fat especially if your cutting.

recently mixed Pronom vanilla in milk..... :wow:

thats all ill say

ya willlllllllllding.....lmaooo

almond milk is the businesssss...ya need to add that scoop of almond buttter on top...lol

that vanilla cupcake batter pronom is tasty - very sweet.

i seriously question not being able to fit 1 cup of skim milk, let alone 1 cup of almond milk into your macros - even if you are cutting. the only way i can see that is if you're drinking more than 2 shakes a day. maybe i'm just biased becauseto me, compared to milk, protein in water is crap :lol:

I don't think I've ever been this excited to hit the gym as I am tomorrow morning! It's so damn hard to eat healthy while on vacation and you're out all day! Back to the grind tomorrow and I can't wait!

If you don't use a foam roller pre and post workout, you're doing yourself a disservice in your mobility. If you're sore, it works it out real fast.

As for eggs, I have 8 ounces liquid egg whites and 1 full egg. It works out to ~195 calories and isn't near filling enough. If liquid egg whites weren't so expensive, I'd crush a whole lot more. Add some real light seasoning and salsa/Tabasco, and it's absolutely delicious.

So if I eat 250g of protein a day, does my body use it all? I'm tryin to get BIG.

That's a loaded question: there are many factors that dictate the effects it will have on you. Hormonal profile, digestive health, protein quality, training load, training age, recovery, bodyweight, body fat percentage, meal timing, etc. all affect the results you would see. Don't get me wrong, protein is necessary for increasing muscle mass, but it is slightly more complicated than eat protein and train.

There is a difference between absorption and utilization. You can absorb more protein than you can utilize per unit of time. Amino acids can be metabolized for energy, so excess will be converted to glucose for energy. This is part of the reason that I am no longer a fan of Intermittent Fasting.

Of course, there are ways to slow down digestion, and therefore, absorption rates. For example, eating fat will slow gastric emptying, digestion, and absorption. This can be particularly useful in night-time meals for people that train hard, regularly (religiously, not for that take time off frequently).

Last edited:
^ Basically.

And protein won't make you big. YOUR body can only process so much protein unless you on that cell tech.

A caloric surplus will make you big
eating 250g of protein isnt gonna make you big
laugh.gif

work out hard and eat a lot and you will get big. Protein is a plus but its not what will actually make you big
....I know that you gotta eat BIG to get BIG guys, I was halfway kidding but just wanted to know if that eating a large amount of protein went to waste or not.

That's a loaded question: there are many factors that dictate the effects it will have on you. Hormonal profile, digestive health, protein quality, training load, training age, recovery, bodyweight, body fat percentage, meal timing, etc. all affect the results you would see. Don't get me wrong, protein is necessary for increasing muscle mass, but it is slightly more complicated than eat protein and train.

There is a difference between absorption and utilization. You can absorb more protein than you can utilize per unit of time. Amino acids can be metabolized for energy, so excess will be converted to glucose for energy. This is part of the reason that I am no longer a fan of Intermittent Fasting.

Of course, there are ways to slow down digestion, and therefore, absorption rates. For example, eating fat will slow gastric emptying, digestion, and absorption. This can be particularly useful in night-time meals for people that train hard, regularly (religiously, not for that take time off frequently).
Thanks for the info, didn't know all that. I am not a fan of IF either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom