STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Went to DC today and didn't (more like couldn't) eat like I thought I was. Had a hot dog and a pretzel and that held me really well until I went out to Red Lobster about an hour ago. Can't wait to get back in the gym tomorrow. Back to grind mode.

dont mind the dirty mirror

just trying to get more cuts in the arms, delts, chest, abs/obliques, basically whole upper body

my back and lower body is where i want it to be, just gotta get the front to match

6'2 205

My brother turned 30 today. I was the only one not to have burgers, cake, and ice cream. Along with getting in my workout this morning, I am truly about that life lol
Not even a bunless burger? If there's meat available, I'm eating regardless of if I'm cutting or bulking.

anyone here drink Bulletproof coffee or do the Bulletproof Diet?
I don't drink hot coffee but I want to try at some point, sounds good. Diet is just a paleo diet, ya?

I want to start drinking the coffee..but i dont like the taste of coffee :\

The diet doesnt seem like anything groundbreaking to me.. Bulletproof IF or diet?
None are. Don't start if you don't enjoy the taste - money sink.

I do it.

Love it. As long as it meets your macros and micros
I'm curious how much you think IIFYM actually affects eating habits. Sure it enables you to squeeze in a few more "cheat" meals and treats, but do you end up eating very differently than if you were eating "clean" (I know that term is frowned upon here). I mean aren't the building blocks still the same.

I'm curious how much you think IIFYM actually affects eating habits. Sure it enables you to squeeze in a few more "cheat" meals and treats, but do you end up eating very differently than if you were eating "clean" (I know that term is frowned upon here). I mean aren't the building blocks still the same.

I use IIFYM and if anything it keeps you motivated to achieve your goals, 1 of the reasons people get fed with 'diets' is because they feel its all boring and routine, With IIFYM it allows you to not worry so much to the degree of wanting to commit suicide for eating a Candy Bar :lol:

Obviously with this method you still need to eat clean aswell, Can't eat pizza every night and throw in a protein shake etc
It just allows a bit more balance that is all

One tip i would recommend is to download the Myfitnesspal app

I use IIFYM and if anything it keeps you motivated to achieve your goals, 1 of the reasons people get fed with 'diets' is because they feel its all boring and routine, With IIFYM it allows you to not worry so much to the degree of wanting to commit suicide for eating a Candy Bar :lol:

Obviously with this method you still need to eat clean aswell, Can't eat pizza every night and throw in a protein shake etc
It just allows a bit more balance that is all

One tip i would recommend is to download the Myfitnesspal app
Word. I feel like iifym gets alot of hate cuz people think it has ya eating straight grimey food all day but it seems like you gotta eat pretty clean on it if you don't wanna be miserable.

I like the concept

I like it because as you said, it allows a balance between dirty and clean.

Peep my MFP (same username) and you'll see what I mean. I devour boiled (in other peoples mind) bland meats and truly enjoy them as much as my pop tarts and nonfat ice creams. The balance is awesome, I hit both my micros/macros, and don't kill myself on the way to hit them :lol:

Not that I ever had difficulty on this journey with any(diet) meal plan: From eating 1,000 calories to IF to Keto, and now slow bulking with IIFYM, I have seen all of them as self-imposed, self-placed challenges, and frankly i've welcomed all of them because they push me further along the path to get my body , and health, to the level where I think it is capable of being.

Last edited:
Man look.... Probably hit 4k cals easy lol.

I see all this chocolate milk talk, is the unsweetened almond chocolate milk any good? Or you guys drinking regular?

:lol: Luch,

I am currently eating (rather, trying) 3,250 cals, and I struggle. Sure, I could throw back more PT's , but I would like to eat more whole foods. Once I get to around the 1,800/2,000 mark my appetite starts waning, have to push myself hard to get to that calorie mark, and looking at my intake, it seems i'm still slowly losing weight :wow: :wow: No bueno

3,500C? That **** seems impossible

Peep my MFP (same username) and you'll see what I mean. I devour boiled (in other peoples mind) bland meats and truly enjoy them as much as my pop tarts and nonfat ice creams. The balance is awesome, I hit both my micros/macros, and don't kill myself on the way to hit them :lol:

Not that I ever had difficulty on this journey with any(diet) meal plan: From eating 1,000 calories to IF to Keto, and now slow bulking with IIFYM, I have seen all of them as self-imposed, self-placed challenges, and frankly i've welcomed all of them because they push me further along the path to get my body , and health, to the level where I think it is capable of being.

:lol: Luch,

I am currently eating (rather, trying) 3,250 cals, and I struggle. Sure, I could throw back more PT's , but I would like to eat more whole foods. Once I get to around the 1,800/2,000 mark my appetite starts waning, have to push myself hard to get to that calorie mark, and looking at my intake, it seems i'm still slowly losing weight :wow: :wow: No bueno

3,500C? That **** seems impossible
link me Brah to the mfp.

See I'm the opposite way. I have no issues getting in 4000 a day if I want. The one thing that holds me back is expense and foods I categorically exclude

Some guy I talk to at the gym had these grips today. Uses them for various exercises, he was happening to be doing biceps as was I and decided to give them a try. I did feel it more in my forearms and made me work harder for my curls. Is there an actual benefit for these though?

Yes. These, and other fat grip adaptors (fat gripz, manus grip, grip 4orce, tyler grips, etc.), are good for training with to increase grip strength. Initially, your training loads will be significantly lower because few people properly train their grip. Over time your grip will strengthen and your training loads will increase. This strength will help with movements that require holding on to heavy weights (deadlifts, rack pulls, chin ups) and odd object lifting.

I suggest you pick up a pair and use them for a while with your upper body training. Despite using lighter loads, when you return to "normal" training, your strength should increase. You don't have to use them with every single movement, but using them for a majority of movements for a period of time will benefit you greatly.

link me Brah to the mfp.

See I'm the opposite way. I have no issues getting in 4000 a day if I want. The one thing that holds me back is expense and foods I categorically exclude

Here's mine :http://www.myfitnesspal.com/cincoseisdos

I don't drink hot coffee but I want to try at some point, sounds good. Diet is just a paleo diet, ya?

pretty much. just stick to grass fed meats/butter & green veggies, white rice > brown rice, avoid dem grainz, dont microwave ur food, and some other info like smoking ur meat is bad cuz of the mycotoxins... bbq is ok but on the unhealthier side. check out bulletproofexec.com for the rest.

drank my 1st cup yesterday. its pretty good but gave me the runs :smh:
i dont feel the crash i get from regular coffee tho. and it made me feel pretty fresh n alert.

imma tone down the butter/MCT oil i put in there cuz of the runs. ill be doing the BP IF in conjunction with heavy lifting. hope to shed a few lbs :pimp:

Word. Seems pretty paleo to me. Do you know offhand why white over brown rice?

I keep it pretty paleo nyself . Good way of eating

Back
Top Bottom