STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I like what you're bringing to the thread bwood056 bwood056 with the progress pix and now vids, the contributions are a good break between all of the bickering lol.

so I have a question for you guys....how long is your typical gym session? start to finish...I hear all the stuff trainers say about anything over 45-60 min is bad and blah blah blah, but I can't seem to get out of there in under 2 hrs. Like, I'm not fried in 45 minutes. hence why I have the energy to continue giving 100% for another hour and a quarter. I typically go 3-4 days in a row, 145-2hr each. No problem. And no, I'm not getting my bike on, hell currently I'm not on any supps at all, no whey, no creatine, no pwo, etc. not even a multi. Just fish oil. And my friends do it as well, and i dont think any of them have cns issues, they may be taking supps though to help them along idk. But still, what are your schedules looking like?

Last edited:
I like what you're bringing to the thread bwood056 bwood056 with the pix and now vids, the contributions are a good break between all of the bickering lol.

so I have a question for you guys....how long is your typical gym session? start to finish...I hear all the stuff trainers say about anything over 45-60 min is bad and blah blah blah, but I can't seem to get out of there in under 2 hrs. Like, I'm not fried in 45 minutes. hence why I have the energy to continue giving 100% for another hour and a quarter. I typically go 3-4 days in a row, 145-2hr each. No problem. And no, I'm not getting my bike on, hell currently I'm not on any supps at all, no whey, no creatine, no pwo, etc. not even a multi. Just fish oil. And my friends do it as well, and i dont think any of them have cns issues, they may be taking supps though to help them along idk. But still, what are your schedules looking like?

1:30 When I do a 5 day split 2 hrs when I do a 3 day full body

Typically hour n half 6 days a week.

Thanks btw freeze.

I do a lot of HIT training that incorporates tires/sleds/box jumps/ bleachers/ monkey bars/ sand pits.

I'll take some good vids tomorrow..

Any way I can help.

I just don't know how to embed photo bucket vids, usually just the link.

i'm doing PPL 6 days/week. weeksdays i workout at work and i warm up for about 5-10 and lift for an hour. weekends i workout in a nice gym and warm up about 15+ min and workout 90 mins max. i used to add 20-30 mins cardio but i don't do any nowadays (for well over a year). adding cardio and cutting out sweets completely would probably bring me down to some nice ab definition but i hate cardio and been so weak on the snacks :smh:

i'm doing PPL 6 days/week. weeksdays i workout at work and i warm up for about 5-10 and lift for an hour. weekends i workout in a nice gym and warm up about 15+ min and workout 90 mins max. i used to add 20-30 mins cardio but i don't do any nowadays (for well over a year). adding cardio and cutting out sweets completely would probably bring me down to some nice ab definition but i hate cardio and been so weak on the snacks :smh:

most people adjust their calories to make up for lack of cardio, but when you get to super low BF% aint no way around it unless you plan on starving yourself.

I like what you're bringing to the thread @bwood056with the progress pix and now vids, the contributions are a good break between all of the bickering lol.

1.5hrs.  In at 6-6:15 out at 7:45

Not sure what my avg time is but it never goes past 45 min. When I was at a regular gym total work lasted an hour-hour 15 with the rest of the time just talking and what not.

Hell most likely write you a script to get an MRI done or xray.

Then from there decide on how to proceed.

Probably won't do much since you are still inflamed.

I`m asking because I`m not sure if I should just go to a hospital or what or how ever that works.

I like what you're bringing to the thread @bwood056with the progress pix and now vids, the contributions are a good break between all of the bickering lol.

Average 90 minutes, thats including stretching and foam rolling at the beginning. Longest would be 2hrs. Dat overtraining is a myth dog, you might under recover or not eat enough but Im a firm believer that our bodies can handle way more than we think.
I'll take some vids tomorrow at the gym if you all want.

Easier to show than explain.
Ive used those before, they work really well. The ones I used were black and yellow, did all sorts of body weight stuff.

I`m asking because I`m not sure if I should just go to a hospital or what or how ever that works.
First session with a chiro is usually just an evaluation and x-ray. Treatment starts on the 2nd sess.

yeah thanks for the input. gonna probably have to do what bwood and lucky suggest. i used to snack on yogurt but just fell off damnit. gonna also dig out the jump rope. i'm not anywhere low bodyfat but this is the leanest i've been in a long time and i gotta keep pushing.

Fresh market has bogo chicken breasts on tues.

I'll load up on breasts and ground turkey.

Meal prep tues.

Whats the best pre-workout out right now?

Was using Afterburn but it's kinda :\

Last edited:
My gym sessions are usually 90-120 minutes long. That includes rolling, and stretching after lifting.

As for core training, I got suggested by one of the dudes at the gym to start it. I told him how my lower back would be tight once I started hitting 3+ plates on Squats. He just told me to start training abs as well as lower back.

Dude is a monster too. Said he has a pinched nerve, but Squats 4+ plates with only knee wraps.

Also, be careful as to who you ask for spots, guys. Some dudes don't watch your form, and just let you do the exercise wrong. Saw a guy tweak something in his back tonight, because his "spotter" didn’t keep him from leaning forward on Squats.

My go to pre workout

Changed up my chest workout as well. I used to start with flat bench.

Did Incline Bench for the first serious time today. Went light with 135 to gauge my strength, and did about 8 Sets of 5 with it.

Did fast DB Press as well... how do you guys lean back easily with the DBs? Maybe cause my abs were sore, but it was difficult.

Im hitting my core harddd today.

I hurt my back too on Friday. never hurt myself while deadlifting before until that day.

But now im 90% healed... I recover from injuries quick.

was DL 345 Raw.

Going to probably invest in a belt as well.

What is that?
Whats funny is im money with DL, squats have always been my issue. Did you still workout while hurt or what? I cant sit out a week man. I`ll just ignore my legs all together and once it feels better do leg press and stuff until I buy a belt later.

I forget what all I did last time this happened, i dont remember if I just didnt go to the gym or what.

Now I`m depressed brahs, brb sending my girl to go pick me up some chick fil a
mean.gif
Yeah i finished my workout even though i was in pain. Did another set of deadlifts followed by bent over rows. After that did 3 diff curl exercises, lat pull down wide and close grip, tbar rows and forearm exercises.

I was in pain when i got home and the next 2 days i woke up sore as F. I didnt ice it down or take medicine. I just chilled and rested.

I usually go for an hr - 1:15

But im moving it up to 1:30 - 2hrs.
Changed up my chest workout as well. I used to start with flat bench.

Did Incline Bench for the first serious time today. Went light with 135 to gauge my strength, and did about 8 Sets of 5 with it.

Did fast DB Press as well... how do you guys lean back easily with the DBs? Maybe cause my abs were sore, but it was difficult.
You gotta strength your core to get those DB's up.

----

Back from Chest Day.

National Chest Day is REALLLL!!!!!!!!

All 3 Barbell flat and inclines were taken. Smh.

Moving it back to Sunday. 

Would've been off if my back was OK yesterday. SMH.

Wish my area had like a Metroflex type of gym. 

Back
Top Bottom