STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Up to 177..from 157 pounds in January. Been working 5x a week, eating well and what most would consider healthy and running 5 miles a day 3x a week. I'm telling you, never been more happy with my body and the changes I've made. Tell people every day the change is up to you, and you only. Some of us have restraints on the amount we can lift, or the amount of time we can dedicate to getting stronger, but it's all about the mindset and how you approach it.

On the path to become a Division 1 Baseball player and beyond..

Stay healthy and positive my friends..

smokin.gif

Overtraining is good. There's even something called overtrained athletes syndrome which makes your testosterone levels so high you test positive for steroids.

Sincerely,
Brian Cushing

and to hit on this university gym topic.

I graduated from Texas A&M and the rec center is incredible. There is better equipment than you will find at any chain gym. There are also 10 full basketball courts and a third floor full size track above them.

The best part though are the girls. That is enough motivation alone to go lift haha

Also, you will always find athletes lifting there and playing basketball. While Manziel was red-shirting, he would always be there hooping. I'll never forgot when my roommate came home one day and told me he was playing with this crazy athletic white kid who said he was on the football team. He asked me if I've ever heard of some dude named "Manziel" on the roster lol
I lift at my rec center too (Arizona). Its not very close to my house, but its worth the trip. The equipment is top notch, and there is something special about a college atmosphere. I dont know what im gonna do when i graduate 
mean.gif

6 ball courts, 1 indoor soccer court, an outdoor soccer field, 2 full sets of dumbbells up to 150lbs i believe. only thing we are short of is benches and racks. I think we have 6 of each and on a busy day it can be damn near impossible to get on one

Last edited:
I always make instant oats and eat it bland. But today after my morning run, my GF's Dad made me this amazing bowl of  steel cut oats with cinnamon, nutmeg,  & vanilla. 
nthat.gif

I definitely need to start "doctoring" up my morning oats because this little bowl of heaven made me feel like I was eating dessert. 

Wonder if he'll make me a pot to go.... 

I always make instant oats and eat it bland. But today after my morning run, my GF's Dad made me this amazing bowl of  steel cut oats with cinnamon, nutmeg,  & vanilla. :nthat:

[rule] I definitely need to start "doctoring" up my morning oats because this little bowl of heaven made me feel like I was eating dessert. 

Whey or peanut butter are both money in oats. I can't imagine trying to eat some bland oats lol

I lift at my rec center too (Arizona). Its not very close to my house, but its worth the trip. The equipment is top notch, and there is something special about a college atmosphere. I dont know what im gonna do when i graduate 
mean.gif

6 ball courts, 1 indoor soccer court, an outdoor soccer field, 2 full sets of dumbbells up to 150lbs i believe. only thing we are short of is benches and racks. I think we have 6 of each and on a busy day it can be damn near impossible to get on one
BEAUTIFUL gym my dude. 

They closed my gym in Spain early today :smh:

They were supposed to close at 4, I got there at 2:55, closed :smh: :smh:

Went and did pull-ups on the beach instead.

mean.gif

I continue to lift at my schools rec center (Sacramento State) as an Alumni Member. So much cheaper than going anywhere else, and I feel like its much nicer than places such as 24 hour fitness, etc. One of the main reason I dont want to relocate

that's a lot of lower weight sets/reps. I feel like that could take away from you lifting heavier weights.

I usually do warm up set of 135x5 then wait for a few minutes and go straight to heaviest i can do for three sets of 5.

dentist said i can't go to the gym for a week after i got my teeth taken out. my weight seems to be maintaining at 156 since wednesday even though ive been eating a bunch of ice cream and yogurt lol

Last edited:
Anyone use brio freeze gel? My brachioradial muscle has been stiff for some days now. Can't extend my arm further than maybe 120 degrees. I look so dumb walking with my arms curled.

I always make instant oats and eat it bland. But today after my morning run, my GF's Dad made me this amazing bowl of  steel cut oats with cinnamon, nutmeg,  & vanilla. :nthat:

[rule] I definitely need to start "doctoring" up my morning oats because this little bowl of heaven made me feel like I was eating dessert. 

Yup, all delicious flavoring that really doesn't add much of anything negative to the mix. Your girl's pops must be from the caribbean.

Went and did pull-ups on the beach instead.

There is a park across my gym that recently went under an entire renovation and they built a workout station in place of benches by the basketball courts.

I've been doing park workouts at least twice a week for past few weeks, especially when it's just too nice out to be inside the gym.

Getting my pullup reps up :pimp: .

Anyone use brio freeze gel? My brachioradial muscle has been stiff for some days now. Can't extend my arm further than maybe 120 degrees. I look so dumb walking with my arms curled.
Try using Camphor.

It works crazy fast, it my go to ache cream.

I use this  Mexican based Camphor.

Yup, all delicious flavoring that really doesn't add much of anything negative to the mix. Your girl's pops must be from the caribbean.[/quote

Yep from the caribbean, he came in the kitchen and was like you used too much oats, u mind if I doctor it up. Hes like go shower it'll be ready when you come out. Came back and he had it in gigantic pot rocking. I swear i have to watch my food intake over there, everything is just so delicious.

How long does it take for your body to eat up the muscle? I ask because today i couldn't eat any breakfast

I'm just eating now and ive been at work since 11:30

I woke up at 10. So am i good? I'm bulking by the way

There is a park across my gym that recently went under an entire renovation and they built a workout station in place of benches by the basketball courts.

I've been doing park workouts at least twice a week for past few weeks, especially when it's just too nice out to be inside the gym.

Yea, even though its hot/humid I enjoy running outside. Its been about two weeks since I've been in the gym due to an elbow strain. So its been cardio and body weight exercises . I miss being in the gym and lifting heavy but I gotta listen to the doctor and take it easy

Yup, all delicious flavoring that really doesn't add much of anything negative to the mix. Your girl's pops must be from the caribbean.

Yup, all delicious flavoring that really doesn't add much of anything negative to the mix. Your girl's pops must be from the caribbean.[/quote

Yep from the caribbean, he came in the kitchen and was like you used too much oats, u mind if I doctor it up. Hes like go shower it'll be ready when you come out. Came back and he had it in gigantic pot rocking. I swear i have to watch my food intake over there, everything is just so delicious.
Lol, anytime I tell people what I put in my oats they look at me like I discovered Holy water. :lol:

West Indians know. :smokin

How long does it take for your body to eat up the muscle? I ask because today i couldn't eat any breakfast

I'm just eating now and ive been at work since 11:30

I woke up at 10. So am i good? I'm bulking by the way

I can't tell if this is trolling or not lol

You aren't gonna lose anything that quickly.

Back
Top Bottom