STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lol I screwed my lower back all the way up seems like it's started feeling weirder since I've been at work. Hopefully I can at least do rows and lat pulls, I'll hold off on squats and deads for a week or two

The waking up moment happens to a lot of newish lifters. It's easy to ignore proper form and mobility without having directly experienced the consequences. When you're back and healed, I'd deload the weights significantly so you can work on ideal form. Plus, add in some mobility work if you're not already doing it.

Ultimately, it's up to you, but the best way to heal an injury is to actually rest. You'll just be prolonging the recovery period if you continue to try and lift around your injury. A back injury affects all your lifts whether you like it or not.

I jacked up my back years ago. I dont even remember from what but it wasnt because of the gym. I couldnt get out of bed or walk normally it was so bad.
What worked wonders for me is wearing a weight lifting belt for a few days. its the same concept as a back brace but if you dont have one and have a weight belt, you can use that

I wanted to get a belt but didn't want to until I started squating heavy so I don't become too reliant, but I think I just need to go ahead and cop one. Did you wait till you were somewhat healed? My squat max is prolly like 385-405
I think I rounded my back when I was doing 365 on Sunday and that caused it, because same thing happened to me last year.

The waking up moment happens to a lot of newish lifters. It's easy to ignore proper form and mobility without having directly experienced the consequences. When you're back and healed, I'd deload the weights significantly so you can work on ideal form. Plus, add in some mobility work if you're not already doing it.

Ultimately, it's up to you, but the best way to heal an injury is to actually rest. You'll just be prolonging the recovery period if you continue to try and lift around your injury. A back injury affects all your lifts whether you like it or not.

Wed is a chest/back day for me so I'm gonna do light weights to see how I feel. When I tweaked my back last year it hurt to walk and stuff, right now it's just an annoying feeling when I move certain ways

I rock a belt for anything over 315lb for squats.

Deads, and shrugs automatic on.

Collapsed vertebrae in my lower back years ago from FB, I play no chances.

I do enough core exercises to keep my core strong.

True I'm not trying to be a power lifter or anything just tryna be massive and shredded. Is it worth the bread to get one of these high end competition belts or any will do?

True I'm not trying to be a power lifter or anything just tryna be massive and shredded. Is it worth the bread to get one of these high end competition belts or any will do?

I bought one of BB.com. Gasp brand, regular price was like $75, or so. Had a coupon that reduced it to $55.

I'd probably just get a belt, but I'd make sure it's leather. I've tried those velcro/cloth ones... And I don't trust em.

you guys think adam charlton is natty? i follow dude on ig. freaking huge, ripped year round and it looks like he does most of his workouts in his bedroom lol. his name is adam400m on ig. he used to be a cross country runner. his genes are godmode if he's natural.

I wanted to get a belt but didn't want to until I started squating heavy so I don't become too reliant, but I think I just need to go ahead and cop one. Did you wait till you were somewhat healed? My squat max is prolly like 385-405
I think I rounded my back when I was doing 365 on Sunday and that caused it, because same thing happened to me last year.
I put the belt on the next day once I realized my back was really jacked up :lol:
I used to shun belts too, but ive learned my lesson, and pride isnt worth the injury.

Last edited:
you guys think adam charlton is natty? i follow dude on ig. freaking huge, ripped year round and it looks like he does most of his workouts in his bedroom lol. his name is adam400m on ig. he used to be a cross country runner. his genes are godmode if he's natural.
Homie used to run track not cc

He does have supreme genetics tho, he's actually fast and was ripped before he decided to become a bodybuilder

But I never thought he was natural, homies metabolism is dumb fast, he would have to eat like a carnivorous elephant to get to the size he got to in the time span it took him to get that size and stay as lean as he did

Lol I screwed my lower back all the way up seems like it's started feeling weirder since I've been at work. Hopefully I can at least do rows and lat pulls, I'll hold off on squats and deads for a week or two

im with you on this one

not a DR, but rest, ice, stretch, get a foam roller, etc ..

i dont know how it'd work with your back, but "RICE"

Last edited:
Man I can't just not go to the gym at all LOLOLOL

Gonna spend 100 bucks on a lifting belt, hate to do it but I need one and best belts belts are suppose to be the top out there

Man I can't just not go to the gym at all LOLOLOL

Gonna spend 100 bucks on a lifting belt, hate to do it but I need one and best belts belts are suppose to be the top out there
Listen to your body and go with your gut

Havin that eye of the tiger attitude is what's up, but you don't want it to take forever to heal

It's a little different, but back in 2010 I pinched my sciatic nerve and it took a full year to recover because I was bein a knucklehead and kept hoopin/liftin without doctors prescribed resting time and stretch regiment

To this day I still have minor pain in my right booty cheek for not resting right and what not

Lunch on deck...

Marinated grilled chicken thighs (yes skin on... sue me) with 1 cup green beans and 1/2 cup of brown rice.

:smokin

Listen to your body and go with your gut

Havin that eye of the tiger attitude is what's up, but you don't want it to take forever to heal

It's a little different, but back in 2010 I pinched my sciatic nerve and it took a full year to recover because I was bein a knucklehead and kept hoopin/liftin without doctors prescribed resting time and stretch regiment

To this day I still have minor pain in my right booty cheek for not resting right and what not

I might skip cardio tonight and rest and just use machines/seated workouts until I heal

As for inzer I hear their customer service sucks, I'm gonna order from bestbelts hear nothing but good things about them. I'm probably gonna get a troll color like line green or pink, come at me

I might skip cardio tonight and rest and just use machines/seated workouts until I heal

As for inzer I hear their customer service sucks, I'm gonna order from bestbelts hear nothing but good things about them. I'm probably gonna get a troll color like line green or pink, come at me
Get something embroidered on the back, like, The Great one or The Peoples Champ or wait for it.... Come at me Bro

Last edited:
uck it. chest tonight. did legs yesterday. walking real gingerly. chest and some bis tonight, then back n tris tomorrow

Get something embroidered on the back, like, The Great one or The Peoples Champ or wait for it.... Come at me Bro

I'm gonna ask if they can seriously, I'm probably gonna cop mid next month when I get some extra bread. I'm gonna try and do some low intensity cardio tonight depending how I feel after I lay down and take a nap, and I'm gonna just do some machine work and alternate exercises until I feel better.

I had some soreness a while back. So I just stopped doing deads/squats for like 2-3 weeks. I did leg press and other leg workouts on machines and worked out my core. I would suggest to do the same for a while. I just did squats yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks and it was my strongest ever.

You don't want to mess up your back while you are still young so it's not worth it to rush it when you have soreness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom