STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

That's because the average American is overweight and doesn't exercise. A healthy adult can easily run a sub 10 minute mile

Last edited:
That's because the average American is overweight and doesn't exercise. A healthy adult can easily run a sub 10 minute mile
I think 10-12 mins is the average time duration for an adult that is in decent shape.

I concur on the average American being overweight. It is only going to get worse. We went from a cheeseburger to a triple decker with bacon stripes, etc. AKA heart attack on buns.

I remember when the whole frozen yogurt thing became hip as the healthier alternative to ice cream, then they came out with the super jumbo size, chocolate flavor, and chocolate toppings :smh:

Im saying that from a physiological viewpoint posing puts a lot of stress on the heart and vascular system. Maybe you calling it 'cv conditioning ' is affecting your viewpoint on the topic but posing puts a lot of stress on the body cardiovascularly.

Is me believing it retarted or is your closed mindedness on the topic retarted? Im not putting you down when i say this but if you cant understand how it would be challenging then you dont know enough about exercise/wellness.

Pretty sure your mom and sister can do it or definitely sure they can do it? For the average american, its more challenging then you think it is.
Man you sound slick every time you talk straight up, no way around it. I haven't read as many books as you but Im coming from real experience saying that posing does not take some kind of cv conditioning. Sure it puts stress on the body but I would bet part of that is because these dudes aren't in good cv shape TO BEGIN WITH.

Man I dont know why you came out of left field trying to add fire to this.  My main argument is that these IFBB pros are not in good shape past having big muscles.  I believe that being in good physical shape is being something more than looking good while posing in a pair of trunks.Nothing you can say will change my mind on that. All you have been doing lately in this thread is questioning people, I dont ever hear you even talk about your goals or going to the gym or anything like that.

This thread has been going off lately and I didnt mean to be a part of it so Im done with this topic but yall fools are sleep if you think these big boys arent 2 steps from heart failure from weighing close to 300 pounds. The human body isnt meant to be that big and they know that.

Last edited:
Nevermind the fact that I'm sure plenty of strength athletes/bodybuilders can run that.....................

What makes running a sub 10 min mile more applicable to fitness than strength?

I'm not a fan of bodybuilding by any means, but posing takes a ton of cardiovascular fitness and muscular endurance. Are you serious?

Last edited:
took the week off last week.

cant wait to get back, this bulk is making me look like crap i need to get big... now!

I took a week off from the gym before. I didn't like it. Took me a week after thst to get my body ready to lift again.

I usually just lift lighter after 2-3 months, but still go. I aim for higher than normal reps too when I'm in a delay week.
I was miserable. That's why I'm limiting myself to 1 night of drinking per month now.

When I start cutting, I won't drink at all. Have to make sacrifices for the things I want.
You talking drinking any alcohol whatsoever or "binge" drinking?

I find that I can do the 3-5 drinks thing a couple times a week without any significant impacts, but yeah heavy drinking more than once a week now takes a toll on my body. No longer in college.

Yeah, I'm keeping drinking to special occasions. Maybe because I lack self control, but I get hammered every time I drink. Better off just not doing it at all.

Nevermind the fact that I'm sure plenty of strength athletes/bodybuilders can run that.....................

I'm not a fan of bodybuilding by any means, but posing takes a ton of cardiovascular fitness and muscular endurance. Are you serious?

Why are you even trying to argue with me? I didn't even say any of the things that you're talking about. All I said is that it's foolish to LOOK athletic but not be able to do the most basic of "athletic" activities, something that LITTLE CHILDREN can easily accomplish. Look at dudes in military infantry. Those dudes can lift AND run 3 miles under 18 minutes. Would you rather work towards that or just look like a human blow up doll who can't do simple everyday activities? (not calling you out specifically, just asking a general question)

Last edited:
Why are you even trying to argue with me? I didn't even say any of the things that you're talking about. All I said is that it's foolish to LOOK athletic but not be able to do the most basic of "athletic" activities, something that LITTLE CHILDREN can easily accomplish. Look at dudes in military infantry. Those dudes can lift AND run 3 miles under 18 minutes. Would you rather work towards that or just look like a human blow up doll? (not calling you out specifically, just asking a general question)
I think he was talking to me lol Gotta love these dudes coming in here just to argue.

Last edited:
Im saying that from a physiological viewpoint posing puts a lot of stress on the heart and vascular system. Maybe you calling it 'cv conditioning ' is affecting your viewpoint on the topic but posing puts a lot of stress on the body cardiovascularly.

Is me believing it retarted or is your closed mindedness on the topic retarted? Im not putting you down when i say this but if you cant understand how it would be challenging then you dont know enough about exercise/wellness.

Pretty sure your mom and sister can do it or definitely sure they can do it? For the average american, its more challenging then you think it is.
Man you sound slick every time you talk straight up, no way around it. I haven't read as many books as you but Im coming from real experience saying that posing does not take some kind of cv conditioning. Sure it puts stress on the body but I would bet part of that is because these dudes aren't in good cv shape TO BEGIN WITH.

Man I dont know why you came out of left field trying to add fire to this.  My main argument is that these IFBB pros are not in good shape past having big muscles.  I believe that being in good physical shape is being something more than looking good while posing in a pair of trunks.Nothing you can say will change my mind on that. All you have been doing lately in this thread is questioning people, I dont ever hear you even talk about your goals or going to the gym or anything like that.

This thread has been going off lately and I didnt mean to be a part of it so Im done with this topic but yall fools are sleep if you think these big boys arent 2 steps from heart failure from weighing close to 300 pounds. The human body isnt meant to be that big and they know that.

Im not attacking you or trying to put you down. We cant have an actual discussion on this? Thats the biggest problem we have with this thread. There isnt any real discussion on a topic. Im not making personal shots at anyone. However, I dont think you can say that you can say what you say from personal experience because A. Youve never been in that type of shape and tried to pose and B. you yourself you struggle with having that type of mind-muscle connection. No shots, just being honest.

CV conditioning isnt the same thing as putting stress on the CV system. Youre thinking about it from a "running" viewpoint and im speaking on it from a "physiological" aspect.

Im not disagreeing with you when you say they arent in great shape besides having big muscles and im not disagreeing with your definition of good physical shape. Im not trying to change your mind on that. I agree with you.

How am I adding fire to this? I said I agreed with him on the fact that it puts a lot of stress onto the CV system.

In terms of my talking about my goals or going to the gym, im not the type of person who finds it helpful to type "chest day", "blasted my legs today" and talk about my experience in the gym that day. Im not into the bodybuilding aspect of exercise. My workouts are typically for sport performance, and discussions on that dont happen in here.

When did anyone say it took cardiovascular fitness or muscular endurance to pose? Those are your words.

I think 10-12 mins is the average time duration for an adult that is in decent shape.

I concur on the average American being overweight. It is only going to get worse. We went from a cheeseburger to a triple decker with bacon stripes, etc. AKA heart attack on buns.

I remember when the whole frozen yogurt thing became hip as the healthier alternative to ice cream, then they came out with the super jumbo size, chocolate flavor, and chocolate toppings :smh:
The serve-your-own-frozen yogurt scheme is a genius marketing setup. Same concept as the make your own salad bars and those type of things.

On another note, I agree that general healthiness isn't improving; however, I don't think it's solely because people just don't care and are down to stack up bacon. I think another contributing factor is how companies and restaurants sell fake "healthiness" as a marketing point. Think about all the foods out there that boast about having X grams of whole wheat or X grams of protein or As much calcium as a glass of milk. Companies use stuff like this to convince people that they are making the "healthy" choice when, in fact, the food being sold is ****** in terms of macros, health, etc..

I think he was talking to me lol Gotta love these dudes coming in here just to argue.
C'mon guy. You're arguing a pretty insignificant point yourself here. Sincerely doubt that resolving whether posing takes cardiovascular endurance is going to help you achieve your fitness goals or understanding of fitness. Bodybuilding competition is a pretty niche pursuit, even in a thread like this. Not too many people care about the sport/pastime/whatever you want to call it. The corollary of that is that few people are very knowledgeable about it. Why argue about it? I'd save the arguments for stuff that may actually affect your day-to-day fitness.

Im not attacking you or trying to put you down. We cant have an actual discussion on this? Thats the biggest problem we have with this thread. There isnt any real discussion on a topic. Im not making personal shots at anyone. However, I dont think you can say that you can say what you say from personal experience because A. Youve never been in that type of shape and tried to pose and B. you yourself you struggle with having that type of mind-muscle connection. No shots, just being honest.

CV conditioning isnt the same thing as putting stress on the CV system. Youre thinking about it from a "running" viewpoint and im speaking on it from a "physiological" aspect.

Im not disagreeing with you when you say they arent in great shape besides having big muscles and im not disagreeing with your definition of good physical shape. Im not trying to change your mind on that. I agree with you.

How am I adding fire to this? I said I agreed with him on the fact that it puts a lot of stress onto the CV system.

In terms of my talking about my goals or going to the gym, im not the type of person who finds it helpful to type "chest day", "blasted my legs today" and talk about my experience in the gym that day. Im not into the bodybuilding aspect of exercise. My workouts are typically for sport performance, and discussions on that dont happen in here.
When did anyone say it took cardiovascular fitness or muscular endurance to pose? Those are your words.

Well said. I'm glad I'm not the only one that questions the relevance narcissistic posts in this thread. I fully recognize that everyone has the right to post what they want, but a lot of the posts in this thread would be better received on Twitter, Instagram, or whatever the social networking site de jour is.

Why pick an arbitrary thing such as running a sub 10 min mile as a marker for basic fitness.

10 min 12 min 15 min whats the difference

A child can run a sub 10 min mile but there's many strength feats they can't. That doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't? I was speaking more specifically to the people who were saying posing isn't difficult. Even if you don't take into account the extremely low bf and dehydration of bodybuilders it's still very difficult.

CJ was wild small lol
as far as aesthetics, dude is perfect

no need for that "grainy" look (that was never my goal)

hella cuts, and a legit *** ab-wall

now as far as strength, i have no idea how much dude was lifting at the time, but he should be strong enough for the ladies to swoon over and to hold his own should someone swing on him at the club

on another note, i think im going to do a mini bulk, ive always just wanted to maintain a basketball players physique but a lot of people are tellin me i look like a tight end sized guy

only problem is im actually only 180lbs of actual muscle, 30lbs of fat is makin me look decent, im about to start shootin for dat RG3 physique

Why pick an arbitrary thing such as running a sub 10 min mile as a marker for basic fitness.

10 min 12 min 15 min whats the difference

A child can run a sub 10 min mile but there's many strength feats they can't. That doesn't mean anything.
It doesn't? I was speaking more specifically to the people who were saying posing isn't difficult. Even if you don't take into account the extremely low bf and dehydration of bodybuilders it's still very difficult.

All I'm saying that it's better to be well-rounded. Don't be the big guy who can't even walk a few blocks without getting exhausted or go up the stairs when the elevator is broken, don't be the fast runner who can't do a single pullup, etc (I know people like this in real life)

Last edited:

Mind posting up your routines/workouts to help us out or discuss actual workouts for sport performance?

That's cool. I agree with the general sentiment. I would rather be an all around athlete as well. Part of the reason I started learning the Olympic lifts a ways back and recently increased my walking and sprinting distances.

But a 400 pound powerlifter may have trouble doing "prolonged" cardio but they aspire for a big total and get paid/live for it so who am I to say they are any less fit than say a guy training for a triathlon?

Terms like "fitness" and "eating healthy" are extremely subjective and I usually just try to avoid them :lol:

Man... Last night was bad. Drank entirely way too much, not even sure how I got home. Woke up on my floor after having slept there for 7 hours
laugh.gif

I'm quitting drinking apart from special occasions though. Takes too much of a toll on my body.

Had a good workout today, but I just wasn't focused like I should have been...tasted Hennessy on every rep.

Blasted legs with high reps, and nuked my core. Core is definitely lacking. Hyperextensions with a 45 plate hurt so bad.
Bad idea to train while hung over. Your body is using alot of energy to recover and training might over work your body and possibly start breaking down muscle.
You're more than likely dehydrated also.
Worst idea ever. I only drink if im off the next day and i never drank to the point i didn't know how i got home.
.....trained legs today....first exercise was squats...8 reps in...bubble guts said hello...smh
I farted one time loud as F. While Deadlifting. Everyone heard it and looked at me on the mirrors. 
embarassed.gif

Quote:
I always poo prior to the gym
That gives you energy to go lift.

But why would you be comparing it running or any activity like that? Whats the point?
Again, I dont know where youre going with the comparison? Why would a BBer want or even need to run a sub 10 minute mile? Its not needed. A lot of people cant do a sub 10 min mile either.
That's horrible. Elementary school kids can run sub-10 minute miles, there's no excuse for a fit adult not to be able to do so. Actual fitness>Physical appearance

Everybody calm down before trolls report you to the hall monitor.
Reported!

Had a good little mini-workout in the morning, and ate 5 slices of pizza after. Felt ashamed as I was eating it, but haven't had pizza in months. :rolleyes

Last edited:
:lol: Damn let cuz live tho!

I've added 200 crunches to my morning routine before getting ready for work. Anybody else do quick little things in the morning?

*disclaimer*

I'm not asking on anyone's opinion on the relevancy of said morning acts, just asking out of curiosity

Last edited:
hmmmm I got some wrist straps already and the only lift I use it for is deadlifts, but wanted to ask does anyone here use wrist wraps/supports for all there push lifts just for the extra support? If so, helpful? Suggestions?

hmmmm I got some wrist straps already and the only lift I use it for is deadlifts, but wanted to ask does anyone here use wrist wraps/supports for all there push lifts just for the extra support? If so, helpful? Suggestions?

naw I dont use anything on push, only time I use straps is on DL, and I use Gloves for barbell shrugs but as of recent I have been using the shrug machine. It seems like a hassle to wrap for bench press

Mind posting up your routines/workouts to help us out or discuss actual workouts for sport performance?

Box jumps - 3x6. 36 in
1 leg box jump - 3x6. 18 in
Hang power clean 3x6. 165
Banded front squat. 3x6. 225

All 4x5
Bench press - 250
Military press - 145
Dips - 50 lbs

All 4x5
Sumo deadlift - 345
Single leg deadlift - 95
1 leg bench squat - 40 lb kb offset