STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nice pics of PSU facility. State Patty's Day is legit.

Would love to workout at Bama's state of the art football facility.
It's pretty much dead now my man 
tired.gif

The University took an apparent effort to distance itself from it. The borough of State College basically buried it when they ordered all bars, beer distributors, liquor stores and bottle shops to close shop that day. Realtors threatened to fine anybody throwing a party. It's pretty much an awful weekend now. I'm just lucky I got to experience a good one in 2011 during my Freshman Year before they started all this nonsense. 

I'm on a workout plan right now where I do squats twice a week at high volume. Today was a 185x50. Basically you're supposed to just start and do it to failure then rack it and rest for a minute and do some more. I did 31 and then 19 but last year I did it I was 23, 16, 9, 2 or somethin. Feels good to be makin that progress and dang does it get your metabolism running and heart rate up. Eatin like an animal for the rest of the day and day after.

If anybody else is brave enough to try this it's a six week program twice a week than you can add on to any upper body routine. I'm happy to post it if anybody else is down for some sets of fifty.

That looks dope 1982
Thanks fam. I wish I could show you a pic of the free weights. They are located under the cardio equipment. 

Literally four full sets of dumbells and I'd say around 20 benches w/ barbell. 10 Squat Racks. The perks of going to an extremely large school 
laugh.gif

There is also a downside though. It's almost impossible to get in a good workout past 3pm on a Friday. Everybody is trying to get that pump before they go out. You'll see dudes lift in jeans and a beater. Then proceed to throw on a button up after their workout 
sick.gif

Pretty much the same for Rutgers Fest after the stabbings by grease trucks in 2011.
AF1: That's like hearing Santa isn't real.
Just ain't the same man 
mean.gif

And it sucks because all my buddies come to visit that weekend, regardless if I tell them not to because it's going to suck. 

Then they leave with the impression that PSU is overrated party wise, which is laughable

Thanks fam. I wish I could show you a pic of the free weights. They are located under the cardio equipment. 

Literally four full sets of dumbells and I'd say around 20 benches w/ barbell. 10 Squat Racks. The perks of going to an extremely large school 
laugh.gif

There is also a downside though. It's almost impossible to get in a good workout past 3pm on a Friday. Everybody is trying to get that pump before they go out. You'll see dudes lift in jeans and a beater. Then proceed to throw on a button up after their workout 
sick.gif

Burberry Touch PWO pleghboiiiii :lol:

That **** 's disgusting :smh: :smh: :x

Burberry Touch PWO pleghboiiiii
laugh.gif

That **** 's disgusting
mean.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif
I'm dying over here man 
roll.gif

I'm guilty of that somewhat toolish behavior.

Purposely getting a pump for biceps before going out.
It's understandable to try and get a pump before going out. Shoot, sometimes when I'm drunk I'll go to the bathroom or someone's bedroom at a party and just start doing a couple sets of pushups 
laugh.gif

It's just so damn weird. You will see dudes literally getting a full workout in jeans, wingtips, and a beater. They will stand by the fan so they don't get too sweaty. Then they will go to the storage lockers and throw on their shirt and have a little vial of some cologne. Then hop on the bus to go straight to the bar. 

If you need to get a pump just to go and have some beers then something is wrong with you

Since I don't have any protein shakes with me I'm just gonna eat a chicken breast from the cookout post workout lol
Over the past 3 weeks, I have not had a post workout shake. Instead, I'm actually eating a meal. It is so much more filling and satisfying than just a shake. Obviously if you can't have a meal the shake is a good alternative, but I don't see shakes as part of my diet going forward. 

and to hit on this university gym topic.

I graduated from Texas A&M and the rec center is incredible. There is better equipment than you will find at any chain gym. There are also 10 full basketball courts and a third floor full size track above them.

The best part though are the girls. That is enough motivation alone to go lift haha

Also, you will always find athletes lifting there and playing basketball. While Manziel was red-shirting, he would always be there hooping. I'll never forgot when my roommate came home one day and told me he was playing with this crazy athletic white kid who said he was on the football team. He asked me if I've ever heard of some dude named "Manziel" on the roster lol

If you need to get a pump just to go and have some beers then something is wrong with you
brah if you're not pounding preworkouts mixed in beers before you head out you're doing it wrong. "Yambs" are evolutionary trained to look out for sickening vascularity.

Over the past 3 weeks, I have not had a post workout shake. Instead, I'm actually eating a meal. It is so much more filling and satisfying than just a shake. Obviously if you can't have a meal the shake is a good alternative, but I don't see shakes as part of my diet going forward. 
Word. Shakes are kinda lame but I still gotta do em for the convenience factor.

I graduated from Texas A&M and the rec center is incredible. There is better equipment than you will find at any chain gym. There are also 10 full basketball courts and a third floor full size track above them.

The best part though are the girls. That is enough motivation alone to go lift haha

Also, you will always find athletes lifting there and playing basketball. While Manziel was red-shirting, he would always be there hooping. I'll never forgot when my roommate came home one day and told me he was playing with this crazy athletic white kid who said he was on the football team. He asked me if I've ever heard of some dude named "Manziel" on the roster lol
damn should a went to a state school in the south. Sick gyms plus hot sorority chicks (preferably blonde), sign me up

I'm using them Pop tarts, but before this store shut down around the block from me and I stocked up on PT's I was heavily investigating straight up Maltodextrin, waxy maize

Malto is cheap AF

Yea Vitargo is a load of money but I'm looking to see if there are any other good replacements for it out there.

Chocolate milk + whey

Will try that.

Not even a bunless burger? If there's meat available, I'm eating regardless of if I'm cutting or bulking.
lol Luckily, we were at home and I have meals prepped to eat. I hate being put in situations where I'm around "bad" foods and my only two options are to cheat or starve haha

Tailgating before Texans' games is an absolute death trap with the hot dogs, burgers, chips and cheese, and alcohol lol Gotta make sure I have a big breakfast beforehand and bring some healthy snacks to eat during the game and on the way home.

Being about that life is all about planning and being prepared for what your day entails.  

lol Luckily, we were at home and I have meals prepped to eat. I hate being put in situations where I'm around "bad" foods and my only two options are to cheat or starve haha

Tailgating before Texans' games is an absolute death trap with the hot dogs, burgers, chips and cheese, and alcohol lol Gotta make sure I have a big breakfast beforehand and bring some healthy snacks to eat during the game and on the way home.

Being about that life is all about planning and being prepared for what your day entails.  

:smokin

Texans' Sundays are just bad for me in general (as far as dieting/working out).

damn

on the cool, the best facilities ive been to have been schools

i love working out at schools

For some reason the weights at LA fitness felt wild light, my gym has the old school weights. I did like that there were many machines so there was no wait for anything.

For some reason the weights at LA fitness felt wild light, my gym has the old school weights. I did like that there were many machines so there was no wait for anything.

The shape/thickness of the handle or length of the handle can all change how heavy dumbbells feel.

Unless ur a power lifter going at extremely heavy full maximal loads then I wouldn't dedicate one day for a specific lift.

Back
Top Bottom