STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The Gawwd

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a wider stance limit your range of motion more than a narrow stance. At least that's how it is for me.

Either way, sounds like you need to do some mobility work

With a wider stance you can point you feet and knees out to make more room for your hips. Which is why a lot of people a able to go ATG. Narrow stance require more hip mobility which is why people have a hard time to parallel. IMO

I use a wider stance most of the time because I feel more stable. Im still able to go past parallel with no problems.

Bar placement also plays a role, where at on your back are you placing the bar?  il prescelto
i think it's closer to a high-bar position for me. i'll try exprimenting with the bar position next time though

Not exactly sure how the wider stance would affect you in terms of musculature you're training, but from a common sense point of view, why would you squat in a wider stance when the narrower stance would be more applicable to your athletic goals?

Well from what I read online and what I can tell when I do the movement a wider stance uses less quads and more glutes/hamstring/hips. I'm not flexible to squat ATG while keeping a straight back with a narrower stance (I think it's mainly my ankles that are too tight), so my options are squat to parallel using a shoulder width stance or use a wider stance and squat deeper. I'm working on it and eventually I should be flexible enough to squat either way, but for now I was considering going with a wide stance and that's why I asked.

Squat to parallel with a shoulder width stance.

Dont avoid the dysfunction.

Last edited:
anyone have any core workouts that they do?

Body weight is not enough for me, so I usually do these with a 45.
same with this

Seated knee raises with a 10-25lb dumbbell between my feet
Same with the leg raises

I dont do typical core excerises because I need alot of resistance. I can plank all day and not get much out of it.

Both. Foam roll to loosen up a bit, then lacrosse ball for point releases before workouts. I have a foam roller at home too so if i am sore i roll out while watching tv at night.

should I work my way up to a firm or what? I see they have different types

Both. Foam roll to loosen up a bit, then lacrosse ball for point releases before workouts. I have a foam roller at home too so if i am sore i roll out while watching tv at night.

should I work my way up to a firm or what? I see they have different types

I'd get the firm one, and just deal with the pain at first. You'll get used to it.

Wish my gym let us carry around bags on the floor. I would have everything in there.

My gym says no bags, but everybody carries one. Between my protein, gatorade, belt, wraps, straps... It's too much to carry without a bag.

i think it's closer to a high-bar position for me. i'll try exprimenting with the bar position next time though
Yeah try a lower bar position, I think it will work better with the wider stance. 

You can see his feet placement in the different types.

Last edited:
Body weight is not enough for me, so I usually do these with a 45.
same with this

Seated knee raises with a 10-25lb dumbbell between my feet
Same with the leg raises

I dont do typical core excerises because I need alot of resistance. I can plank all day and not get much out of it.
How do you keep a dumbbell between your feet when you do these?

Here are some core exercises that I did after my back and bi session.

The fist video is done with the ab ball, all gyms have an ab ball, and these exercises can be done wherever.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/...15A54E20-646-0000006948939B70_zpsa9b583f9.mp4

These next two vids are done with an Indo board, I prefer core exercises on these due to the immense tension on the core.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/...83919C29-646-0000006DA8AE43FB_zpsa4ef5fcc.mp4

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/...4DB53394-646-0000006EECC032C7_zps30941e8a.mp4

Hopefully this helps some.

The trx straps were being mopped up by dinglberries (noobs).

I'll take some vids on them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom