STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Getting them in the position to bench is easy but shoulder press? Thats a whole different story :lol:   I have to do one at a time and it is a struggle once I get up in weight 
110lb dumbbell shoulder press ftw. I remember one time I f'd up and had to drop the weight :lol:. Mad embarrassing.

Ive had about 4 embarrassing moments in the gym.
The shoulder press failure.
My legs gave out under the leg press twice. I was stuck till someone helped me out :lol:
Failed 425lb squat. Just dropped the bar.

Ive failed deadlifts too, but those are easy to play off. Just drop the bar.
Luckily ive never failed on the bench

I see this all the time and crack up every time :lol:

I have had one failure in the gym...

Was epically embarrassing lol

When I was powerlifting I was warming up on incline bench @ 225 and at my old gym, the equipment sucked.

The barbell had ZERO grip, I was exploding up fast, and slip out of my hand at highest point goes the bar....

I re caught the bar on my clavicle...

Racked the weight, cleared the bar...

And left .

Figured it wasn't my day lol

110lb dumbbell shoulder press ftw. I remember one time I f'd up and had to drop the weight
laugh.gif
. Mad embarrassing.

Ive had about 4 embarrassing moments in the gym.
The shoulder press failure.
My legs gave out under the leg press twice. I was stuck till someone helped me out
laugh.gif

Failed 425lb squat. Just dropped the bar.

Ive failed deadlifts too, but those are easy to play off. Just drop the bar.
Luckily ive never failed on the bench

I see this all the time and crack up every time
laugh.gif
Man 110lbs, da envy, Ill be there one day.

Ive failed on bench once shame on me, felt like a ****.

Ive been afraid of failing on leg press and just being stuck with all that weight 
sick.gif

Squats wouldnt bother me, dropping over 4 is beast anyway, people cant say jack **** lol

A lot of yall go to super brolic gyms I feel like, me Im at a fitness center with all the old timers. Aint nobody too big there so its cool if you gotta bail out on a lift. **** what people think anyway doe.

Last edited:

Ive been afraid of failing on leg press and just being stuck with all that weight :x

Squats wouldnt bother me, dropping over 4 is beast anyway, people cant say jack **** lol

A lot of yall go to super brolic gyms I feel like, me Im at a fitness center with all the old timers. Aint nobody too big there so its cool if you gotta bail out on a lift. **** what people think anyway doe.

thing is there are a ton of big dudes at my gym and none of them lift heavy or deadlift.

Ive been afraid of failing on leg press and just being stuck with all that weight :x

I used to go to this "soft" gym about a month ago, until they let go a personal trainer that im real cool with there off some dumb ish. Dude left and started working at Golds the same day, so I left with him. I must say, even though the gym is grittier, the atmosphere is what I like. Str8 to the point, less talking, get **** done. The other gym maxed out dumbbells at 125. This goes to 150

Last edited:
Theres a huge BB community from what I hear in Atlanta due to the old WCW days, theres a hardcore gym by me but they close so early only reason I stick to LA Fit.

thing is there are a ton of big dudes at my gym and none of them lift heavy or deadlift.

This, **** has always baffled me.

There are guys at my gym who are monsters who lift very pedestrian weight, don't squat and don't deadlift.

Also need that DB rack yesterday, I be struggling trying to get them 90's up on the shoulder press, ***** more exhausting than the actual movement :lol:

Last edited:
My last big failure was bench pressing 135 for 40 reps. My tri's gave out on the 40th rep and everybody was just lookin at me like I was a fool for about 5-10 seconds then homie came by as he saw me going in the negative. I had to explain myself afterwords.

Anyone have any good recommendations on where to get a 10lb bag of gold standard for less than $100 shipped? If not might just cop from ebay.

I used to go to this "soft" gym about a month ago, until they let go a personal trainer that im real cool with there off some dumb ish. Dude left and started working at Golds the same day, so I left with him. I must say, even though the gym is grittier, the atmosphere is what I like. Str8 to the point, less talking, get **** done. The other gym maxed out dumbbells at 125. This goes to 150
I feel you, I wouldnt mind a hardcore atmosphere but at the same time my personality isnt setup to deal with ******** haha. Plus I got a free membership from working at my gym so I aint leaving yet. 
Well they might have extra help then or are just chilling now to stay the same size. 
only thing i dont follow JC on lol OHP ftw
smokin.gif
I feel you, I enjoy it much more. I recently tried push pressing to help break through my OHP weight.

My place has dumbells up to 200lbs ftw.

My place is also número uno in the state of Florida, and nationally up there.

I love my gym with a passion.

Lol

Embarrassing Moment:  I remember when i was deployed to Africa I hit the gym on shoulder day, was doing shoulder press with 80lbs no issue, I go to rack the weight my hand slips and i cut the skin in the middle of my finger to the white meat...Starts bleeding crazy I get the first aid kit from the desk and dress it up.. Couldnt lift so I left...

Back
Top Bottom