STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The calm before the storm...

Chest day!

^ I'm preppin right now for chest around noon. Liftin with two of my boys for the first time in months at my old LA. Added bonus that I get to prove to one of them that I still throw around more at 170 than he does at 200 on orals.

Im not even gonna derail this thread anymore but you have no idea what good cardiovascular shape is if you think posing is in the same world as being in good cardiovascular condition. Im around runners all the time and thats good cardio shape. I bet theres few IFBB pros that could even do a 5k without passing out lol I would lap them and Im not that fast.

/ end rant

Back to helping others and reaching my goals.
Tell them runners to not eat fat, carbs, decrease their calories extremely for months, dehydrate themselves, carry around 300lbs of muscle and then do their run.

An IFBB pro doing a 5k? Thats like asking Dale Earnheart to do an F1 race. Two different worlds

Tell them runners to not eat fat, carbs, decrease their calories extremely for months, dehydrate themselves, carry around 300lbs of muscle and then do their run.

An IFBB pro doing a 5k? Thats like asking Dale Earnheart to do an F1 race. Two different worlds
Now does that make any sense at all to tell a marathon runner to carry around 300lbs of muscle? Face it the majority of IFBB pros are not in good cardiovascular shape because of the weight they carry around. Posing takes some skill I wont doubt that because I cant figure out how to get a good mind muscle connection with some muscle groups such as my lats, but lets stop acting like these guys are in great physical shape past having tons of muscle, the majority of them are damn near wheezing when they do interviews while they're lifting.

Just had a strong chest/tri day.

Hit 315lb on incline for the first time in a while.

Tris are blown out

Now does that make any sense at all to tell a marathon runner to carry around 300lbs of muscle? Face it the majority of IFBB pros are not in good cardiovascular shape because of the weight they carry around. Posing takes some skill I wont doubt that because I cant figure out how to get a good mind muscle connection with some muscle groups such as my lats, but lets stop acting like these guys are in great physical shape past having tons of muscle, the majority of them are damn near wheezing when they do interviews while they're lifting.
You're the one that compared marathon runners to BB pros though. So if you're going to do a comparison you have to account for all the variables.
And im saying though, how do you know posing is really that easy?

Bro there is nothing about posing that you can ever equate to cardiovascular shape period. Try reading what Im saying, I said it takes some skill but you acting like you gotta be in perfect shape to know how to pose. I know youve tried/still do the whole competing thing so your a little biased but these guys are not all you make them out to be.

Bro there is nothing about posing that you can ever equate to cardiovascular shape period. Try reading what Im saying, I said it takes some skill but you acting like you gotta be in perfect shape to know how to pose. I know youve tried/still do the whole competing thing so your a little biased but these guys are not all you make them out to be.

How you gonna talk posing to someone that's been there and is around people that compete all the time?
C'mon son

Watch this vid.

ehhh you def have to be in great shape to pose effectively. It's wild how pulling on your body it actually is. All the holding of the breath, and positions. I remember PH talking about how depleted he was on stage that his whole body locked up and he was passing out.

Ill cosign dropten on this one. If never done a BB show or gone through posing so i cant speak from first hand knowledge but from a physiological standpoint hes definitely right. The heart (and subsequently the entire cardiovascular system) goes through a lot of stress during bb posing.

Ill cosign dropten on this one. If never done a BB show or gone through posing so i cant speak from first hand knowledge but from a physiological standpoint hes definitely right. The heart (and subsequently the entire cardiovascular system) goes through a lot of stress during bb posing.
It might but its nowhere near comparable to running or anything activity like.
How you gonna talk posing to someone that's been there and is around people that compete all the time?
C'mon son

Watch this vid.
I dont care who your around. My main point is that BBers aren't in good cardiovascular shape and that is the truth, none of your suspect bathroom vids are gonna change that.

I said posing take some skill, I haven't claimed once I know anything about it but its not in the same league as the stuff Im comparing it to. The main reason they're that lean and dry is the drugs there on, there bodies hate them at that point which plays into them about passing out.

there used to be this huuuuuge roided out body builder in my jiu jitsu school and dude would gas in 20 seconds when we rolled(sparring for those of you that dont know the term). not only did he gas extremely fast, but he was a statue. dude had like zero athleticism because of all the muscle. :lol: years later he built up his gas tank, but he stopped lifting weights entirely and shrunk to the point you would never think dude ever was a bodybuilder.

Last edited:
Man... Last night was bad. Drank entirely way too much, not even sure how I got home. Woke up on my floor after having slept there for 7 hours :lol:.

I'm quitting drinking apart from special occasions though. Takes too much of a toll on my body.

Had a good workout today, but I just wasn't focused like I should have been...tasted Hennessy on every rep.

Blasted legs with high reps, and nuked my core. Core is definitely lacking. Hyperextensions with a 45 plate hurt so bad.

It might but its nowhere near comparable to running or anything activity like.
I dont care who your around. My main point is that BBers aren't in good cardiovascular shape and that is the truth, none of your suspect bathroom vids are gonna change that.

I said posing take some skill, I haven't claimed once I know anything about it but its not in the same league as the stuff Im comparing it to. The main reason they're that lean and dry is the drugs there on, there bodies hate them at that point which plays into them about passing out.

Come talk to me when you hit the stage

Man... Last night was bad. Drank entirely way too much, not even sure how I got home. Woke up on my floor after having slept there for 7 hours :lol:.

I'm quitting drinking apart from special occasions though. Takes too much of a toll on my body.

Had a good workout today, but I just wasn't focused like I should have been...tasted Hennessy on every rep.

Blasted legs with high reps, and nuked my core. Core is definitely lacking. Hyperextensions with a 45 plate hurt so bad.
Bad idea to train while hung over. Your body is using alot of energy to recover and training might over work your body and possibly start breaking down muscle.
You're more than likely dehydrated also.

.....trained legs today....first exercise was squats...8 reps in...bubble guts said hello...smh

Back
Top Bottom