STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

But the point is that he doesnt have to eat after 7. Depending on what else was eaten the rest of the day, food after that time may not be necessary.

Its absolutely not wrong.

Bodybuilding nutrition isnt the same thing as real world nutrition. Having to eat every 3 to 4 hours is a total lie. The idea that no food for a few hours slows down your metabolism and puts you into a disasterous catabolic state just doesnt have a scientific backing.

This is just flatout wrong.  Why would you stop eating after 7, put your body into a catabolic state AND slow your metabolism down?  If you're ingesting meals every three, four hours to speed your metabolism up, why stop and be counterproductive?  If you want to stop carb intake after 7, that's fine but to ingest nothing??

If he is trying to lose weight/burn fat it absolutely has scientific backing.  Now, I don't know this mans health statistics but if you cut off food intake after 7 you not only put yourself in a catabolic state, you run the risk of your blood sugar levels dipping too low and becoming unstable because its used to being stabilized from food intake coming in so often during the day. How do you lose weight/burn fat the most healthy way?  by ingesting something every three to four hours and speeding up your metabolism correct?  Bodybuilding nutrtion and regular/proper nutrtion are both rooted in ingesting/grazing and speeding up your metabolism.  Bodybuilding/fitness nutrition only comes into play after when your are counting macros, determining how much protein/carbs, nutrient timing, etc that you need to create growth.  We(bodybuilders) push the envelope to the extremes but the basics are the same, period.  Sure there are other ways such as ultra low calorie diets, Atkins, etc but those have been proven to create just as many problems as the rapid weight loss it promotes.  And, we all know those aren't conducive to long term success/change.  If he is counting macros/calories a better way would be to space them out more or take in smaller amounts so that his metabolism keeps running and burning fat. I'm not flaming you at al, btw and I'm always up for a good discussion.

what happens when you sleeping then? you are going 8-10 hours without food on a good night

Sleep is a necessary function for your body to rest and repair itself so obviously, unless you don't sleep at all you are going to experience some sort of catabolism due to sleep but why prolong that catabolism by 3-4 or however many hours he is awake after 7pm by not eating?  Maybe I just like to eat too much, lol...

If he is trying to lose weight/burn fat it absolutely has scientific backing.  Now, I don't know this mans health statistics but if you cut off food intake after 7 you not only put yourself in a catabolic state, you run the risk of your blood sugar levels dipping too low and becoming unstable because its used to being stabilized from food intake coming in so often during the day. How do you lose weight/burn fat the most healthy way?  by ingesting something every three to four hours and speeding up your metabolism correct?  Bodybuilding nutrtion and regular/proper nutrtion are both rooted in ingesting/grazing and speeding up your metabolism.  Bodybuilding/fitness nutrition only comes into play after when your are counting macros, determining how much protein/carbs, nutrient timing, etc that you need to create growth.  We(bodybuilders) push the envelope to the extremes but the basics are the same, period.  Sure there are other ways such as ultra low calorie diets, Atkins, etc but those have been proven to create just as many problems as the rapid weight loss it promotes.  And, we all know those aren't conducive to long term success/change.  If he is counting macros/calories a better way would be to space them out more or take in smaller amounts so that his metabolism keeps running and burning fat. I'm not flaming you at al, btw and I'm always up for a good discussion.

Im not taking it personally or a flame/whatever. Neither one of us is saying anything negative about each other on a personal level, its all good.

Theres some merit to the blood sugar aspect, but truthfully that doesnt have a huge negative effect on the body assuming good health. That can be worked around.

The food every 3 to 4 hours to keep the metabolism up is a lie. A metabolism is a very broad term used to cover many areas, and nutrition is a really small part of it. A lot of small meals throughout the day wont lead to an increased metabolism. It may help in weight loss because of the blood sugar factors and a tendency to not overeat, but it affects metabolism minimally.

Those few hundred calories someone is missing by not eating after 7 isnt going to affect the metabolism.

Also, youre probably better off getting an extra few hours of sleep instead of staying up to get one more smaller meal in. Sleep is actually a pretty anabolic activity. Its more anabolic than catabolic.

Activity level has a far greater capacity to cause metabolism changes than food ever will.

Last edited:
The best supplement available, that everyone has access to is... Sleep.

Unfortunately it's elusive at times, and as of late. :frown:

I work 12 hour night shifts every 2 weeks. Deadly

I have a meal every 2-3 hrs. I get at least 2 or 3 meals in. Also have fruit or snacks as well

I don't believe in IF unless you work a job where you literally can't eat for a period of time. 

Also once you get to a certain point IIFYM and tracking every little thing isn't necessary, cutting for contest prep might be the only exception.

Last edited:
im part of a gym thats by my job which isn't near me. a planet fitness opened closer to me. was going to join it as well for days off and wanted to ask for any pros or cons for this gym.

im part of a gym thats by my job which isn't near me. a planet fitness opened closer to me. was going to join it as well for days off and wanted to ask for any pros or cons for this gym.

Pros- none

Cons- everything

while planent fitness is garbage they still got weights, just go in and do work if you got nothing else near you or if you cant afford a higher end gym.

cats are coming home from lock up looking cut after their bids with no weights. Better start curling the garbage cans breh..

Weekends are the death of me 
laugh.gif

Anyway my cut is going as planned, 4 weeks in, 9 pounds lost and expecting to hit 10 pounds down on Monday. Nervous about Thanksgiving in a few weeks, not the big meal but the leftovers when i have that week off school. 

Back
Top Bottom