STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I need help with a cutting diet.. Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner diet, along with possible snacks.. I am going to South Beach in less than a month, and I'm trying to get leaner.. currently at 168lbs.. trying to drop at least 6lbs.. Currently going to the gym 6 days a week and also running daily.
Im leaning out and putting on some muscle (getting harder muscles mostly, though I do feel my shoulders are getting bigger, but maybe thats due to leaning out) by not really cutting but just eating normally, just less portions. Less rice, cut the soda, and I try to avoid fried foods. Do the same, cut out what you know is bad and take less big portions and increase your protein. Im down to 191 from 197 in about a month. Slow process but then again im still enjoying different food I normally eat.

Im leaning out and putting on some muscle (getting harder muscles mostly, though I do feel my shoulders are getting bigger, but maybe thats due to leaning out) by not really cutting but just eating normally, just less portions. Less rice, cut the soda, and I try to avoid fried foods. Do the same, cut out what you know is bad and take less big portions and increase your protein. Im down to 191 from 197 in about a month. Slow process but then again im still enjoying different food I normally eat.

This is exactly what I am doing at the moment. Eating from home primarily, lots of fruits, water and portion control. I ONLY drink soda when an desperate and if its the ONLY option.

At the moment, I feel as if I hit a plateau and I am looking to get past it

Im leaning out and putting on some muscle (getting harder muscles mostly, though I do feel my shoulders are getting bigger, but maybe thats due to leaning out)

The lower your body fat gets, the more your shoulders will pop.

Last edited:
Goals for myself...they are slow....but its crazy to think when i started lifting seriously about 2 years ago i was benching 115lbs and was squatting 225lbs :lol:

Squat - 1 RM of 375lbs. I am currently keeping it at 315 for working sets and can get 5 reps on 2 sets. I have 1 repped 345lb....i will try a new max in a couple of weeks when i can pump out 315x6 and then 335x3

Dead-lift - 405lbs right now i have DL 365 3 reps but haven't tried going higher then that. I can't wait for that 4 plate feel

Bench - 225lb - yeah i know....all my strength is in my legs :lol: but i have 2 repped 195lbs but haven't gone higher...working on getting up my DB bench too i can get 85lb DBs up for 4 reps....would love to hit the 100lb DBs one day

Cleans - 225lbs - I just started working these into my workout and i currently am horrible at them :lol:. I did 165lb 2 reps yesterday...and it was a struggle. Gonna probably keep it around 135lb to get my form down to a point when im not concerned about it...and then start adding weight. But as of now im not doing too hot

I am 6 foot between 180lb-185lb on a given day normally about 183lb.

And i actually do lunges in the box. Idk what its called but its the smith machine box thing that goes up and down and forwards and backwards. Its way easier then doing free lunges which i do sometimes but hard to find space at my gym a lot of the time and the box is open a lot.

Depends on your size

Whats ur height, wt, bf %?
5'8 

15% if I was being nice lol

I'm not anywhere near where I want to be but all my lifts have/are going up. I hate deadlifts but do them anyway, but my squat and bench have progressed nicely. 

Edit: Nice lifts Timbo, I'll be happy with a bodyweight press by the end of the year, one of my favorite lifts.
Now a BBer and the average person are gonna have diff views on whats strong obviously but imo for ur size id say a set of atleast 8 with a minimum of:

Bench 295

Squat 315 (ATG)

DL 405

Last edited:
Bench - 225lb - yeah i know....all my strength is in my legs :lol: but i have 2 repped 195lbs but haven't gone higher...working on getting up my DB bench too i can get 85lb DBs up for 4 reps....would love to hit the 100lb DBs one day

Bench is my weakest too. Been trying to mix it up between BB and DB incline/decline/flat to see some gains. Having loooong arms + prior invasive chest surgeries = :smh:

Bench is my weakest too. Been trying to mix it up between BB and DB incline/decline/flat to see some gains. Having loooong arms + prior invasive chest surgeries = :smh:

Yeah man long arms...i have been trying to hit chest two times a week. But been a struggle with my schedule.

Weighted dips and push ups are great for your bench (different hand placement variations). At least in my experience. I usually hit em at the end to thoroughly cook my chest. Are you guys doing pyramids for chest or 5x5s?

Weighted dips and push ups are great for your bench (different hand placement variations). At least in my experience. I usually hit em at the end to thoroughly cook my chest. Are you guys doing pyramids for chest or 5x5s?

I do a weird program for Bench, but I've seen results from it. Hard to describe, so I'll show an example.

Week 1: 3x3 160 lbs, 1x20 105 lbs
Week 2: 4x4 160 lbs, 1x20 110 lbs
Week 3: 3x3 165 lbs, 1x20 115 lbs
Week 4: 4x4 165 lbs, 1x20 120 lbs

I pretty much incorporate a bit of strength training, followed by a set of 20 for hypertrophy. The weight for 20 reps goes up every week, because I haven't faced a weight yet that I couldn't rep for 20.

As for push ups, I like doing diamond pushups followed by regular pushups. I don't even count reps for em, I just do em till failure every set. Got some nice chest, and tricep gains off that too.

I'm doing pyramids, although I'm struggling to push out all the reps with the higher intensity. Should I just keep doing sets until I complete all the reps? Or if I fail on one of the sets, don't complete the reps and move on?

I do pushups at the end of my workout also. Need to get a good dipping station for my home gym.

screw bench man, most frustrating. i can move up in everything no issue but my bench is horrible.

Got to LA Fitness at 750 and was like AWWW DAMN THIS PLACE PACKED. Seemed like around 820-830 the crowd cut in half. I did my 5-10 stretch while peeping the scene and waiting for a bench to open up and snagged it.

Mine is the same, it closes at 11pm, so I don't even walk in until like 9:20 :lol:, and the weight area still has a small crowd but not too bad. mine dies down around 10 which works for me.

Got to LA Fitness at 750 and was like AWWW DAMN THIS PLACE PACKED. Seemed like around 820-830 the crowd cut in half. I did my 5-10 stretch while peeping the scene and waiting for a bench to open up and snagged it.
Mine is the same, it closes at 11pm, so I don't even walk in until like 9:20
laugh.gif
, and the weight area still has a small crowd but not too bad. mine dies down around 10 which works for me.
I LOVE LA Fitness, MAN you guys get in late.  I am in bed by that time.  I get out of work around 2 get to gym around 3 knock out my hour of cardio and call it a day.  Currently on IR until my elbow finishes recovering.  Wednesday, is leg day, Friday is calves.  No telling what the sites would be like around that time of day, it is already like a club or lounge around 7.  Some of the outfits women come in wearing.  SMH.

Am I the only one cutting that finds it hard to get carbs in? I avg like 40-60g a day lol I'm trying to do a carb refeed and will probably barely get over 100g (I'm still eating at a caloric deficit so I don't think it could be considered a true refeed day)

Am I the only one cutting that finds it hard to get carbs in? I avg like 40-60g a day lol I'm trying to do a carb refeed and will probably barely get over 100g (I'm still eating at a caloric deficit so I don't think it could be considered a true refeed day)
40-60grams of carbs? What are doing? theres no reason to only be eating that many carbs im cutting and im eating 400-500 and upwards of 700 on refeed days

how are you struggling to get 100g of carbs? :lol:

Have you tried some whole weat options?  Don't know why you are aiming for such a low amount of carbs.  Are you trying to cut your carbs because you aren't seeing the results you want?

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition...rbs_to_add_to_your_diet_to_help_you_stay_slim

Back
Top Bottom