STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

If I said I didn't shed a tear when I saw that number on the scale would be a lie...100 freaking pounds down the drain! I wanna thank all of you guys in here for the encouraging words, tips and general motivation in this thread it truly inspired me and kept me going! Thanks guys! Going to take a well deserved day off from the gym and relax today but tomorrow it's back to the grind!
#TeamFit

helluva job my good man.

So working out at home hasn't done much of anything. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

When you guys first started at a gym, did you have a trainer telling you what to do each day and how to do each workout or what?

nah. lots of trial and error. years of studying and research, lots of videos and articles learning different stuff. def probably would've been faster with a trainer, but now because of my own initiative, I know more than more trainers. always worked out for sports and stuff, with school trainers, but that was always more for functionality and performance instead of body sculpting.

So working out at home hasn't done much of anything. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

When you guys first started at a gym, did you have a trainer telling you what to do each day and how to do each workout or what?

Man

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

Thats the key to everything now a days.

I played football and was lifting @ school.... and than when i started lifting myself after HS i googled and got a ton of workouts and learned the form easily.

It's really weird that both of you mentioned this because recently I was browsing through articles on T-Nation and half of the articles advised one movement/technique and the other half said to do the opposite.

The dangers of doing research on the internet is that you can find anything you want. Elbows under the bar while squatting? You can find an amateur article telling you its a good idea. Elbows flared behind the bar in a squat? You can find amateur articles telling you its a good idea.

The comment about Youtube guys trying to stand out from one another still applies to written articles. Theres really no difference besides the medium.

Google may be the key to everything these days, but that doesnt mean people are any smarter. In fact I think people are dumber because of it.

Well yea, you can't take everything at face value. The majority is opinionated articles and ideas, more so just guidelines, and through personal experimentation, you create a process that works for you. There's exceptions to every rule, everybody's body is different, so different forms, bar positioning, hand positioning, works differently for people. Watching workout videos and reading exercise articles isn't like going on WebMD and self diagnosing yourself with Leukemia. Watching those videos is just giving you more ideas and perspectives on how to do the basic things. Learned from those that have done it first. Watch what they did right and wrong and adjust the program to fit your personal goals.

Don't sleep on Elliot Hulse on YouTube. Probably my personal favorite.
Not to mention hes strong as ****. I like that he was open about his time spent on the bike.

I learned everything from bodybuildng.com and its forums, this thread and youtube. I love bb.com because they have videos on any exercise you can think of and how to perform it correctly.

The hardest thing for me was diet. Once I figured out what macros were it was so much easier.

Last edited:
Took creatine last night. Didnt have a scoop with it so i used the Whey Protein scoop. Got 1 Rounded scoop it says. Feel like a beast. But drank a gallon already and drinking alot more. Shoot. This thing make me feel dizzy. Goona test it out later if i feel good. But its first time taking it. So my body not use to it.

Last edited:
Took creatine last night. Didnt have a scoop with it so i used the Whey Protein scoop. Got 1 Rounded scoop it says. Feel like a beast. But drank a gallon already and drinking alot more. Shoot. This thing make me feel dizzy. Goona test it out later if i feel good. But its first time taking it. So my body not use to it.

Bruh the avg protein scoop is 30g lol please tell me you mean you used the measurements to get 5g, or did you really down 30+ grams of creatine?

:x

:smh:

Bruh the avg protein scoop is 30g lol please tell me you mean you used the measurements to get 5g, or did you really down 30+ grams of creatine?

Might be going for that Super Sayan Level 3 load.

:x

:smh:

lol oh lawd.

RIP lol

I love how you feel like a beast after taking it once. The supplement industry stays alive from the placebo effect this stuff gives people.

Someone needs to do a placebo study on how people perceive their own body's. The mind is a hell of a thing.

Gonna start with the Creatine tonight now that I've lost 100lbs. Load or no load?

Depends on your body. You can go on that dreamer's load like DaulDierce or you can take a small amount at a time.

I'd start off with only 5 grams and see how it affects your body if this is your first time taking it. I'm only speaking from my own experiences though.

I need your help guys... this tendonitis in my elbow ("tennis elbow" even though I don't play tennis) is KILLING my workout routine... I had to rest a week and it is still super inflamed.

do the phiten elbow straps work (the velcro one you strap in during workouts)?
physical therapy?

I really don't want surgery but this injury has been sidelining me way too much :smh:

Gonna start with the Creatine tonight now that I've lost 100lbs. Load or no load?

Depends on your body. You can go on that dreamer's load like DaulDierce or you can take a small amount at a time.

I'd start off with only 5 grams and see how it affects your body if this is your first time taking it. I'm only speaking from my own experiences though.

I have watched videos from experts that state that loading is BS and just a way for you to use more product

anybody still doing Intermittent Fasting here?

Yep! Lucky and I are still going at it

I stopped cause I cut more than enough weight (230 to 180)... started getting a little too thin for my liking although that ab life was :smokin

started throwing in a small shake in the mornings and eating less clean because it is summer and I need to stay sane (190 now, more muscle but less abs too)

RIP lol

I love how you feel like a beast after taking it once. The supplement industry stays alive from the placebo effect this stuff gives people.

Someone needs to do a placebo study on how people perceive their own body's. The mind is a hell of a thing.

When I first started asking my brother about supps when I began lifting (beginning of last year)

He said something to the effect of "As long as you THINK it's working, then it's doing its job, and it's money well spent.

I didn't get it immediately, but I got it shortly thereafter :lol:

I have watched videos from experts that state that loading is BS and just a way for you to use more product
Yeap..and if u use 30+ grams @ 1 time it'll hurt ur stomach like no tom...i know from experience back in the day
mean.gif

Well yea, you can't take everything at face value. The majority is opinionated articles and ideas, more so just guidelines, and through personal experimentation, you create a process that works for you. There's exceptions to every rule, everybody's body is different, so different forms, bar positioning, hand positioning, works differently for people. Watching workout videos and reading exercise articles isn't like going on WebMD and self diagnosing yourself with Leukemia. Watching those videos is just giving you more ideas and perspectives on how to do the basic things. Learned from those that have done it first. Watch what they did right and wrong and adjust the program to fit your personal goals.

Ok, so going off the assumption that everything you said is true (being guidelines, creating a personal process, bodies being different, special personal bar/body positions) doesnt it make sense to have some sort of instruction or guidance from someone who can apply these guidelines to YOU. Personal experimentation is perfectly fine, as long as the experimentation is logical and well thought out, which unfortunately isnt the case the majority of the time. Many people see a video/article, think they know how to do the movement and end of hurting themselves.

Think of it this way... I watch a video online about how to deadlift/squat/etc. I have a basic idea of what to do so I head to the gym to try it out. Im looking in the mirror but only see one "picture" of me and really have no idea what my body truly look likes or how its moving and something feels wrong. The internet cant fix that.

Maybe its because I come from a totally different perspective, but there have been countless times ive encountered someone who learned from the internet and ive had to teach him/her everything all over again. I don't think the internet should be a resource for basic things, i think its reversed. The basics should be taught by another person, and the advanced/intermediate/variation exercises can be learned from the internet once a baseline level has been taught.

Again, theres a difference between BS and necessary.

my female friend has started working out she's 5'4 140. wants to lose weight get fit, toned skinny. she wants to know the essentials she needs as far as supplements and such. what would you recommend? muti-vitamins, whey? fat burner? etc... 

Back
Top Bottom