STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Seems like international chest day turned into NT leg day. Fine by me.

By far my favorite traditional gym I've been to in Houston. Not too nice like lifetime. Supply you chalk, belts, chains, and kettle bells up to 85lbs.

Last edited:
this. Highly recommend an inzer. you wont regret it. lifetime warranty. :smokin the exact one bigboss posted is the one i have and i LOVE it. Never had any issues with mine.

10mm vs 13mm? I hear people say 13mm on some Alpha vs 10 mm = beta, but idk. and do you have prong or lever? I hear leaver is much easier.

Inzer takes forever to ship I hear, do they charge you right away or when it ships? bestbelts.net doesnt have lever belts.

I just called inzer they dont do custom sizing like bestbelts.com does I think I`ll just get a large (sz 34-38)

I doubt I get under a size 34 waist while cutting (currently a 36) but then again who knows. :frown:

what would you guys do?

Last edited:
I have the 10mm lever. My boy has the 13 and it's way too thick IMO the 10 is plenty thick. He just ordered a red 10mm lever so I guess he didn't like the 13 either. I wear 34 in jeans and I got a large. No issues.

FYI belt is going to be ridiculously thick and stiff at first. I broke mine in by rolling it and stuffing it in my bag+lots of use. It's nice being able to just pull the lever and the belt pops off easily after a heavy set of lifting.

Last edited:
Some dude at my work who lifts recently found out he has a herniated disk from doing incorrect deadlifts. Smh I told him he was doing the mcdonalds arch while deadlifting but he didn't want listen. He got his horrible deadlift form from a crossfit class.

always emphasize correct form before anything. Smh.

Last edited:
Man I can't just not go to the gym at all LOLOLOL

Gonna spend 100 bucks on a lifting belt, hate to do it but I need one and best belts belts are suppose to be the top out there
If you must go to the gym for happiness reasons (I know the feeling). Go and just do mobility work for a half hour. You'll feel like you got something done, but you won't be hurting yourself further.

Another way to look at it is to treat it as an exercise in self-discipline. Generally, we think of self-discipline as the motivation to get to the gym 4 times a week, get our lifts in, not eat those donuts at work, or squeeze in the second serving of brotein with dinner. However, self-discipline is equally as important in terms of getting the necessary amount of rest to recover and to heal injuries like this. A true alpha has the self-discipline to rest when rest is necessary.

Seems like international chest day turned into NT leg day. Fine by me.

By far my favorite traditional gym I've been to in Houston. Not too nice like lifetime. Supply you chalk, belts, chains, and kettle bells up to 85lbs.

That's pretty dope. View from the gym looks nice too.

Some dude at my work who lifts recently found out he has a herniated disk from doing incorrect deadlifts. Smh I told him he was doing the mcdonalds arch while deadlifting but he didn't want listen. He got his horrible deadlift form from a crossfit class.

always emphasize correct form before anything. Smh.

My DL are gravy I just rounded my back on the last set of squats. It's wild last night I was money minus a little ping feel but today it's gotten progressively worse and last 5-10 min my back just went ham it was tough getting in bed

Rounding on the squat like a butt wink at the bottom? Or rounding like a good morning coming up?

Last edited:
My DL are gravy I just rounded my back on the last set of squats. It's wild last night I was money minus a little ping feel but today it's gotten progressively worse and last 5-10 min my back just went ham it was tough getting in bed
Adrenaline can get in the way of you initially feeling the pain.

If you're having trouble lifting with proper form, drop down the weight. I know you don't want to hear it, but you're probably not suited to be lifting as heavy as you can.

Lifting isn't only about completing a certain amount of reps with a certain weight; it's about doing those reps with proper form so that you avoid injury.

Adrenaline can get in the way of you initially feeling the pain.

If you're having trouble lifting with proper form, drop down the weight. I know you don't want to hear it, but you're probably not suited to be lifting as heavy as you can.

Lifting isn't only about completing a certain amount of reps with a certain weight; it's about doing those reps with proper form so that you avoid injury.

I think my legs are way stronger than my lower back so a mix if that and form screwed me up, I'm gonna call out of work tomorrow and hit up the chiropractor

I think my legs are way stronger than my lower back so a mix if that and form screwed me up, I'm gonna call out of work tomorrow and hit up the chiropractor
The issue is your core. I had this same issue when squatting heavy. I knew I could go heavier but there was alot of pressure on my back. Once I started working on my core, it made a **** load of a difference.

The issue is your core. I had this same issue when squatting heavy. I knew I could go heavier but there was alot of pressure on my back. Once I started working on my core, it made a **** load of a difference.

Always down to strengthen the core since it's something everyone can work on and affects you everyday in and out the gym.

What are some good core exercises?

Just crushed legs...

Leg press: 9 plates each side 5x5 (pre exhaust)

Back squat barbell: 335lb boxed 4x8 pause 1sec

Front squat barbell: 245lb boxed bellow parallel 5x3

RDLS: 225lb @ two sets of 8. 275lb @ two sets of 5

Leg extensions: full rack ran to last pin burnout

Leg curls on hammer strength: four 25lb plates on each side drop set to one 25lb plate.

Walking 50 yard lunges with PVC (bamboo) kettle bells on each side for 4 sets totaling 200yards.

Fin.

Legs started to seize upon me during extensions man lol

I'm sure that's what it is because I never do any core workouts ..

Man in dying right now back started going crazy out if nowhere. Going to the chiropractor in the AM

Hit arms today. First day picking up the weights in a week since being sick. They always feel heavier the first day back.

Time to get back in the rhythm.

Had to post this, check out the first girl they show. Da thickness 
devil.gif
Lmao @ how goofy Vince look in that thumb tho
Got damb that girl had a nice body.
dam man, cj dam foolay

shawty body was stupid on point, id be like "bae, just stick to a solid nutrition, you know you gon look like cj if you keep up this workout foolishness" lol

wood eat

wood beat

rinse

and repeeeaaaaatttt

sidenote: why she seem so innocent, when we all know she know she got dat bod

I'm sure that's what it is because I never do any core workouts ..

Man in dying right now back started going crazy out if nowhere. Going to the chiropractor in the AM
Im hitting my core harddd today.

I hurt my back too on Friday. never hurt myself while deadlifting before until that day.

But now im 90% healed... I recover from injuries quick.

was DL 345 Raw.

Going to probably invest in a belt as well.

anyone have any core workouts that they do?

I know TONS with TRX and Indo boards.
What is that?

Im hitting my core harddd today.

I hurt my back too on Friday. never hurt myself while deadlifting before until that day.

But now im 90% healed... I recover from injuries quick.

was DL 345 Raw.

Going to probably invest in a belt as well.

What is that?

Whats funny is im money with DL, squats have always been my issue. Did you still workout while hurt or what? I cant sit out a week man. I`ll just ignore my legs all together and once it feels better do leg press and stuff until I buy a belt later.

I forget what all I did last time this happened, i dont remember if I just didnt go to the gym or what.

Now I`m depressed brahs, brb sending my girl to go pick me up some chick fil a :smh:

Back
Top Bottom